Start by marking “Bellydancer: Stories” as Want to Read:
Bellydancer: Stories

Bellydancer: Stories

Sky Lee's protagnists in this billiantly quirky collection include bellydancers, bag ladies, lesbians and sojourners from distant times. Interweaving whimsical stories of enchantment with macabre plots, Lee flaunts the illicit and mocks the exotic.
Published August 5th 2002 by Raincoast Books, Press Gang Publishers (first published September 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Bellydancer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bellydancer

Lydia
Jul 15, 2012 Lydia rated it it was ok
this is a book of short stories. Few of them are developed well and seem a bit haphazard. There is one short story that has three chapters. This one is great, however, I think it could have been developed into a full novel. Lee's potential shows in this story, more than the others, I just wish it were a LOT longer. I would like to read full length books of hers, as I think they must be better.
Mark
Feb 01, 2011 Mark rated it did not like it
reading this was like listening to outtakes.

Sky you can do better. what were you trying to tell us?
Jessie B.
Mar 16, 2013 Jessie B. rated it it was ok
Some of these stories were good but most of the time I found it hard to engage with most of the characters.
Degan Walters
Degan Walters rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Carl Alan
Carl Alan rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2013
Kmg494
Kmg494 rated it did not like it
May 10, 2014
Betsey
Betsey rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2010
Canuckgal
Canuckgal marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2010
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Erin Vance
Erin Vance marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Kris-ann
Kris-ann marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Rhiannon
Rhiannon marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
419269
Sky Lee (born September 15, 1952 in Port Alberni, British Columbia) is a Canadian artist and novelist. Lee has published both feminist fiction and non-fiction and identifies as lesbian.

Lee was first published as the illustrator of 1983's children's book, Teach Me to Fly, Skyfighter! by Paul Yee. The book is a collection of four stories exploring what it is like to grow up as a Chinese-Canadian in
More about Sky Lee...