Start by marking “Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)” as Want to Read:
Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)

Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville #6)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  10,443 Ratings  ·  329 Reviews
Sometimes what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas.

Kitty and Ben fled where What Happens in Vegas / Stays in Vegas, thinking they were finished with the dangers there, but the sadistic cult of lycanthropes and their vampire priestess have laid a curse on Kitty in revenge for her disrupting their rituals. Starting at the next full moon, danger and destruction in the form
Mass Market Paperback, 311 pages
Published March 1st 2009 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kitty Raises Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitty Raises Hell

City of Bones by Cassandra ClareMoon Called by Patricia BriggsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingVampire Academy by Richelle MeadMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
The Best Urban Fantasy
3,285 books — 10,639 voters
Moon Called by Patricia BriggsShiver by Maggie StiefvaterCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsBitten by Kelley ArmstrongBlood Bound by Patricia Briggs
Werewolf Books
657 books — 845 voters

More lists with this book...

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Mar 18, 2016 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
It took six tries, but I knew that Carrie Vaughn had it in her. Finally, a 5-star listen! KITTY RAISES HELL was the culmination of nearly half a series worth of world-building, character development, and story progression. It took Norville longer than most Urban Fantasy heroines to prove her value, but I’m glad that I stuck it out, and look forward to seeing where the author and Marguerite Gavin go from here.

As I’ve mentioned in some of my previous reviews, there have been very few constants in
Jess
Dec 23, 2008 Jess rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, 2009
I don't know what to say. I'm just losing interest in this series. The last book was terrible, this one at least had more focus and a clear plot line. But I don't know... it doesn't grab me as the first few books did. I read it, but I find my mind wandering at parts and I had to re focus myself.

Kitty has definitely become a different character imo, in this one she's running around and trying to solve everything on her own. and she's not really listening to Rick who's trying to help her.

Plus this
AH

I have a few series that are my “go-to” series. A book challenge? Read a Kitty book. A quick read between huge tomes (*cough* Game of Thrones *cough*)? Read a Kitty book. It’s a series that doesn’t really require a lot of energy for me to read and I know I’ll enjoy each book.

*Warning – if you have not read up to this book, there will be a mild relationship spoiler further down*

The reality show Paradox PI is in town. Kitty is drooling with anticipation trying to figure out how to get those guys
Chris
Jul 15, 2009 Chris rated it liked it
This book directly follows Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand, and is better than its prequel. Back in Denver, Kitty and Ben must deal with pack power dynamics, the demon (or is it ?) as well as vampire politics.

This book is closer to the earlier Kitty books in tone as well continues the dog versus cat theme from Dead Man's Hand. It still lacks in some areas. It does seem like sometimes Kitty keeps running headlong into trouble without pausing to think.

That said, however, there is much to like in th
Natasha
Jul 07, 2009 Natasha rated it it was amazing
Kitty Raises Hell is the sixth book in the Kitty Norville urban fantasy series. Kitty Raises Hell takes up immediately after the events of the previous book. Kitty Raises Hell introduces us to Gary, Jules and Tina, the producers of a paranormal reality show shooting an episode in Denver. While working on a project with Kitty the group is attacked. Odysseus Grant, the mysterious magician from Las Vegas in the previous book also lends his assistance in this book. Kitty’s past shows up in this book ...more
Beth Cato
Jan 19, 2017 Beth Cato rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban, fantasy, 2017
Slowly working my way through this series. I should do so faster, because I'm enjoying every book even though I'm not really a fan of werewolves and vampires. Vaughn's writing is engaging and she does a wonderful job of building up layers with each book. This volume brings in some paranormal investigators who turn out to be surprisingly legit--and some nasty new villains that keep the suspense high.
Dima
Jun 15, 2017 Dima rated it it was ok
For some reason, this book was super boring for me and didn't hold my interest for long. I guess it's time to take a break from this series or stop reading it altogether.
Berls (Fantasy is More Fun)
This review appeared first at Fantasy is More Fun.

Another home run! I just couldn't put Kitty Raises Hell down! I see a complicated mess building in the background that I assume will be the major big bad to be defeated before the series comes to an end. It's been slowing building and I'm excited to see it so fully now!

In Kitty Raises Hell, Kitty's brought her Vegas troubles home with her and SOMETHING is harassing her and her pack. Things get pretty intense as Kitty tries to protect her pact fro
Karissa
Dec 30, 2010 Karissa rated it really liked it
This is book 6 in the Kitty Norville series. I thought this book was better than the last book and a great addition to the series.

In this book Kitty returns to Denver to try and live a normal life with her new husband Ben. Well, of course things don't stay normal. Kitty's pack is being hunted by a horrible, invisible, fire-loving supernatural creature of some sort and Kitty thinks it might be tied to the events that happened in Las Vegas in Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, Book 5).
Levi Amichai
May 16, 2013 Levi Amichai rated it liked it
DAMMIT, I just lost everything I typed. *mopes*

I just read six of these in a row, and I think I'm done for now. I'll spare you separate reviews of all of them.

One of Vaughn's more... unique... writing traits is a tendency to wrap up major plotlines halfway or 75% of the way through the book. No way was that the end, you think, they only thought they defeated the baddie, and it's going to come roaring back when we least expect it. But no. The third book was a particularly strong example: you disc
Julie (jjmachshev)
Feb 24, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
Well Kitty is really up against the wall with this one. If you aren't familiar with this series here's a quick synopsis. Kitty is a radio DJ who is a werewolf--and yes she's heard all the 'werewolf named Kitty' jokes. Anyway, the series follows her life and trials from the time she's bitten until she becomes (unwillingly) the most famous werewolf in the U.S. (read Kitty goes to Washington). Each books reveals a little more about one of the continuing characters and Kitty's growing circle of frie ...more
☣Lynn☣
So glad that this series isn't going downhill for me, yet. The previous was boring and this one started off that way too, but man that fucking ending was perfect.

Sucks I only have the next two books to go before I have to put down this series. Why are these books so fucking hard to find?! The only place (besides Amazon) that I have been able to find them is fucking Ebay. I checked Barnes and Noble. Nope. None of the stores in WI have any of the books. Checked Half Price Books. Same damn thing.
Anna
Feb 17, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I think the Kitty series seems to be getting better though I still haven't forgiven Vaughn for putting Cormac in jail! This is part of a extended story arc with 'Dead Man's Hand' which enables Vaughn to develop idas and characters in more detail than usual which is good. Having said that it is possible to read this as a standalone. I am beginning to wish that Ben was more active in the novels...
Cathy
It was good, lots of drama, new characters to spice things up and add some stability to the action, a new level of "magic" to be investigated and the continuation of the strong relationship between Kitty and Ben.
Kathy Davie
Oct 24, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, urban
Sixth in the Kitty Norville urban fantasy series about an alpha wolf/radio show host and the scrapes she falls into.

My Take
This one is just vicious with a great deal of tension and really tests Kitty's alliance with Rick. We do learn a bit more about Rick's history.

It's a combination of terror and Ouija boards. With everyone...and I do mean everyone learning more than they ever expected about each other, themselves, and those around them.

The Kitty Norville series has a very urban flavor to this
Tara Day
May 07, 2015 Tara Day rated it really liked it
Fire, brimstone, and bad mojo anywhere she turns. Kitty’s in for a wild ride as she faces an enemy that strikes from the shadows and hunts both her and her pack.

If Kitty thought she had wicked enemies before, she’s in for a big surprise. This time, it’s not just humans thinking they know better that are targeting her. This is a REAL curse – one that puts her life in danger and her pack’s. In an ultimate showdown that features introductions to new and important characters, old returning ones, and
Genie
Mar 30, 2010 Genie rated it really liked it
“Kitty Raises Hell” picks up where “Kitty and the Dead Man’s Hand” left off. Kitty and Ben returned from Las Vegas thinking they had left the worst of the problems encountered behind. Breathing a sigh of relief and thinking they returned to Denver safe and sound, they soon discover their Vegas troubles followed them home. The feline lycanthropes involved in the death cult are out for revenge. They plan to make Kitty pay by taking out members of her pack one by one and, eventually, Kitty herself. ...more
mlady_rebecca
The kitty cat cult from book #5 wasn't prepared to let what happened in Vegas stay in Vegas. Some strange force/being/demon follows Kitty and Ben home and starts attacking those near and dear to them.

In the meantime, a local "ghost hunters" style paranormal investigation show is in town and Kitty is trying to get them to appear on her show. Turns out they are more science than science fiction, and potential allies.

At this point in the series the hinted at "Long Game" of the vampires seems to be
Vickie
Jan 30, 2017 Vickie rated it it was amazing
Kitty never seems to get a break. She had her wedding in Vegas and big trouble followed her home to Denver. She meets up with paranormal investigators who are in town for their reality show. Kitty wants to interview them for her show and they want to have her join them on a Denver investigation. Then the fires start burning buildings and people. Otherworldly fire.
And a new vampire is in town and seems to want to help, but Kitty doesn't know who to trust. She forges ahead. She has to, she's the
Jorran
Jan 19, 2015 Jorran rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Quick Summary
Kitty thought that after leaving Las Vegas, she and hubby Ben was finished with the Tiamet Cult but little did she know that the vampire priestess has sent an entity after her and her pack of werewolves in revenge.

Enlisting the help of a group of paranormal investigators from a popular tv show along, with Rick, the Master Vampire of Denver and Odysseus Grant, the Vegas Magician, Kitty sets out to find out what the entity is and how to get rid of it.

Throw in the convenient appearance
julia
Nov 26, 2008 julia rated it really liked it
I liked this book. When I mentioned how close this one came out to the previous one, someone said that maybe the editor made her chop it in two. I can see that--this reads like the second part of what happened in "Dead Man's Hand". The author still does a good job of reminding you what happened before and who is where and why, but it makes more sense if you've read "Dead Man's Hand" first. Series like this should be read in order anyway.

I found it yet another fun romp through the supernatural wo
Georgiann Hennelly
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Kitty and Dan returned to their werewolf pack in Denveronly to discover an invisible evil has followed them home.It smells of brimstone and plays with fire. It is stalking the whole pack leaving a charred trail of ashes and death across the city. Kitty seeks help from the master vampire of Denver Rick as well as from some paranormal investigators who do a popular reality show. But when a mysterious vampire shows up claiming to be a demon hunter. Can they tru ...more
Sandi
May 20, 2010 Sandi rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2010
The series is going in interesting directions. Kitty is really growing as a character and Ben's going through some changes himself. I love Vaughn's use of pop culture, such as Ghost Hunters in this novel. This series is strictly brain candy, but it's well-written brain candy that can be consumed in a couple of evenings.
Matt
Jul 01, 2013 Matt rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, urban-fantasy
I still really like Kitty as a character, but as she has become less the lone wolf and more the centre of a network of supernatural allies the series has lost some of its unique appeal. A fun "light" read.
Jensownzoo
I think the series lost a bit of fire when Cormac was put behind bars. It was a worthwhile read, but nothing special unlike the first few of the series which were really fun. I think it is because it seems like all the conflict is external now and the characters aren't growing.
Chris
Mar 20, 2009 Chris rated it really liked it
Another fun read in the adventures of Kitty Norville. One thing I can say is that Carrie goes with a different story each time. I'm not seeing a lot of repetition here. She's consistently on her A game, though.
Jim
Another fun candy book. It was pretty well done & wraps up a lot that was left hanging from the last book. Not much more to say than that. If you've been reading the series, this is another good addition to it.
Shannon
The amount of trouble that finds Kitty is astounding.
Suz
Jan 29, 2016 Suz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, audio
3+ stars

Perhaps not the strongest in the series but a worthy entry never the less.
Michele Lacroix
Dec 11, 2011 Michele Lacroix rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, ebook
Kitty can never stay out of trouble. this time a genie is sent to destroy her and in true Kitty fashion she protects those close to her.
Madison Mega-Mara...: Kitty Raises Hell 1 2 Jan 21, 2012 09:40AM
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • Hallowed Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #2)
  • Daemon's Mark (Nocturne City, #5)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Walking Dead (Walker Papers, #4)
  • Redemption Alley (Jill Kismet, #3)
  • Retribution (Anna Strong Chronicles, #5)
  • Speak of the Devil (Morgan Kingsley, #4)
  • Prey (Shifters, #4)
  • Vanished (Greywalker, #4)
  • City of Souls (Signs of the Zodiac, #4)
  • Leader of the Pack (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #3)
  • Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4)
  • Dawnbreaker (Dark Days, #3)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian #6)
Carrie Vaughn is best known for her New York Times bestselling series of novels about a werewolf named Kitty who hosts a talk radio show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. The fourteenth installment, Kitty Saves the World, was released in 2015. Her forthcoming novels include a near-Earth space opera, Martians Abroad, from Tor Books, and a post-apocalyptic murder mystery, Bannerless, from John J ...more
More about Carrie Vaughn...

Kitty Norville (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1)
  • Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)
  • Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5)
  • Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7)
  • Kitty Goes to War (Kitty Norville, #8)
  • Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9)
  • Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville, #10)
  • Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)

“Damn stupid vampires and their stupid sense of stupid superiority-” 18 likes
“Now, what does a vampire do with a computer? Keep track of investments? Send e-mail to other vampires as you all plot to take over the world?” “I spend a lot of time on Wikipedia making corrections to the entries of historical figures I’ve known.” I blinked at him. “Really?” “No, Kitty. That was a joke.” 15 likes