Start by marking “High School Debut, Vol. 08 (High School Debut, #8)” as Want to Read:
High School Debut, Vol. 08  (High School Debut, #8)

High School Debut, Vol. 08 (High School Debut #8)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  1,749 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Back in junior high, Haruna Nagashima was only interested in two things: softball and manga. Now that she's starting high school, Haruna's focus has changed--she wants to snag a boyfriend and have the romance of her dreams!

Yoh's worried that a freshman seems to have the hots for Haruna, but Haruna is as oblivious as ever. So when the boy in question makes a move on Haruna,
Published March 3rd 2009 by VIZ Media, LLC (first published March 23rd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about High School Debut, Vol. 08, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High School Debut, Vol. 08

Michelle. D.
I am writing about the overall series. I finsihed reading the entire series on January 7, 2011.

The overal series was pretty great. I gave it a 4 star rating. Let's talk about some things now.

I. Love. Yoh. I just love him. He is so adorable! Andd I hate that I have to say that. But I can't help myself, he is SO ADORABLE! ANd cool, and awesome, and hot(lol) and all those other wors to descibe him. I love his personality and I love how he is easily embarrassed. He is just so ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! I w
Amy Thorne
So, really, I assure you that I do, in fact, read. I just don't list all the comics on here, so that I can conceal the sheer volume of how much I consume.

But I'm popping back in with volume 8 of HSD because it's my favorite of the series so far, and because I just feel such affection for the central couple: super-reserved, slightly acerbic hottie Yoh and naive, eternally peppy ex-jock Haruna. With about nothing in common but their mutual devotion, Yoh and Haruna manage to come through their (mos
Christina
It's a new school year which means new students which means competition! In love! After Haruna and Yoh showed off that they were a couple to all the freshmen all the girls backed off of him, but that didn't hinder the three guys chasing after Haruna, not one bit! Even though their desire for Haruna is blatant, she is completely oblivious. Yoh tells her to be careful around the freshmen boys but she forgets and lets her guard down, and one of the boys make a move on her! Will this disaster leave ...more
Jenten0018
This is a really cute series. Yoh, most definitely channeled his inner Haruna during the second half of the book when he tried to figure out what to do for her birthday. He stepped out of his comfort zone and was able to give Haruna what she wanted.

In the first half Haruna was her usual self freaking out because some freshman kissed her. It was hilarious when Yoh kissed the guy so they would be even.

It's a really great series and they make a cute couple. Their both so awkward.
Kendra
Yea! This volume was so much better than #7. I appreciate Haruna's energy and excitement and Yoh always finds a way to be perfectly sweet in the end. Going to have to put this series on my purchase list for school. The students who read shojo manga will love it!
Charmaine
one of the best birthday in manga I've ever read...
Estara
Shannon
Haha, oh my god, this volume was so unnecessarily dramatic. Everything was blown out of proportion and it had me rolling my eyes. Either way, I still enjoyed reading it. The whole accidental kiss thing was down-right ridiculous. Some random dude kisses Haruna and then she goes off on some mental breakdown and contemplates jumping off a roof. She's so dramatic. Yoh kept telling her it was ok, but she kept going psycho. The dude that tried to kiss her was a jerk though. However, I did laugh when h ...more
Killedbydrapery
I had a few more qualms about this volume than the others.... Like the whole kiss-then-freak-out thing; which I thought was not only ridiculously mellow dramatic, but just entirely dumb. But it was remedied by the adorable birthday scene at the end of the volume... So cute :)
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
It's Haruna's birthday. As she anticipates what Yoh will do, Yoh himself thinks what present he should get her. Easier said than done. Moments where I was thinking, what's going on? Near the ending it got cute then sad then cute again.
Zen
Reread in March 2014!!
Candice M (tinylibrarian)
Yasaswi Gudipudi
Okay now i m like getting along with the story....Yoh is damn good n almost like me in many ways....oh god i love him. Yes i also started liking Haruna except that I can't understand y she is over excited about everything. Okay that I got adjusted with her even. In a word i started liking this book. I can recommend this book for shoujo lovers.!
Dev
Haruna's birthday is coming up and Yoh is freaking out what to do for her.
Their relationship is becoming deeper. They both want to make sure the other is okay and happy.
I find it adorable the Yoh is becoming flustered when it comes to making Haruna happy. And that he is jealous of the attention the freshman boys are giving her.
Mandarine
J'ai été surprise par ce tome que j'ai trouvé meilleur que le précédent.Enfin la première partie ne m'a pas passionnée avec les prétendants de Haruna mais j'ai bien aimé la seconde avec la préparation de l'anniversaire de l'héroïne.C'est plutôt mignon même si ce n'est toujours pas transcendant.
scarlettraces
it's impossible to express how much i like high school debut, mostly because i'm rolling about on the floor giggling. it's an instant blues banisher.
Kalli Pickle
This series is utterly amazing! I rented all 13 books from the library and finished them all within a week, I was too hooked!!

Emily Farrar
OMG the whole birthday part was so ADORABLE!!! I loved it! Yoh is such a great boyfriend!!!!!! Lucky Haruna...
Jamie
Kind of a funny coincidence that I finished reading this on May 5, since that is Haruna's birthday in the comic.
Kat
Jun 08, 2013 Kat rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Awww! So cute! The whole baseball game was so fake, but I was cooing anyway.(Funny word, cooing.)
fabby
Dec 16, 2013 fabby rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Yoh is so sweet when he manages to get over his awkwardness on how to show his feelings for Haruna
Jaclyn
Another cute one. Yoh is becoming a little more complex and actually flourishing.
Marina
i laughed hard with this one. Very unexpected story with a problem and outcome.
Helena
OMG YOH WAS SO CUTE!!!
HAMRAU MUST BE REEEEEEEEEEALLY HAPPY;D
Randa
Jul 11, 2013 Randa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I like this vol. so much
Paula
Love this series so much!
Nicole
[See review under vol. 1:]
Morgan
Oct 16, 2012 Morgan added it
awesome
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 5
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 05
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 21 (Hana-Kimi, #21)
  • MARS, Volume 14
KAWAHARA Kazune (河原和音)

At 18, debuted with "Kare no Ichiban Sukina Hito"
Her hobby is interior redecorating. Also, while thinking of her manga, she often spaces out and brings grocery baskets home. Adores her nieces.
More about Kazune Kawahara...
High School Debut, Vol. 01 (High School Debut, #1) High School Debut, Vol. 02 (High School Debut, #2) High School Debut, Vol. 03 (High School Debut, #3) High School Debut, Vol. 05 (High School Debut, #5) High School Debut, Vol. 04 (High School Debut, #4)