Gantz/02

Gantz/02 (Gantz #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  638 ratings  ·  18 reviews
"If this is hell, it deserves its reputation"

Having seen the junior onion alien killed, the large onion alien slaughters the yakuza and others one by one. The area becomes a sea of blood. Kei Kurono happens upon the scene too late and flees in fear, but the large onion alien follows. It looks as though there's no escape. But then Kato uses his body as a shield and ends up...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Dark Horse Manga (first published March 1st 2001)

Federiken Masters
Mar 09, 2010 Federiken Masters rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Varios
Recommended to Federiken by: Obligación laboral, placer personal
Me gustó mucho cómo se resuelve la primera misión. Crueldad y miseria humana expuestas sin mucho disimulo y con un despliegue visual hiperviolento y grotesco que se disfruta con algo de culpa. En la edición original se pasaron un par de errores pero estaba bastante bien igual.
MissAnnThrope
01 March 2013

Rating: * * * 1/2

Disgusting psychological mindfuckery. Me likey.

When the very first page starts off like this, how can you resist it?
(view spoiler)

Flesh and guts torn asunder! The chaos and WTF-is-going-on theme set by the first volume continues on in Gantz, Vol. 2. I have no bloody idea what the hell is going on, but that's what I love. The story isn't predictable and it keeps me constantly guessing.

I didn't like Kei Kurono at all in the first volume, but he sort o...more
Giovanna
Angel
This is turning into an interesting series. I think folks who like works like Battle Royale, maybe The Hunger Games and the series Lost, might like this as well. I think it may be more suited if you like Battle Royale because it means you probably can handle and/or like gore and sex with your manga, which I do. However, there is that element of dysfunction or mystery--people being pulled into some circumstance where they are forced to fight to survive-- that I think folks will find appealing. An...more
Nicolas
Avec ce deuxième tome vient le fameux retour à la normale, qui permet aux héros de voir que leur première aventure les a changé eux, même si le monde n'a pas changé autour d'eux ... Oui enfin, tout ça arrive après une méchante salade de phalange pour l'un des monstres ...
Et ce retour est assez improbable : le personnage qui est sur la couverture, Keï, se fait racketter, et se découvre une passion libidineuse pour sa compagne d'aventure. Elle, en revanche, subit des trucs un chouïa plus traumatis...more
dkanon
Very different from my usual read. I think its seems very interesting and keeps me wanting to read more to find out whats going on. I'm really not crazy about the art work especially the character art work none of the characters are appealing and the boobie girl & Kei look like they're siblings possibly twins its weird. The back grounds are kinda boring, but the violent scenes are done very well and I also like the suits, gunz, and Gantz.
Ross Hendry
It's been a while since I read any manga, and I suspect that ongoing series like this are now in my past. While the second volume (or second half of the story started in the first) is okay, I'd forgotten just how many pages manga can waste on running and guttural noises.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for people who read this over the months this must have originally taken to appear in its original form when, by comparison, this much setup would have been covered in six issues of something like...more
Vojtěch
Super, super a ještě jednou super. Rozhodně lepší než jednička. Nabité akcí od začátku až do konce. Hmmm... to byla slast!
Irwan
Too sparse....and detached.
Nick
Aight. Peaked way too early. Mostly just communicating details of how the universe works which I already knew because its my second read. Possibly an unfair score on that count.
M-AY
Un tome 1 minable, un deuxième bien meilleur, du fan service un peu poussif et pourtant un excellent manga. L'individualisme et l'égoïsme humain à son paroxysme...
A continuation of the bloody gore of the previous volume. Gets an extra star for its expanding of the rules of Gantz as well as some necessary character development.
Koen Claeys
At this point in the series, it seems to be a mix of the manga 'Battle Royale' & the television series 'Lost'. I'm really eager to read what happens next...
Morbus Iff
Mildly interesting, but a fl?ight seen taking up nearly the entire book? More substance, please.
Crystal
Interesting, but I'm getting sick of the useless naked girl running around.
Nomad nimrod
Bit better than the first volume.
Patrick
The fight with the big onion is a drag.
Shailla
Shailla marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
  • Claymore, Vol. 12: The Souls of the Fallen (Claymore, #12)
  • Berserk, Vol. 07
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 11 (Battle Royale, #11)
  • Liar Game, Volume 3 (Liar Game, #3)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 13 (Battle Royale, #13)
  • Naoki Urasawa Präsentiert: Monster, Band 17: Bin wieder da (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #17)
Hiroya Oku (奥 浩哉 Oku Hiroya, born September 16, 1967 in Fukuoka, Fukuoka) is a mangaka who is the creator of Gantz, Zero-One and HEN, all of which have been serialized in Young Jump. He is currently working on Phase 3 of Gantz, due to be released in October 2009. His manga often contain explicit violence and gore, as well as sexual situations.

He won the second prize of the Youth Manga Awards in 19...more