Start by marking “Murder In Spokane” as Want to Read:
Murder In Spokane

Murder In Spokane

True crime at its very best.

Building on his two previous Murder in … bestsellers, Mark Fuhrman turns his formidable detective skills to the apprehension and arrest of Robert L. Yates, Jr., a serial killer responsible for the deaths of at least 23 women.

Written in the same fast-paced style as Murder in Brentwood and Murder in Greenwich, this is a shocking account of Fuhrman
Published April 30th 2002 by Avon (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Murder In Spokane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder In Spokane

The Stranger Beside Me by Ann RuleThe Serial Killer Files by Harold SchechterThe Night Stalker by Philip CarloSerial Killer Case Files by R.J. ParkerGreen River, Running Red by Ann Rule
Non-fiction books about Serial Killers
41st out of 141 books — 98 voters
Serial Killer Case Files by R.J. ParkerThe Stranger Beside Me by Ann RuleUnsolved Serial Killings by R.J. ParkerGreen River, Running Red by Ann RuleSerial Killers by Peter Vronsky
True Crime--Serial killers
46th out of 138 books — 149 voters

More lists with this book...

Jul 15, 2012 Julia rated it did not like it
Could you talk about yourself any more Mark Fuhrman?
Micky Lee
Jul 23, 2010 Micky Lee rated it liked it
Not bad but furhman thinks he is the only one who can solve crimes ok the Spokane police did not do their jobs right and women died of it
Dec 04, 2008 Catten rated it did not like it
Murder in Spokane: Catching a Serial Killer by Mark Fuhrman

When I read John Douglas's books, I'm amazed at the arrogance and self-importance I see. After reading Murder in Spokane, however, I have found a worthy rival for Douglas.

It only took a few pages for him to bring up the OJ business and his other books (Murder in Brentwood and Murder in Greenwich). In fact, the book jacket proclaims:

Mark Fuhrman's bestseller Murder in Greenwich led to Michael Skakel's arrest [in the Martha Moxley case] .

April Helms
Aug 14, 2016 April Helms rated it really liked it
If you can get past who the author is (and the infamous case he was a big part of is mentioned briefly a couple of times), this is actually a good read. It is a bit dated, but it’s an interesting perspective that reads like a whodunit at times. When several bodies of prostitutes start turning up in the mid and late 90s, the local law enforcement in Spokane (and other areas) find themselves looking at a serial killer case. Much of the story concerns the investigation (and what Fuhrman lists as th ...more
Jodie Julagay
Jul 21, 2014 Jodie Julagay rated it did not like it
I haven't read that much but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get through it. I'll probably continue to try because I'm interested in the story, but I don't believe his view anyway. He's cocky and so self-righteous and spends so much time bad mouthing the police department that in my opinion it discredits his point of view. I may or may not finish it, but will also try to find a credible author that wrote about this case. Too bad it's not an Anne Rule book.
Feb 02, 2008 Kay rated it liked it
Recommends it for: true crime readers
Shelves: true-crime
This book is about a serial killer in Spokane in the mid to late 90's, and how the detectives bungled the investigation. I am an admirer of the police, but in this case they seriously screwed up and could have prevented the last 10 murders if they had been doing their job.
I used to be a true crime junkie, but I read less now because they get so bogged down in the trial and all the legalilities. However, this one had none of that and dealt strictly with the investigation.
Apr 08, 2012 Shannon rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-true-crime
I didn't make it very far. His writing totally puts me off. He's way to self important. The part I made it through was more about how great he was than the case. while I want to know the story since I grew up near Spokane I may have to look for a different book.
Sep 10, 2010 Christina rated it did not like it
Didn't finish reading it...not a very good book.
Dennis Littrell
Apr 28, 2010 Dennis Littrell rated it liked it
Fuhrman, Mark. Murder in Spokane: Catching a Serial Killer (2001) ***
Good read, but not entirely fair or complete

This book is interesting because it allows us some further insight into the personality of Mark Fuhrman, one time LAPD detective, and fall guy for the prosecution in the O. J. Simpson debacle. It is interesting to see how Fuhrman's loyalties and perspective have changed from the siege mentality of a beleaguered cop to the free and easy skepticism of a freelance journalist. One thing i
Cindi Moss
Jul 05, 2015 Cindi Moss rated it liked it
I read this book about 10 years ago, after moving to Spokane and came across this book on a freebie shelf. I hadn't read a true crime novel in several years, and reading about the crime taking place where I was now living - being able to actually go to those places or see those places was rather "trippy" I guess. So, given all that, overall I thought the book was enjoyable. And I'm writing this review 10 years after reading it, so I may not be remembering details that might have originally annoy ...more
Oct 04, 2012 Donalyn rated it did not like it
I really wanted to read this book. It takes place in a area that I am familiar with. Unfortunately Mark Fuhrman makes it nearly impossible to get through the book due to his self praise. I can only take so much arrogance.
Jan 23, 2016 Fishface rated it really liked it
Shelves: true-crime
In this one, Fuhrman digs into an unsolved serial-murder case which I believe has since been cracked. It's a good read.
Nov 14, 2015 William rated it it was amazing
Well documented and well written. A disturbing case that never got much media attention. If true crime books involving serial killers are of interest I encourage you to read this book.
Teresa rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Kara Leigh
Kara Leigh rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2012
Joel Zola
Joel Zola rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Jason Hill
Jason Hill rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2016
Carlene rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Wanda rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Shelley rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2014
Christina rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Tula Minas
Tula Minas rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
Julie rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Nfayth rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Holly Johnson
Holly Johnson rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Jeanine Ging
Jeanine Ging rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2015
Kelli rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2011
Wendy Gray
Wendy Gray rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2015
Chrystine Collins-blums
Chrystine Collins-blums rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Tiffany Delahunt
Tiffany Delahunt rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Raging Heart
  • I Want to Tell You: My Response to Your Letters, Your Messages, Your Questions
  • O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It
  • American Tragedy
  • Tillie the Terrible Swede: How One Woman, a Sewing Needle, and a Bicycle Changed History
  • Have Glove, Will Travel: Adventures of a Baseball Vagabond
  • Warm Springs: Traces of a Childhood at FDR's Polio Haven
  • Watching Baseball, updated & revised: Discovering the Game within the Game
  • Inside the Minds of Serial Killers: Why They Kill
  • Emily
  • The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin'
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • Letting Swift River Go
  • Senior Year: A Father, A Son, and High School Baseball
Former LAPD detective, true crime writer and talk radio host.

He is primarily known for his part in the investigation of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman and his subsequent felony conviction for perjury.
More about Mark Fuhrman...