Start by marking “After School Nightmare, Volume 10 ” as Want to Read:
After School Nightmare, Volume 10

After School Nightmare, Volume 10 (放課後保健室 / Houkago Hokenshitsu / After School Nightmare #10)

The line between reality and dreams is dangerously blurred, and Mashiro finds himself trapped in his female body, living a life he doesn't know! Just when Mashiro begins to accept his new situation, he and the other dreamers enter their final class - the class that will decide who lives, who dies, and who goes on to graduate!
Published May 5th 2009 by Go Comi (first published January 16th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about After School Nightmare, Volume 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After School Nightmare, Volume 10

Joy
Feb 09, 2009 Joy rated it really liked it
G
Dec 26, 2012 G rated it it was amazing
**THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE ENTIRE SERIES AND NOT JUST THIS VOLUME**

I wanted to read this manga for a very long time since I was eleven. I read the first few volumes at the hairdresser's and it got me hooked and extra curious. Finally, I found the chance to read it. I had emotional trauma over the whole series and refused to read other novels after that because of the angst inside everyone's heart.

After School Nightmare starts by introducing Ichijo Mashiro, our main protagonist, who is male on th
Apple12350
Jan 24, 2016 Apple12350 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
The ending was such a disappointment, it felt like a waste of time reading this.
Kerry
Dec 01, 2008 Kerry rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Okay, I'm not really sure how I feel about the ending. I get the point, but I was still rather disappointed.
Timothy
Jan 25, 2011 Timothy rated it liked it
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 Chibineko rated it it was amazing
This volume marks the end of this incredibly mind-blowing series and fans will be both incredibly thrilled to read the end as well as incredibly disappointed. Why will they be disappointed? Not because the series isn't incredible (it really is), but because that means that there's no new volumes coming out!

The story picks back up with Mashiro in a dream world where Kureha is dating Sou. From there the storyline goes into full speed as in the real world Kureha and Sou wonder where their lost fri
Julie
May 18, 2010 Julie rated it it was amazing
Five stars! The ending makes all the rest of it way better in retrospect. I will say it was unexpected and pretty cool. And I won't say much else about it, because that would be a spoiler!

And now I really want to start over again from the beginning, to reread it knowing all that I know now. But of course I borrowed it through interlibrary loan from multiple libraries. So that is not an easy thing to go and do. Maybe I'll have to buy it now. Hmf!

For all the times the translator told us what a ben
Rebecca Honeycutt
Stil marking this "glbtq," though that turns out to be less apt than it appeared. Perhaps it's just my disappointment at the direction taken with what seemed like a fascinating premise, but I found the ending thoroughly disappointing. It didn't feel like another level of story for me--it just felt more like an obnoxious "just kidding!" I read 10 volumes for this?
Sophia F
Jul 27, 2014 Sophia F rated it it was amazing
Luisa
Feb 14, 2017 Luisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il modo in cui appariamo nel sogno... è lo specchio della nostra anima.

Afterschool Nightmare è uno shojo (con qualche traccia shonen ai) di 10 volumi che dalla trama sembrava diverso dal solito ed effettivamente lo è. Mi ha intrigato e tenuta incollata fin dalle prime pagine perchè, malgrado la stranezza degli eventi e il fatto che sia inquietante, a parer mio è una storia particolare, originale e interessante; una storia parecchio cupa caratterizzata da introspezione, mistero, suspence.
I dialog
Katie
Jun 04, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner

Today I have a manga, which held my interest from the very first page and it had this astonishingly weird but at the same time fantastically amazing written all over it. I remember this manga was always on my goodreads recommendations; believe it or not I was always somehow repulsed to read it with whole undefined sex thing with Mashiro. But then one day, I do not know why I just wanted to read something weird so this story came to my mind. Let’s see, by the end o
Ingsf_
Apr 08, 2015 Ingsf_ rated it it was ok
Radu
Dec 13, 2014 Radu rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"Were you able to become the person you wanted to be?"

"Even if he brushes away my hand, I'll still hold it out to him."

"No matter what life, no matter what person, everyone has to say goodbye sometime. When that time comes... I hope I can say what I have to. I hope I can express the feelings and the words that matter most."

I cannot begin to express how much I love this series, the wonderful, young, naive longing for something undefined that it leaves inside of me every time I reread it. What a b
Lauren
Sep 13, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
As Ichijou Mashiro’s hard kept secret is revealed to his classmates, Mashiro’s dream world is turned upside down. The after-hours class Mashiro signs up for is not at all what he expects it to be. Passing the class is his only chance of graduation and the horrors he finds there are only the beginnings to the mysteries yet to be revealed.

This dark series is filled with controversial and emotional issues that take the reader on a journey through what the characters are feeling and what they experi
Betsy
Mar 07, 2012 Betsy rated it it was amazing
The ending was awesome! I love it when a mystery is solved and your first reaction is "of course! I should have known!" and your second is to flip all the way back to the beginning to pick up all the clues you missed the first time around.

But while the ending clicked into perfect place it didn't tie everything off into such a neat bow that the earlier struggles were negated or explained away. If anything the students attempts to define themselves and battle their demons were made even more poig
Susan
Shelves: graphic-novels
Skoora
Mar 31, 2009 Skoora rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
And so this epic and crazy journey comes to an end. Very hard to predict the ending and yet I knew it had to be something kind of like that. Still some vague patches here and there but all together I was pleased with it. I think I need to read the entire series again so that I can have an uninterrupted trip through the mangas and let the ending really hit me for all it's suddenness and beauty.
Tawnie
Feb 14, 2009 Tawnie rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-romance
While overall I enjoyed the series, I was a bit disappointed with how it ended. While I don't hate the ending it does leave you wondering what in the world happened. The artwork was as beautiful as always and there is enough left of the ending for me to imagine that there will be a happily ever after for all. In a few months I will read the entire series again and hope that the ending will make a bit more sense then.
Carly
Dec 06, 2011 Carly rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-reads
This series was AMAZING. I randomly picked the whole series up at the library one day and was hooked. I had to wait to get vol. 10 through interlibrary loan though and was slightly disappointed at how this series ended. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Still, it's so worth reading the whole thing again! I LOVED this series!
Jj
Oct 17, 2012 Jj rated it it was amazing
The ending was great, to know the best secret of this book. It makes everything makes the whole series more understandable. I didn't want the series to end. I wanted it to keep going. I love the writing style if this author and I can't wait to read more by this author.

I think at the end Mashiro found out who she truly is,and to know her story to at the end was perfect.
Vincy
Sep 17, 2011 Vincy rated it liked it
A bizarre and surreal ending to a surreal series. I enjoyed much of the series, but I found myself floundering with the ending. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but I think it was the translation that was the issue, not the story itself. Or I could just be terribly dense. I have more questions than answers. Hmmm...
K. Lynn Cullipher
May 09, 2015 K. Lynn Cullipher rated it it was amazing
After School Nightmare is, by far, my favorite manga. Ever. The art style is beautiful (as always with something from Setona Mizushiro), and the storyline is delectable. Everything about this manga is amazing. I do not want to go into too much detail, but I will say that this is the first ever manga to make me weep--and that is saying something, considering I read a lot of manga.
Erica
Mar 19, 2009 Erica rated it it was amazing
Okay, so the ending is really weird but it makes sense. I loved Mashiro with her lacrosse stick and Sou with his glasses. So cute! I need to read 8 and 9 over again, though, because I don't remember what happens with Ai. How does the relationship between Sou and Ai fit into the ending?
Treasure
Yay! A very satisfying, though surprising and odd ending. Def need to reread the series. The author also admits to the manga being unusual, but also mentions that it covers some important topics, which I agree with on both counts.
Paula
May 18, 2009 Paula rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
ok so this ended so very differently than i expeceted, but this series was amazingly good. i couldn't stop reading. definitely worth a read and a re-read to pick up all the subtle clues you missed the first time.
Gabriela
Feb 27, 2009 Gabriela rated it liked it
>=J by the image in the cover, I'm predicting Ichijo accepted the fact that shes a girl and she chose Sou over Kureha. HA! TAKE THAT KUREHA!! XP But you can't judge a book by its cover so I'm just going to have to see if I'm right..
Rosibel
Nov 07, 2015 Rosibel rated it it was amazing
I finish the serie I love after school nightmare books , loved the story it was different and I loved how it ended.
Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA
Aug 13, 2013 Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it, manga
Excellent Fantasy Story Comparing Dream World with reality............. Amazing...............
Hannah
  • Future Lovers, Vol. 2
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 13
  • Rin!, Volume 02
  • セブンデイズ Friday → Sunday / ( Seven Days #2)
  • Loveless, Volume 8
  • Little Butterfly, Volume 03
320741
Mizushiro Setona (水城 せとな or 水城雪可奈) is a popular manga-ka (Japanese comics creator) who started out in the dōjinshi (self published manga) circles. Her first real dabble in the world of creating manga was in 1985 when she participated in the publication of a dōjinshi. She remained active in the dōjinshi world until her debut in 1993 with the short single "Fuyu ga Owarou Toshiteita" (Winter Was Endi ...more
More about Setona Mizushiro...

放課後保健室 / Houkago Hokenshitsu / After School Nightmare (10 books)
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 1