Start by marking “Family Math” as Want to Read:
Family Math

Family Math

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  8 reviews
How can parents help their children with math at home? With over 300 pages of lively activities, the classic FAMILY MATH book represents one of the greatest strides taken to involve parents in the mathematics education of their children. Using easy instructions and simple objects such as beans, blocks, pennies, buttons, and string, parents and kids solve problems together. ...more
Published March 1st 1986 by University of California, Berkeley, Lawrence Hall of Science (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Family Math, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Math

Christina
This math resource is a true find. It is loaded with excellent ideas about teaching math to your children (K-8). Activities and games are fun and interesting and are set forth in a logical manner, grouped by concept. At 300+ pages of math games and activities, it is an invaluable resource. I've already ordered my own copy. Also look at Peggy Kaye's Games for Math, another excellent resource for fun math games.
Nicholeen
Have you taught your children about Palendromes. Somehow we have been doing math for years and haven't hit these yet among lots of other cool inspiring math things. This is a great book that was referred to me by a math mentor to inspire my children to think more mathematically, not just learn how to do equations. So far, we are having a blast!
Marie
recommended in "Math Power"
I purchased it and have been happy with the suggested games. E keeps saying, "let's play another math game!" I'm sure more math-oriented parents are already intuitively doing these things with their kids, but this gives me the extra prod to wake up my math imagination.
Great resource book for family fun and learning. This is resource book I will keep on our shelves and use from time to time throughout the next 15+ years! It has a good, easy to use set up. My kids have enjoyed the activities we have done from it so far. I look forward to doing more!
Jeniann
Loaded with lots of great math activities and ways to understand math concepts more easily.
Shauna
this book is a great idea . . . I just never seem to find the time to actually do it!
Kim Davison
Ideas for developing math skills by playing games together as a family.
Tammie
Dween18
Dween18 marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Nathan Wyand
Nathan Wyand marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Lela Stephens-winton
Lela Stephens-winton marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Aug 28, 2014
Robin Hurd
Robin Hurd marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mathematics Assessment: A Practical Handbook For Grades 3 5 Assessment Alternatives in Mathematics: An Overview of Assessment Techniques That Promote Learning Mathematics Assessment: Myths, Models, Good Questions, and Practical Suggestions Family Math for Young Children: Comparing (Equals Series)