Start by marking “Let's Go Europe 2003” as Want to Read:
Let's Go Europe 2003

Let's Go Europe 2003

Let's Go The Resource For The Independent Traveler
For over forty years Let's Go Travel Guides have brought budget savvy travelers closer to the world and its diverse cultures by providing the most up-to-date information.

- Entries at all price levels for lodging, food, attractions, and more
- Must-have tips for planning your trip, getting around, and staying safe
- The hottes
Published December 12th 2002 by Let's Go Publications (first published February 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Let's Go Europe 2003, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Go Europe 2003

Ashley Lauren
Apr 30, 2009 Ashley Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a MUST for anyone who is planning on travelling through Europe for an extended period of time. This was my only resource for when I studied abroad and it was truly all that I needed. It's a mighty book, that is for sure, but well worth its weight as it gives you crutial tips about EVERY European country - transportation info, where to stay, restaurants, sights, dayptrips - and more. This book is great to use when you are travelling in a fly by the seat of your pants style because it ...more
Jen
Feb 08, 2009 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Living in the UK, I didn't use this book as much as its Britain/Ireland version, but it was of much use when it was needed. The recommendations of things to do in Paris were excellent, and it taught me how to get around Amsterdam. This book is great for showing you unseen sides of famous cities. Who knew that Amsterdam had a houseboat museum, or that Paris had catacombs? It also gives excellent recommendations about places to eat, places to sleep, how to get around, and surprisingly, a lot of in ...more
Ashley
Feb 09, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very helpful book, it makes you aware of all the hostels and places to eat and places to go in almost every tourist destination in Europe. There are many different versions you can read as well, from different years and different parts of Europe, and they also write about other places to travel as well. The tone of the book was a bit of unfunny humor which I never enjoy, I suppose it can be more entertaining than just reading facts out of a large book such as this but "bitch slap rona ...more
Karli
Feb 27, 2009 Karli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This guide provides tons of helpful information for traveling Europe, especially on a budget. Hostel guides were at times useful, but I mostly had better luck using hostel world and hotels.com. Also, fairly comprehensive restaurant guide, making note of vegan/veg options, but as a vegan, I found happycow.net more useful. This guide is good for sights to see, ways to travel smart, transportation, monetary exchange, basic language phrases, and decent maps of select cities. One other downside: it's ...more
D
Sep 26, 2007 D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: student travelers
Back when I was budget-traveling my way across Europe, Let's Go was the definitive series among my student peers. We'd often rip out sections by country, tape them together, and stuff them in our well-worn backpacks, annotate our dog-eared copies, and compare notes post-travel. I can't imagine budget travel without Let's Go by my side.
Dennis
Oct 15, 2009 Dennis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I ended up bringing this with me to Europe. It worked out pretty good considering that limited time I had at each city we traveled to. I know this was a fairly generic introduction to cities/countries in Europe, but it did an excellent job highlighting major attractions and other ones that you would not think of seeing.
Katie
Jul 18, 2007 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people traveling to a bunch of different countries in Europe in a relatively short time
I had previously used the individual country guides for Greece and Germany and liked them better. This guide is good about guiding you to the best hostels and places to eat, but falls short when it comes to giving historical and cultural background about the places you visit. If you're planning to stay longer in any one place, it's probably better to invest in something more specific.
Elizabeth
Sep 13, 2007 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel, non-fiction
Another great student guidebook. While traveling across Europe, I used this book for all my recommendations on dining, shopping, nightlife, sightseeing, etc. I also picked most of my accommodations from here (from hostels to hotels), and I was never disappointed.
Nora
Dec 11, 2013 Nora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Used this guide for my summer trip through Europe the summer of 2001. My only regret is that after schlepping this large volume around for two months, I shelved it at the last hostel. I wish I had those notes in the margins to look back at now. :)
Jeannette
Jun 23, 2009 Jeannette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok so I didn't read the entire book but it's more like a guide for when you are traveling. And let me tell you that it was a lifesaver when I was broke, alone, and crying in phonebooth in Paris. Also, very helpful when trying to find hostels, hotels, sights, excursions, yadda yadda yadda
Ryan
Aug 03, 2007 Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, travel
Currently using this guide to find my way around Europe. It's got great information for backpacking and travelers on a budget - regardless of how poorly I budget!
c.c.
Feb 04, 2013 c.c. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, travel
still have my torn copy with pages of memories; backpacking, hostels, trains, planes, taxis, food, history, art, coins, architecture, accents, friends.
Tamara
Good for a general understanding of the "rules" of Europe, including currency, travel between countries, etc.
Daniela
Feb 21, 2010 Daniela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
not nearly enough info. for the price, far too big of a book to travel with you. flip through it at your local borders
Emma
Jan 28, 2016 Emma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure which year I read.. But I read the italy part. Some good details like about the banana gelato!!!
Dioscita
Jan 05, 2008 Dioscita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not have survived my European Extravaganza without this book ... in fact, I'd probably still be wandering, lost, muttering to myself someplace outside Munich ...
Robin Bucaria
Robin Bucaria rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Alberto Trevino
Alberto Trevino rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2007
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Rob Short
Rob Short rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Logan
Logan rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Craig Minoff
Craig Minoff rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Mrinmayi
Mrinmayi rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Shiv
Shiv rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2016
Jaylin
Jaylin rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2010
Kevin Krans
Kevin Krans rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2012
Brittany
Brittany rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2009
Gord
Gord rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2013
  • Where the Hell is Matt? The Story Behind the Internet Dancing Sensation
  • 101 Things to Do Before You Die
  • Blind Into Baghdad: America's War in Iraq
  • Interpreting the Symbols and Types
  • The Power of Nice: How to Negotiate So Everyone Wins-Especially You!
  • Patagonia Revisited