Start by marking “The Birth Order Connection: Finding and Keeping the Love of Your Life” as Want to Read:
The Birth Order Connection: Finding and Keeping the Love of Your Life

The Birth Order Connection: Finding and Keeping the Love of Your Life

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Most people expect to get married, have their marriage last a lifetime, and enjoy a marital relationship that fulfills their deepest emotional needs. Yet few people experience this type of relationship. Statistics show that approximately 20 million divorced people live in our country, and the median duration of any given marriage is just 7.2 years. Few people consider the ...more
Published August 1st 2001 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published July 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Birth Order Connection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Birth Order Connection

Alice
An Exhaustive List of Everything Good About This Book:
1. I now know that if the author ever proposes marriage to me, I should run the other direction as fast as possible.
2. The pages are quite thick which makes them easy to turn while wearing gloves.
3. This quote: "Tommy Hilfiger didn't design the penis and vagina; they're custom-made for each other by no less a designer than God himself."
4. The cover is relatively water-repellant, especially if you wipe it off very quickly.
5. Anyone who takes t
Diana
This would have been a perfectly OK book (a little oversimplified, but I'll get to that later) if the author had managed to restrain himself from a religious/moral agenda. He spends a lot of time discussing why abstaining before marriage is for the best, and mentions God in more than one anecdote from couples' therapy.

Add that to the fact that birth order is used primarily as a rough estimate of familial experience, which oversimplifies a couple's dynamics to the horoscopic level. Blegh.
C.M. Okonkwo
It was an interesting read and very enlightening. Although I didn't agree with some of the advices given (I had even dropped the book after I finished the part titled "Red Flags"), I actually learned a lot.

I recommend this to all those looking to take the next step in their relationships.

CMO.
Connie
This is very interesting. Leman tells about how our personalities are developed through birth order and also how finding and keeping a partner can be benefited by choosing a companion with a birth order that compliments your own.
Rick
This books helps explain relationship between siblings of the same family. It was very surprising to me how accurate the information in the book really is (compared with my family and others that I know).
Tay
One of my favorites! Leman's writing is so entertaining and the book is truly insightful! Helps better understand yourself and others around you from romantic to friends and coworkers!
Paula
This had my husband and I described almost right on. It also said, based on our birth order, that we were a good match. 5 years and going, I guess we will see...
Colby
Full of interesting insights into how birth order affects personality and relationships.
Sarah Owens
Sarah Owens marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Michelle Davids
Michelle Davids marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Meg
Meg added it
Feb 14, 2015
Kailey Torres
Kailey Torres marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Hcool
Hcool added it
Dec 12, 2014
MaryAnn Keyser
MaryAnn Keyser marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • God's Guidance: A Slow and Certain Light
  • Parenting is Heart Work
  • Frugal Living for Dummies
  • Travail and Triumph (The Russians, #3)
  • Raising a Daughter After God's Own Heart
  • How to Get a Date Worth Keeping
  • The DNA of Relationships
  • Uncharted
  • Living By the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible
  • The Works of Josephus
  • Who Do I Lean On? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #3)
  • Unhooked: How to Quit Anything
  • She Calls Me Daddy: Seven Things Every Man Needs to Know About Building a Complete Daughter
  • A Naughty Noelle (The 19th Precinct, #1.5)
  • Unto the Hills
  • Pronoia is the Antidote for Paranoia: How the Whole World is Conspiring to Shower You With Blessings
  • The Bluejacket's Manual
  • Perfect Daughters: Adult Daughters of Alcoholics
Dr. Kevin Leman is an internationally recognized psychologist, author, and media personality. He was the first to popularize Adlerian psychological concepts in the United States, which are based on birth-order and family dynamics. Dr. Leman holds Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctorate degrees in clinical psychology from the University of Arizona.

Dr. Leman is the founder and president of "Couples of P
More about Kevin Leman...
Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage The Birth Order Book: Why You Are the Way You Are Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your Child's Attitude, Behavior & Character in 5 Days Making Children Mind without Losing Yours The Way of the Shepherd: 7 Ancient Secrets to Managing Productive People