Start by marking “A Touch of Fae (Witches Knot, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Touch of Fae (Witches Knot, #2)

A Touch of Fae (Witches Knot #2)

Em Charvez has grown up in the shadow of the strong willed and colorful Charvez women and she feels a bit invisible. While on the hunt for a book of magic that could well destroy the Compact that gives them their power, she meets Conchobar MacNessa, a ten-thousand-year-old Faerie warrior, and suddenly she’s not quite so invisible. Things heat up between Con and Em as the b ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Ellora's Cave (first published August 2005)

To ask other readers questions about A Touch of Fae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Touch of Fae

AerinLuvs
3.5 stars!

Em/Emily is a witch, and she descends from a very powerful family of witches who maintain the Compact agreement between the spirit world and humans. She is human with a very strong empath ability. She is much more reserved than her sister Amelia, who was a MC in the previous book, Triad. She has to be in order to stay sane with all the background noise of everyone's feelings and thoughts around her.

She is a bit of a scholar, and she has had visions of a special book with symbols, and
Keyt Weyner
May 24, 2017 Keyt Weyner rated it really liked it
I liked it, especially the part with the other dimension
Joy
This one started slow but progressed really fast. Em's character seems familiar with other heroines I've read about, the one misconstrued as the shy one, always outshone by her sister, but there's no hatred, just plain weariness on her part.

What she did was understandable, get away from it all and focus on her research. I began to like her character a lot because I saw how passionate she is about books, and I liked it how she slept with Con without expecting anything from him, just to try being
Jan 02, 2017 Sarah rated it it was amazing
hello let me tell you the emergency kit rules for these books the kit includes tissues, ice cream, a stress ball and sometimes on rare occasions pillow to scream in. in this book you'll need the tissue ice cream and stress ball i did not need the pillow.

you start with em she's an empathy and a strong one she's a 25 year old virgin who cant seem to find someone she's willing to give her virginity too for too many years she's been dreaming about this sexy man who does sexy things to her if you cou
Heather in FL
I read this to fulfill a challenge requirement. I didn't read the first book, but I don't really feel like I missed much (except maybe some m/m/f loving, lol). This was an interesting story, and while I don't mind sex in my stories (duh), it was kind of overkill. It's sweet that Con was Em's Faerie stalker for a few months before they actually met. Then again, she'd been dreaming about him for years, so it was fate. And normally, I don't have a problem with insta-love in PNR, but it seemed too q ...more
Crazy4more
Apr 03, 2011 Crazy4more rated it really liked it
4 stars

I enjoyed this naughty-racy-raw-erotic-fantasy read thoroughly. The conflict was not as dire as the previous book but exciting just the same. I felt so pampered, precious and cherished through Em's POV and Con's action. Being a Chavez, Em needed to make sure the Compact, handed by goddess Freya to protect human, never to be broken. Accidently crossed over a Fae's magic book, Em drew the Fae Queen to her attention. Con, ten thousand yr old Fae warrior, Queen's Favored and alpha male in eve
gremlin
Jul 16, 2012 gremlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this, but it didn't as much of a story as the first book. The night they officially meet and *bam* they're together, so not a whole lot of romance. The action part was pretty tame and wrapped up pretty quickly. Definitely more erotica than romance.

We meet Simone, the lead from the next book, very briefly. I am happy to see Jayce, Con's best friend, will be turning up again in Threat of Darkness, as I wanted to hear more about him.
Monica
May 27, 2009 Monica rated it really liked it
Another good book by Dane. This is the second book of "Witches Knot" and it was every bit good as the first. (Actually thought it was better) Great story line, and thought the romantic erotic scenes were better then the first.

The story continues with Em, who is an empathy searching for a book that can brake her families witch magic. While searching, she falls for someone that needs the book too....

Looking forward to the 3rd book!
Angel Ruess
I found Em to be a bit annoying most of the time, with all of her insecurities.

I liked Lee in the first book in this series, but not so much in this one. She and the rest of her family did treat Em like an invalid, and it was just sad to watch. But what was worse was how Em defended them for doing it.

Mollie *scoutrmom*
Oct 05, 2012 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: nobody
Even for an erotic romance, this had too much sex and too little story. It was a great plot with great characters but the sex scenes interrupted the flow of the story.

Lauren Dane's later work is much better. So is the first book in this series, Triad.
iliana G
Jan 05, 2014 iliana G rated it liked it
It was funny and a bit fristrating as a book...

em when she was not whining she was trying to find herself...and then she was losing herself and then re finding it.

on the other hand Con is...between wanting to kill him and wanting to sex him up...he's a funny guy.
Beckey
I have enjoyed the first book and this one doesn't disappoint... The author does create a great PRN "new world" of magic and... Great balance between a storyline, new world and characters oh goodness, and the heat...

Very imaginative and creative... great one to read.

4 stars
Chris
Jan 23, 2014 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
A good afternoon read but things just seemed to happen and conclude way too fast without any opportunity to build tension into the story ... I don't expect an epic but this was just a little to easy for me
Jim
Oct 14, 2013 Jim rated it liked it
A little slow, but I'm enjoying the series. It's a pleasure to read Ms. Dane's work.
Sarah Shaw
Jul 05, 2013 Sarah Shaw rated it really liked it
This book was much better than the first book Triad! Still only gets 4 stars though. Hopefully the third book will be just as good as A Touch of Fae if not better.
Ladyacct
Mar 24, 2011 Ladyacct rated it liked it
Good continuation of the first, however the mystery/danger could have been brought more to the forefront instead of waayyyy in the background.
Oct 13, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
Great story. I liked it a lot. On to the next one:)
Candace
Nov 03, 2011 Candace rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-on-kindle
Great 2nd book in the series. Definitely made me want to buy book 3.
Melissa
Jul 08, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal

My review is posted at the Just A Reader book review blog.

✼Danielle✼
Con and Em

Read 18th March 2013
Trinity
This is a great Book love her work!
Hillery Earl
Feb 22, 2016 Hillery Earl rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Once again, a stroke of genius was born from the wonderful Lauren Dane!
Joy
May 10, 2011 Joy rated it really liked it
Book 3 in the Witches Knot series ... finally on to book 4!! ;D
April
A wonderful hot and steamy read!! I really dig this series!! Good stories with intriguing plots. And oh the steam factor is high!!
Janie
Janie rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2012
Irene
Irene rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Jennifer rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Kara Commins
Kara Commins rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Kimberly Jones-allensworth
Kimberly Jones-allensworth rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
  • Sweeter Than Wine (Lords of the Were Universe, #6; Brotherhood of Blood, #4)
  • Tangled Innocence (Dante's Circle, #4)
  • Calista's Men (Crime Tells, #3)
  • Wicked Wishes
  • Deadly Crimson (Spark of Magic, #3)
  • Bound by Desire (Wonderland, #3)
  • Three Times Lucky: Five Sizzling Tales of Three-Way Love
  • Taming Heather (Cariboo Lunewulf, #1)
  • Master of Desire (Brides of Caralon, #2)
  • Hale (Circe's Recruits, #4)
  • Bare Seduction (Bare Love, #3)
  • Blood of the Rose (The Embraced, #1)
  • Good Girl Seeks Bad Rider
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,
More about Lauren Dane...

Witches Knot (6 books)
  • Triad (Witches Knot, #1)
  • Vengeance Due (Witches Knot, #3)
  • Thrice United (Witches Knot, #4)
  • Celebration For the Dead (Witches Knot, #5)
  • Threat of Darkness (Witches Knot, #6)