Start by marking “1000 Pin-Up Girls ” as Want to Read:
1000 Pin-Up Girls

1000 Pin-Up Girls

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The best selection of Pin–up art by the famous Gil Elvgren. TASCHEN's Wall Calendars feature 12 big and beautiful reproductions, an elegant layout for the days of the month, and all official holidays for your country.

Paperback, 25th Anniversary Special Edition, 576 pages
Published August 1st 2008 by Taschen

To ask other readers questions about 1000 Pin-Up Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1000 Pin-Up Girls

Jodee
May 19, 2014 Jodee added it
Shelves: non-fiction
This was and interesting flip through book. Not something I would normally ready but a quick fun history lesson. I have purchased pin up calenders for my hubbys garage in the past as I think they are kind of funny. This book was interesting to compare with modern day "Pin Ups" aka Sports illustrated.

I would prefer to go back to this version if anything.

These hold an air of playfulness rather than sensuality and don't seem to sell the Sex to me like the other things out there like sports illustr
Anton Klink
This book features hundreds of fantastic reproductions of classic pin-up magazine covers. So why only three stars?

Firstly, half of the books are are not the beautiful classic pin-up drawings everyone loves, but cheesy black and white pin-up photos made at the same time (around the 50s and 60s). I'm sure those have their admirers as well, but then they should have ended up in a separate book with a different cover. Having purchased a book with a drawn pin-up on the cover, I also expect to get a b
Mel
My sister bought me this for a Christmas present. It was really interesting, the covers of the pinups were great. There was also a brief history of the different magazines they were from. Also included were photo stories from the period which were very silly and featured real girls instead of drawings.

The book was also interesting from a historical point of view. To see what the women's required sizes were. Also I learned they included leg measurements! (which were all identical!)

Only downside
Rebecca
May 26, 2009 Rebecca rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes pin-up art
This isn't exactly great literature, but if you have an interest in pin-up photography/art this book provides plenty of inspiration. There are hundreds of pin-up girls from ads and magazines from the 40's and 50's.

I have flipped through this book from front to back then front again studying the poses and props and attitudes of the models.

I definitely feel inspired by this little book.
Annie
Lot's of Doubles and Triples...Not exactly the best documentation on the subject. Low quality. Buy it second hand if you must.
Lidia
preciosas imágenes de pin ups de portadas de revistas de los años 50
Jess
Very cute.
Ree Roo
Ree Roo marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Josephine Beyke
Josephine Beyke is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
Márcia Pacheco
Márcia Pacheco marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Bibi
Bibi added it
Jul 11, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Haleigh
Haleigh marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Betty Page: Queen of Pin-up The Best of American Girlie Magazines American Psycho A Long Way Down Pin-Ups