Start by marking “The Last Victim: The Extraordinary Life of Florence Maybrick, the Wife of Jack the Ripper” as Want to Read:

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  2 reviews
An historical re-evaluation of one of the most extraordinary and true crime puzzles of all times, is the remarkable story of the woman married to - and convicted of the murder of - the man now believed to have been Jack the Ripper. The authors examine her life and assess it in the light of the Ripper connection.
Unknown Binding, 236 pages
Published 1999 by Headline Book Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Last Victim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Victim

Janellyn51
I've always been fascinated by Jack the Ripper and had read the Diary of James Maybrick a few years ago....I'm thinking it's on the level. Florence Maybrick who was married to said James Maybrick, I don't know....I found it hard to be sympathetic to her. I don't believe she poisoned him. But, she was a creep. I don't think you can assume that if a woman has an affair, of a few that she would graduate to murder any more than I think if you smoke pot it follows you would become a heroin addict, bu ...more
Lara
Didn't get too far beyond the foreward when the history of the 'diary' is said to have passed into the hands of "Anne, Mr. Barrett's recently estranged wife (who) told Paul Feldman that she had seen the Diary and its contents in 1968, though she was not more than mildly curious, being only a teenager."

I call Shenanigans.

There is absolutely no way that a teenager wouldn't pore over every gory detail of what was purportedly a diary of Jack the Ripper. FAKE.

Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Kayla Roberts
Kayla Roberts marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Wickstrom
Wickstrom marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Wendy Young
Wendy Young marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Brooke Stephenson
Brooke Stephenson marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Phil Ainsworth
Phil Ainsworth marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Anna Isbell
Anna Isbell marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
Christa M.
Christa M. marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Cody
Cody marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2013
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013