Start by marking “Where There's Fire” as Want to Read:
Where There's Fire

Where There's Fire

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  5 reviews
McKade’s most scorching novel yet.

Shattered by her mother’s death—and the fact that the killer got off scot-free—Detective Shon Alexander is prepared to take the law into her own hands. Nothing will get in her way. Not her badge, not her big arson investigation, and definitely not the mysterious witness who seems to see right through her.
Mass Market Paperback, 296 pages
Published October 7th 2008 by Berkley Sensation (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Where There's Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where There's Fire

jenjn79
Apr 14, 2009 jenjn79 rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to jenjn79 by: previously read author
Solid 4-star romantic suspense. This is the second book I've read by author Maureen McKade and I've enjoyed both of them a lot. They're a very nice blend of romance and suspense.

Detective Shoni Alexander is a cop on the verge of a total meltdown. A few months earlier, her mother was killed by a drunk driver. Due to a technicality, the driver got off scot-free and Shoni can't accept that. She's already lashed out once at the cop who screwed up the case. Now, she's planning to do something that co
Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Oct08

Another tortured hero served up for our delectation! “Where There’s Fire” is my first contemporary romantic suspense by Maureen McKade. I didn’t realize that I had recently read one of her historicals until I was typing this interview and my fingers remembered the name. Then, of course, I had to check out why and Bingo! Now I find myself comparing her writing styles and realizing that there are many similarities. Not so strange I guess, but still
LibraryLass
Sandy
This book was great. A combination of murder mystery combined with a bit of romance novel. Interesting combination that, in this case, worked.
Mom Taxi Julie
Very slow, I was so glad when it was finally over.
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Occ
Occ added it
Aug 29, 2014
Tiffany Ertle
Tiffany Ertle marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
Mary Partridge
Mary Partridge marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Natalia Paige
Natalia Paige marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Lana
Lana marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Maureen McKade has been making up stories since the moment she learned to read, write and string sentences together. Her first book, "Winter Hearts", published in 1997 was a finalist in the Romance Writers of America's (RWA) Golden Heart contest, then a finalist in RWA's RITA for best first book. Since then, she's written thirteen more books and a short story for an anthology.

She taught middle sch
More about Maureen McKade...
A Reason to Live (Forrester Brothers, #1) Mail-Order Bride (Mail Order Series, #1) To Find You Again A Reason to Believe (Forrester Brothers, #2) A Reason to Sin (Forrester Brothers, #3)