Start by marking “Tank Girl: Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
Tank Girl: Apocalypse

Tank Girl: Apocalypse (Tank Girl)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  809 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Tank Girl's pregnant! How will our manic heroine cope with motherhood? Is it Booga's? What will it look like? And what do the sinister members of the cult of the Blood God Baal have to do with it?
Published October 1st 2003 by Titan Books (first published April 29th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Tank Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tank Girl

Meryl
May 25, 2009 Meryl rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: comic book geeks and she-nerds
Shelves: read-and-loved
After watching the movie, I had to read the graphic novels, but unfortunate for me, even at age 16, I didn't know how bloody expensive graphic novels were! So I bought the only "Tank Girl" on the shelf at my local comic book store. $20. Are you serious? ..yes

Anyway, upon buying the book, I felt stupid for using my last 20-dollar bill on such a silly thing. My parents chided me and I felt dumber, but not totally regretful. I read the friggin' thing because I bought it. And you know what?
I lurved
Chibineko
Oct 28, 2010 Chibineko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're familiar with Tank Girl, you know that she's far from the motherly type- despite hints early in the series that she'd eventually get knocked up. A girl who wishes for the world's biggest can of lager & spends her time shooting things with her tank just doesn't really sound like a great role model for a baby. Too bad for her that destiny has other things in mind.

Booga knows something's wrong when TG refuses her morning brewski & when she isn't cheered up by blowing something up
Story
Sep 22, 2015 Story rated it it was ok
Is it wrong of me to deeply prefer the Hewlett penciled early issues? Pritchett lacked the little snide details I'd come to love and appreciate, and his characters were much less expressive, too simple. It brought home (for the billionth time) how deeply art and narrative rely on one another in comics. That was my main beef. Also, pregnancy squicks me out; seeing Grant's take on Tank Girl's was simultaneously terribly gross and utterly defanged.
Johnny Zombie-writer
Funny, offensive just what you want from a Tank Girl story. The end of the world is coming, mostly due to power hungry, religious fanatics who goes to war with basically everyone.
Does Tank Girl care, no she's off the booze, the sex and the drugs!!!

OH NO!!!

Is our anarchic, couldn't give a rats ass, heroine truly ill, losing her mind or is she up the duff with the coming messiah that could save the world.

It's a crazy and bumpy ride, grab a 6 pack and get ready for Tank Girl!!!
Ashish
Dec 26, 2013 Ashish rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Decent origin story for the 'roos. Somehow this was one of the more coherent story arcs (not that it's saying much) with much hilarity, carnage, protuberant eyes, sweaty grins, and gunfire added to the already potent mix of politics, the concept that each and every politician and world leader is not only evil, conniving, greedy and self-centered but also a disciple of the blood-god Baal and deliberately triggers Armagaeddon as an act of worship, asteroids, Godzilla, Hitler, Mars bases, and pregn ...more
Sarah Churchill
It's been a very long time since I last read any Tank Girl, but I do remember the whole thing being more insane and disordered than this volume. For that reason this is a good read for TG newbies (as long as you can just accept the fact that her boyfriend is a mutant kangaroo) because it reads with a linear narrative - TG getting pregnant and promptly giving birth during the apocalypse, together with a drugged up Richard & Judy paradoy. Love it.
Ruthi-san
Mar 04, 2013 Ruthi-san rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it as usual haha. Tank Girl is awesome. I didn't give a full 5stars however because I felt it wasn't quite tank girl as tank girl should be. Apocalypse was a lot more organised than what Tank Girl should be. that is also obviously due to having two completely new authors. however I still felt like I was in the story and it was admittedly somewhat refreshing to read a full continous story. I loved the idea of a tank baby and how at times tank girl herself becomes slightly softer in nature ...more
Christian
May 25, 2014 Christian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Technicolor ultra violence, adolescent anarchy, and 90s conspiracy theories. What else do you need from a comic?
Epikaa
Jun 08, 2015 Epikaa rated it it was amazing
Collection of tank girl stories because you can never have enough. One of my favourites.
Martine
Is this what Tank Girl is? I've heard so much and I was ...underwhelmed.
Rachel Searcey
May 15, 2012 Rachel Searcey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hah! Tank Girl is preggers in this one! I really enjoyed the art and coloring, but the inking wasn't as impressive as volumes 1-3. There are 2 stories, the first longer one that was initially 4 issues (covers are in the back), and a second shorter one off that's like a "Legend of Tank Girl" tall tale.

This volume and The Odyssey, over the others (1-3), are your best bet if you're a first timer to the world of Tank Girl, since they have actual story lines & plots. You get a better sense of th
Sam
I've got to be honest I was rather disappointed by this given the reputation it has for pushing boundaries and causing controversy. I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't something this crude and loutish, I knew it was graphic but there didn't seem any meaning, thought or depth beneath it, which for me was a bit of a disappointment. The illustrations are good and the story isn't bad but to be honest I'd give it a miss unless you're already a fan of the series.
Benjamin
Dec 05, 2015 Benjamin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Pritchett's artwork leaves much to be desired, coming across as sloppy if anything. Worth a read if you're a TG fan, and possibly if you're a newcomer to the series as Grant provides a rather simplistic and watered down narrative compared to earlier tales. Unfortunately this story pales in comparison to the earlier issues' hilarity and anarchy.
Naomi
Jan 18, 2008 Naomi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphinc-novles
I mean it's Tank Girl, you cant really go wrong. I think that I am going to start giving this out at every baby shower I go to (she gets pregnant in it)!
Erika
Jul 06, 2007 Erika rated it did not like it
Thi$ i$ an appalling abomination. Why they cho$e to re$urrect thi$ fanta$tic character without her creator$ i$ anyone'$ gue$$.
Angela
Oct 24, 2013 Angela rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Boring, loutish, unfocused. I know Tank Girl is famous, but why? Curious to read more, but didn't enjoy this.
Janitag
Feb 26, 2012 Janitag rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Entertaining, but I didn't like Andy Pritchett's, Philip Bond's or Phil Gascoine's art that much.
Jerman
Jul 14, 2012 Jerman rated it liked it
TG gets knocked up! All your favorite characters also make an appearance.
Tim
Aug 21, 2011 Tim rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic
Irreverent, juvenile, crass, not well drawn. Not my bag.
Shanna
Love 'em! Will have to re-read them again!
City of Villages
Oct 21, 2007 City of Villages rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
An interesting spin on the Tank universe.
Michael
Jun 07, 2013 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
via NYPL - a fun, irreverent romp.
Testy McTesterson
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Feb 04, 2016
Ridam Rahman
Ridam Rahman rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Manda
Manda rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
  • Tank Girl: The Odyssey
  • Tank Girl 2 (Tank Girl, #2)
  • Tank Girl
  • Adventure Time with Finn & Jake (Issue #4)
  • Johnny the Homicidal Maniac #6
  • GloomCookie, Volume 2 (GloomCookie, #2)
  • Video Girl Ai, Vol.  01: Preproduction
  • FLCL, Volume 2 (FLCL, #2)
  • It's So Magic
  • Graphic Novels: Everything You Need to Know
  • Lenore: Noogies
  • Zero Girl (Zero Girl, #1)
Alan Grant is a Scottish comic book writer known for writing Judge Dredd in 2000 AD as well as various Batman titles during the late 1980s and early 1990s. He is also the creator of the character Anarky.

Alan Grant first entered the comics industry in 1967 when he became an editor for D.C. Thomson before moving to London from Dundee in 1970 to work for IPC on various romance magazines. After going
More about Alan Grant...

Tank Girl (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Tank Girl
  • Tank Girl The Collection
  • The Hole of Tank Girl
  • Tank Girl (Tank Girl, #1)
  • Tank Girl 2 (Tank Girl, #2)
  • Tank Girl 3 (Tank Girl, #3)
  • Tank Girl: The Odyssey