Start by marking “Jingle-Jingle” as Want to Read:
Jingle-Jingle

Jingle-Jingle (Mr. Horse)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  152 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
The beloved characters from Clip-Clop are back, and what a ride they’re taking this time! Mr. Horse has invited all the barnyard animals into his sleigh, and Cat, Dog, Pig, and Duck couldn’t be more excited. Soon, they’re holding on tight and dashing through the snow with bells jingle-jingling all the way. Over the fields they fly—but when they reach the hill, everyone wan ...more
Published October 7th 2008 by Boxer Books

To ask other readers questions about Jingle-Jingle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jingle-Jingle

Jessica
Dec 20, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Have I already admitted my bias when it comes to picture books? So here's the thing. I'm an adult who reads children's books, including picture books. A lot of them, in fact. I believe we have established that. But that doesn't mean that I enjoy them in the same manner that a child would. I have my favorites when it comes to picture books. I tend to like things that are funny (anything by Mo Willems) or have gorgeous art (David Wiesner) or do something unique (Steve Jenkins. What I don't like ar ...more
Bmack
This is a winter version of the author's previous book, "Clip Clop". Cat, Dog, Pig and Duck all want to ride in Mr. Horse's sleigh. Of course, they encourage Mr. Horse to go faster until they land in a snow pile and ask to do it all over again. There is no mention of Christmas but the animals are wearing Santa hats and there are bells on the horse. Adorable winter story. Good for Phonological Awareness as there are many sound words like "jingle-jingle, swoosh-swoosh".
Ina
Dec 18, 2013 Ina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-reads
This is a Christmas version of "Clip Clop" and so there is snow and Santa Hats and a sleigh. Cat, Dog, Pig, and Duck are back and Mr. Horse gives them a ride in his sleigh. There are great sound words in the simple text and the illustrations are big and bright. Everything is going well until they all decide to slide down a large hill and Mr. Horse joins the others in the sleigh…with a loud "Wheeeee!" everyone ends up in the snow, "Jingle-plop!" My story time audience loved this one! There are al ...more
Jess
This is a fun book to read during winter storytimes. My pre-school storytime group absolutely loved this story when I paired it with tambourine playing. Any time the text read "jingle-jingle" I would jingle my tambourine. A huge hit!
June
Feb 15, 2014 June rated it liked it
Recommends it for: young winter requests
Shelves: picture-book, winter
A horse invites some other animals for a sleigh ride and they discover the joy of sledding. Nice sounds. Probably more of 3 and a half. Went over well at Saturday reading time. Would work well with Jingle Bells song and bells/shakers.
Tiffany
Dec 24, 2015 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books
Very cute board book to read for the winter holidays. The animals all fall off the sled but get back on again. Could be accompanied with bells. Delightful.
Dec 19, 2010 Jess rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Toddlers & Preschool & Perhaps Kindergarten
The animals are back for a winter sleigh ride and this time, Horse gets to ride, too!

I liked this one ever more than the first, although they're both strong choices that will appeal to toddlers, preschoolers, and probably kindergartners. Jingle-Jingle follows a similar pattern as Clip-Clop and no worries, things work out just fine.

It isn't a Christmas book so much as it's a winter book. The Santa hats are the only holiday bit, so this'll work for January or places where you can't mention holiday
M. Walker
Jan 14, 2016 M. Walker added it
Shelves: dist
A Clip-Clop sequel, winter setting but not a Chrsitmas book. Went down very well with young storytime
Lynn
Jan 07, 2015 Lynn rated it liked it
Winter version of Clip Clop. Doesn't flow quite as well as original, but I think the kids will like it.
Tracy Morton
Dec 10, 2015 Tracy Morton rated it really liked it
Really cute! Funny!
Roben
Dec 09, 2015 Roben rated it really liked it
Fun read-aloud for preK & K!
Michelle
Mar 27, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Everyone loves sledding!
Vivian
Feb 11, 2014 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Be prepared to "read it again" and again and again. This is not an addition to holiday fare but it does fit the season. Be sure to hand around some jingle bells after sharing this with your crowd of pre-schoolers or early-graders and enjoy some lively rounds of singing the refrain to the familiar "Jingle Bells" to extend the fun.
Dec 14, 2013 Sarah rated it it was ok
Clip Clop is one of my favorite storytime books ever, but Jingle Jingle just isn't as great. It might've gone over at a regular storytime, with my kids who were used to making noise along with the story. As part of a special event though with 40-some kids, it was pretty much just chaos.
Katie
Oct 04, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
Finally! A follow-up to J's favorite book ever, _Clip Clop_! Although the story is basically the same this time around, we still love it. This time Cat and Dog and Pig and Duck go on a sleigh ride with Mr. Horse, jingle jingle wheee! This would make a nice holiday gift book.
Angie
Oct 02, 2008 Angie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: julie, marisa
Yay! I loved Nicola Smee's other book Clip-Clop. This one is great too!! Use jingle bells with this one for sure and then pair it with the song "ride a cockhorse" from the Toddlers on Parade CD. The horse is my favorite character in this one.
Camille
Jul 18, 2012 Camille rated it did not like it
I can see its value for younger audiences, but I just don't like it myself and wouldn't be able to show enthusiasm if I read this for a storytime. The only part that I think is redeeming is the repetition of jingle-jingle and other action sounds.
Amy Brown
Oct 08, 2008 Amy Brown rated it it was amazing
Great book for winter. It doesn't really mention Christmas. It's just the same farm animals that were in Clip Clop going on a sleigh ride. Would be fun to use sleigh bells or shakers with.
Edna
Dec 08, 2010 Edna rated it really liked it
What a fun read aloud book to young children! Mr Horse offers to give cat, dog, pig and duck a snow ride in his sleigh, but what happens when Mr Horse gets in the sleigh, too?
Melissa
Sep 21, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I didn't like this one quite as much as Clip-Clop, but that may change when I use it for Preschool Story-time. I think I may have to bust out the jingle bells for this one!
Beverly
Dec 19, 2013 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
The large, cartooney illutrations make this book a good one for group sharing. The humorous story is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
Sara Jones
Read this at baby and toddler storytime with jingle bells and crunchy paper for sound effects (and lots of animal noises)... a hit.
Amanda
Nov 01, 2008 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime, holiday
Just like Clip-Clop and just as cute! This will be so much fun for the little ones in storytime for the holidays.
Chris C
May 17, 2010 Chris C rated it really liked it
This is a good read aloud before Christmas. I combine it with singing Jingle Bells and give the kids bells to shake.
Tina
Dec 10, 2009 Tina rated it liked it
"winter, sledding, animals, farm, possible storytime, allusions to Christmas song jingle bells"
Elizabeth
Not actually a Christmas book, so I could use this for snow/winter-themed story times.
Tricia
Jan 10, 2009 Tricia rated it really liked it
potentially great readaloud with lots of great sounds, bright pictures and rhythm.
Bianca Rae
Jan 12, 2011 Bianca Rae rated it really liked it
I love this book, I always worry about the animal's scarves falling off though.
Kate Hastings
Jan 30, 2009 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: preschool toddlers music and movement
Perfect for a Holiday/Winter themed music-and-movement storytime.
Jess
Fun simple read aloud. Perfect for my little one.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Say Hello Like This!
  • Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • The Little Rabbit Who Liked to Say Moo
  • One Mitten
  • A Kitten Tale
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit: A Book of Changing Seasons
  • Wiggle
  • Santa Duck
  • Hello, Day!
  • Ten Tiny Babies
  • Under My Hood I Have a Hat
  • Creature ABC
  • The Farmer's Away! Baa! Neigh!
  • Sleep, Big Bear, Sleep!

Mr. Horse (3 books)