Start by marking “The Birth Order Connection: Finding and Keeping the Love of Your Life” as Want to Read:
The Birth Order Connection: Finding and Keeping the Love of Your Life

The Birth Order Connection: Finding and Keeping the Love of Your Life

Most people expect to get married, have their marriage last a lifetime, and enjoy a marital relationship that fulfills their deepest emotional needs. Yet few people experience this type of relationship. Statistics show that approximately 20 million divorced people live in our country, and the median duration of any given marriage is just 7.2 years. Few people consider the ...more
Published August 1st 2001 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published July 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Birth Order Connection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Birth Order Connection

Alice
Mar 01, 2015 Alice rated it did not like it
An Exhaustive List of Everything Good About This Book:
1. I now know that if the author ever proposes marriage to me, I should run the other direction as fast as possible.
2. The pages are quite thick which makes them easy to turn while wearing gloves.
3. This quote: "Tommy Hilfiger didn't design the penis and vagina; they're custom-made for each other by no less a designer than God himself."
4. The cover is relatively water-repellant, especially if you wipe it off very quickly.
5. Anyone who takes t
C.M. Okonkwo
Nov 24, 2014 C.M. Okonkwo rated it really liked it
As the name implies, the book is a one-stop shop for people looking for their soulmates, who they are compatible with, in order to have a long-lasting and fulfilling relationship... The author explains (in my own words) that compatibility isn't just about trial and error, there are clear ways of knowing if someone is compatible with another person simply by analysing their birth orders (predestined personality).

There's an explanation for people's personalities depending on if they are first born
Brista Drake
Sep 12, 2014 Brista Drake rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this book in May, but I wanted to give it some space before writing the review. Likewise, while reading, I took a break between every fifty pages or so just to think about what I read. It's a very fast-paced book if you're into this stuff, which is why I purposely slowed my reading down.

I think this is the most high-lighted book on my shelf. There is so much good advice encircling how to treat relationships in today's culture. I agree with each point he makes, even if they are
Diana
Nov 22, 2009 Diana rated it it was ok
Shelves: social-science
This would have been a perfectly OK book (a little oversimplified, but I'll get to that later) if the author had managed to restrain himself from a religious/moral agenda. He spends a lot of time discussing why abstaining before marriage is for the best, and mentions God in more than one anecdote from couples' therapy.

Add that to the fact that birth order is used primarily as a rough estimate of familial experience, which oversimplifies a couple's dynamics to the horoscopic level. Blegh.
Rick
Apr 19, 2008 Rick rated it really liked it
This books helps explain relationship between siblings of the same family. It was very surprising to me how accurate the information in the book really is (compared with my family and others that I know).
Connie
Dec 16, 2008 Connie rated it liked it
This is very interesting. Leman tells about how our personalities are developed through birth order and also how finding and keeping a partner can be benefited by choosing a companion with a birth order that compliments your own.
Tay
May 26, 2012 Tay rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites! Leman's writing is so entertaining and the book is truly insightful! Helps better understand yourself and others around you from romantic to friends and coworkers!
Paula
Apr 19, 2008 Paula rated it it was amazing
This had my husband and I described almost right on. It also said, based on our birth order, that we were a good match. 5 years and going, I guess we will see...
Jack Arduini
Jack Arduini rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Hope
Hope rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2010
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2009
Meg Magallon
Meg Magallon rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Happy
Happy rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2007
Lacy
Lacy rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2010
Aaron Myers
Aaron Myers rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
Allison Reilly
Allison Reilly rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2011
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Kerstin Marie
Aug 23, 2016 Kerstin Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Very interesting book
Courtney M
Courtney M rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Kyle
Kyle rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2010
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2009
Anne-marie Crifasi
Anne-marie Crifasi rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2009
Bjorn
Bjorn rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Meghann
Meghann rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2009
Laura rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2010
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Vy Nguyen
Vy Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Why a Daughter Needs a Dad: A Hundred Reasons
  • The Complete Works
  • Frugal Living for Dummies
  • Parenting is Heart Work
  • God's Guidance: A Slow and Certain Light
  • Raising a Daughter After God's Own Heart
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • How to Get a Date Worth Keeping
  • Uncharted
  • The DNA of Relationships
  • Beyond Belief to Convictions
  • The Mightiest
  • The Improvement of the Mind: A Supplement to Logic: With a Discourse on the Education of Children and Youth
  • Living By the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible
  • The New Penguin History of Canada
  • She Calls Me Daddy: Seven Things Every Man Needs to Know About Building a Complete Daughter
  • Unhooked: How to Quit Anything
  • Maneater: And Other True Stories of a Life in Infectious Diseases
Dr. Kevin Leman is an internationally recognized psychologist, author, and media personality. He was the first to popularize Adlerian psychological concepts in the United States, which are based on birth-order and family dynamics. Dr. Leman holds Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctorate degrees in clinical psychology from the University of Arizona.

Dr. Leman is the founder and president of "Couples of P
More about Kevin Leman...