Start by marking “Tank Girl: Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
Tank Girl: Apocalypse

Tank Girl: Apocalypse (Tank Girl)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  717 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Tank Girl's pregnant! How will our manic heroine cope with motherhood? Is it Booga's? What will it look like? And what do the sinister members of the cult of the Blood God Baal have to do with it?
Published October 1st 2003 by Titan Books (first published April 29th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Tank Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tank Girl

Meryl
May 25, 2009 Meryl rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: comic book geeks and she-nerds
Shelves: read-and-loved
After watching the movie, I had to read the graphic novels, but unfortunate for me, even at age 16, I didn't know how bloody expensive graphic novels were! So I bought the only "Tank Girl" on the shelf at my local comic book store. $20. Are you serious? ..yes

Anyway, upon buying the book, I felt stupid for using my last 20-dollar bill on such a silly thing. My parents chided me and I felt dumber, but not totally regretful. I read the friggin' thing because I bought it. And you know what?
I lurved
Chibineko
If you're familiar with Tank Girl, you know that she's far from the motherly type- despite hints early in the series that she'd eventually get knocked up. A girl who wishes for the world's biggest can of lager & spends her time shooting things with her tank just doesn't really sound like a great role model for a baby. Too bad for her that destiny has other things in mind.

Booga knows something's wrong when TG refuses her morning brewski & when she isn't cheered up by blowing something up
Johnny Zombie-writer
Funny, offensive just what you want from a Tank Girl story. The end of the world is coming, mostly due to power hungry, religious fanatics who goes to war with basically everyone.
Does Tank Girl care, no she's off the booze, the sex and the drugs!!!

OH NO!!!

Is our anarchic, couldn't give a rats ass, heroine truly ill, losing her mind or is she up the duff with the coming messiah that could save the world.

It's a crazy and bumpy ride, grab a 6 pack and get ready for Tank Girl!!!
Ashish
Decent origin story for the 'roos. Somehow this was one of the more coherent story arcs (not that it's saying much) with much hilarity, carnage, protuberant eyes, sweaty grins, and gunfire added to the already potent mix of politics, the concept that each and every politician and world leader is not only evil, conniving, greedy and self-centered but also a disciple of the blood-god Baal and deliberately triggers Armagaeddon as an act of worship, asteroids, Godzilla, Hitler, Mars bases, and pregn ...more
Sarah Churchill
It's been a very long time since I last read any Tank Girl, but I do remember the whole thing being more insane and disordered than this volume. For that reason this is a good read for TG newbies (as long as you can just accept the fact that her boyfriend is a mutant kangaroo) because it reads with a linear narrative - TG getting pregnant and promptly giving birth during the apocalypse, together with a drugged up Richard & Judy paradoy. Love it.
Ruthi-san
I loved it as usual haha. Tank Girl is awesome. I didn't give a full 5stars however because I felt it wasn't quite tank girl as tank girl should be. Apocalypse was a lot more organised than what Tank Girl should be. that is also obviously due to having two completely new authors. however I still felt like I was in the story and it was admittedly somewhat refreshing to read a full continous story. I loved the idea of a tank baby and how at times tank girl herself becomes slightly softer in nature ...more
Christian
Technicolor ultra violence, adolescent anarchy, and 90s conspiracy theories. What else do you need from a comic?
Rachel Searcey
Hah! Tank Girl is preggers in this one! I really enjoyed the art and coloring, but the inking wasn't as impressive as volumes 1-3. There are 2 stories, the first longer one that was initially 4 issues (covers are in the back), and a second shorter one off that's like a "Legend of Tank Girl" tall tale.

This volume and The Odyssey, over the others (1-3), are your best bet if you're a first timer to the world of Tank Girl, since they have actual story lines & plots. You get a better sense of th
Sam
I've got to be honest I was rather disappointed by this given the reputation it has for pushing boundaries and causing controversy. I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't something this crude and loutish, I knew it was graphic but there didn't seem any meaning, thought or depth beneath it, which for me was a bit of a disappointment. The illustrations are good and the story isn't bad but to be honest I'd give it a miss unless you're already a fan of the series.
Ben Jones
Pritchett's artwork leaves much to be desired, coming across as sloppy if anything. Worth a read if you're a TG fan, and possibly if you're a newcomer to the series as Grant provides a rather simplistic and watered down narrative compared to earlier tales. Unfortunately this story pales in comparison to the earlier issues' hilarity and anarchy.
Naomi
I mean it's Tank Girl, you cant really go wrong. I think that I am going to start giving this out at every baby shower I go to (she gets pregnant in it)!
Erika
Thi$ i$ an appalling abomination. Why they cho$e to re$urrect thi$ fanta$tic character without her creator$ i$ anyone'$ gue$$.
Angela
Boring, loutish, unfocused. I know Tank Girl is famous, but why? Curious to read more, but didn't enjoy this.
Janitag
Entertaining, but I didn't like Andy Pritchett's, Philip Bond's or Phil Gascoine's art that much.
Jerman
TG gets knocked up! All your favorite characters also make an appearance.
Tim
Aug 21, 2011 Tim rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: comic
Irreverent, juvenile, crass, not well drawn. Not my bag.
Shanna
Love 'em! Will have to re-read them again!
City of Villages
An interesting spin on the Tank universe.
Michael
via NYPL - a fun, irreverent romp.
Testy McTesterson
Test test test test
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Ashleigh Sargee-Ashcraft
Ashleigh Sargee-Ashcraft marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Hartley
Hartley marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
  • Tank Girl: The Odyssey
  • Tank Girl 2 (Tank Girl, #2)
  • Tank Girl (Tank Girl, #1)
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #4)
  • FLCL, Volume 2 (FLCL, #2)
  • Johnny the Homicidal Maniac #6
  • Video Girl Ai, Vol.  01: Preproduction
  • Once Upon a Time (Nightmares & Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Pop Gun War Volume 1
  • Lenore: Wedgies (Issues 5-8)
  • The Maxx, Vol. 1
  • Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, Volume 1: Birds, Bees, Blood & Beer
  • Strange Embrace
Alan Grant is a Scottish comic book writer known for writing Judge Dredd in 2000 AD as well as various Batman titles during the late 1980s and early 1990s. He is also the creator of the character Anarky.

Alan Grant first entered the comics industry in 1967 when he became an editor for D.C. Thomson before moving to London from Dundee in 1970 to work for IPC on various romance magazines. After going
More about Alan Grant...

Tank Girl (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Tank Girl
  • Tank Girl The Collection
  • The Hole of Tank Girl
  • Tank Girl (Tank Girl, #1)
  • Tank Girl 2 (Tank Girl, #2)
  • Tank Girl 3 (Tank Girl, #3)
  • Tank Girl: Sunflower
  • Tank Girl: The Gifting
  • Tank Girl: The Odyssey
  • Tank Girl: Visions of Booga
Clive Barker's Night Breed: Genesis Batman/Judge Dredd: Judgment on Gotham Robin: A Hero Reborn Justice League of America/Batman: The Stone King Batman: No Mans Land