Start by marking “Planets” as Want to Read:
Planets

Planets

Planets is packed with fantastic facts and details, designed to make the solar system fun for young astronomers and anyone who gazes up at the night sky. It has 20 reusable stickers so you can create your own universe - again and again! Discover just how the solar system is made up.
Published November 5th 2001 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books (first published November 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Planets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Planets

Kim Valentine
PLANTS is a picture story book with fact about the planets. The book was written in 2002 and still list Pluto as a planet. So let students know that Pluto has been technically eliminated as a planet, but that it was known as one for many years. This would be a good 4-8 informational book. The book is made as a foldable starting with the sun then unfold each page to add the next planet in order with a couple of facts about the planet. The book is colorful and fun to read. The story is in rhyme an ...more
Lori
Nov 03, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it
This is a fun book that teaches children about planets and their order in the solar system. The lyrical story helps to teach about a major point about each planet. The pages build on each other until they reach the end of the system. Each page is cut just a little longer than the previous page so it only adds the planets before the current one. The end of the book contains more fun facts about each of the planets.
The only downfall is that the book was published when Pluto was still considered a
Shaelyn
Dec 21, 2014 Shaelyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay this was my favorite book as a kid, it's what basically got me into astronomy. I love it and I still read it sometimes!
Sgivens
Sep 22, 2014 Sgivens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nicely illustrated book about the planets in our solar system. It even has facts about how many days are in a year and even about how many moons a planet has.
Liz B
Apr 19, 2011 Liz B rated it really liked it
This book is a neatly done repetitive text about the planets in our solar system. The back of the book has a fact sheet about space and planets.
Robert
Dec 11, 2008 Robert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: silly-books
I like this book because it hleps me learn abuot planets. this book is real fun to read.
DixieJo
Oct 31, 2009 DixieJo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
Rhyming, repetitive, pages that grow as the Solar System expands... great book.
Malcolm
Mar 23, 2009 Malcolm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
my favorite planes are neptune pluto and satturn.
Dane
Dane rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Rikki
Rikki rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
J4
J4 marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Denis Verdecia
Denis Verdecia marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2015
Kathy
Kathy added it
Aug 27, 2015
SarahAnn Haggard
SarahAnn Haggard marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Christina Farrell
Christina Farrell rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2015
Meredith Myers
Meredith Myers rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
Bridget Garibay
Bridget Garibay marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Kimberley Morgan
Kimberley Morgan rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Alexander Thorne
Alexander Thorne marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Michelle Seabaugh
Michelle Seabaugh rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
C Bouhanna
C Bouhanna rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
Salinda Cummings
Salinda Cummings rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2014