Start by marking “Corsair (Forgotten Realms: Blades of the Moonsea, #2)” as Want to Read:
Corsair (Forgotten Realms: Blades of the Moonsea, #2)

Corsair (Forgotten Realms: Blades of the Moonsea #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  441 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A New Era of Forgotten Realms(R) Adventure!

When pirates threaten his home, Geran is elected by the city council to track the blood-thirsty pirates to their hidden base, infiltrate them, and find a way to stop them before it's too late. But the pirates are motivated by more than greed. Kin to his enemies, they seek a deeper revenge, one Geran only begins to glimpse when the
Published March 3rd 2009 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Corsair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corsair

Travis
Corsair by Richard Baker- This is the second book in the Blades of the Moonsea trilogy. The first being Swordmage and the last book is called Avenger, which is due out in March of 2010. This trilogy is set in the Forgotten Realm universe. Richard Baker has written numerous novels for the Forgotten Realms and others. Some of his notable works in the Realms include; The Last Mythal trilogy (Forsaken House, Farthest Reach, and Final Gate), The Shadow Stone (part of The Adventures series), Easy Betr ...more
Josh O
I just finished the book Corsair by Richard Baker. This book is a sequel to the book Swordmage, and starts off a couple of months after the first book’s ending. Hulburg is still recovering from the orcs and undead that recently attacked it, and Gerans cousin, Sergen, has fled. Pirate attacks along the coast have been getting worse and worse, and are only attacking ships to and from Hulburg. Geran is on his way home from another city, when he finds two pirate ships on the shore with a captive. H ...more
Michael Tharp
What happens when your past comes back to haunt you? When that past takes the form of a vengeful, powerful wizard it can only spell disaster, for Geran Humaster and the City of Hulburg.

Pirates are disrupting the trade routes of the Moonsea, and the Merchant council is putting pressure on the Harmarch (city ruler, mayor,) to do something about it. The Harmarch allows Geran, his nephew, to out fit a ship and chase after them.

The Pirates are just a distraction, however to get Geran, the swordmage,
Graham
This was the second book in a series I started several years ago. It took me a little bit to remember all the characters, and the plot to this point, but the book allows you to easily pick it up. The plot was pretty good. It starts out a little slow, and slowly picks up steam. The last portion of the book is the very best I thought. Its set out at sea, and seems like a very mundane story as the characters are just sailing along as usual. Like I said, it does slowly pick up momentum and really do ...more
Robert Carlberg
Great 2nd book of the series. Was pretty cool to see Spelljammer of a sort come back into the books. The main characters of Geran and his halfling partner Hamil make a great pair of heroes. Sarth is also back, and the teifling brings with him wizard spells. Now if you haven't read the first book, I recommend to go read Swordmage first. The author brings back an old foe of Geran's, but with his appearance in the very beginning of the first book it really isn't a surprise. With the ending I can't ...more
Geir
For the trilogy: 3 books of good oldfashioned swords'n'sorcery. I was in the mood for some easy reading and this scratched the itch. These won't strain your brain, but have some good action with magic and battles and such. The plots are somewhat predictable, but the author manages to keep it interesting. A decent read if you're in that mood, but will not read again.
Shawn
I enjoyed this book. I thought it was well written for a Wizards of the Coast book. Because I am a fan of the world it was interesting for me to see a little more of it come alive, and I thought the seafaring information was interesting, although I am not an expert on the subject, so who knows how correct it is...
Rodel Cuenca
I read this because I read the first book in the series and I have a difficult time not finishing a series once I've started (even if the series is mad boring). Eventually, I will have to read the third book in the series. . .
Dan
It was a step up from the first book, which gives me hope for the next, but still very one dimensional. It wasn't as predictable as the first, so I will check out the third book. Fingers crossed
Phil
Prolly worth 3.5 stars, but just not quite good enough. Better than the first, a little less predictable. But still missing that intangible to make it memorable.
Christopher Taylor
Good sword and sorcery read. Book 2 in the series. As one of the other commenters wrote it scratched the itch, once the sailing starts the adventure truly grabs you.
Jevhad
Good story, in particular the way he incorporated Spelljammer ideas and how he truly gets one to hate the antagonists. A good second part for the trilogy.
Anthony
More fluffy tripe. Again, not bad, for what it is...
David Tanner
Better than the first book in the series.
Philipp
Philipp marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Branden
Branden marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Sasha
Sasha marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Benjamin Brown
Benjamin Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
  • Obsidian Ridge (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #2)
  • Crypt of the Moaning Diamond (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #4)
  • Sentinelspire (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #4)
  • The Howling Delve (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #2)
  • Lies of Light (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse, #2)
  • Unholy (Forgotten Realms: The Haunted Lands, #3)
  • City of Torment (Forgotten Realms: Abolethic Sovereignty, #2)
  • The Shield of Weeping Ghosts (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #3)
  • Depths of Madness (Forgotten Realms: The Dungeons, #1)
  • Ascendancy of the Last (Lady Penitent #3)
  • The Ruby Guardian (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #2)
  • Realms of the Dead (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #13)
  • The God Catcher (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, #5)

Forgotten Realms: Blades of the Moonsea (3 books)
  • Swordmage (Forgotten Realms: Blades of the Moonsea, #1)
  • Avenger (Forgotten Realms: Blades of the Moonsea, #3)
Condemnation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #3) Forsaken House (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal, #1) Final Gate (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal, #3) Farthest Reach (Forgotten Realms: The Last Mythal, #2) Dungeons & Dragons Supplement: Complete Arcane (3.5 Edition)