Start by marking “Happy Gloves: Charming Softy Friends Made from Colorful Gloves” as Want to Read:
Happy Gloves: Charming Softy Friends Made from Colorful Gloves

Happy Gloves: Charming Softy Friends Made from Colorful Gloves

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Colorful gloves become adorable creations? from the author of Sock and Glove.

Whimsical and endearing, here are nineteen more softy sewing projects in the adorable, quirky aesthetic of Sock and Glove. Because who doesn?t have a few odd gloves lying around?and who couldn?t use another quietly cheerful small friend?

Includes complete instructions to make a chipmunk, frog, duc
Published October 7th 2008 by HP Trade

To ask other readers questions about Happy Gloves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Gloves

1,000 Artist Journal Pages by Dawn DeVries Sokol1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse by Garth JohnsonZen of Seeing by Frederick FranckTranslating Books at Home by Melchiore V. BuscemiPapier-Mâché Monsters by Dan Reeder
CREATE!
42nd out of 122 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

karen
i have gloves!! i can sew!! but i could use practice, and more tips. most of these dolls are just okay, but right now all i make are monsters out of socks, and i need to diversify. now i will be able to make a chipmunk! huzzah!
Amy
In case you didn't figure this out from the title, each project in this book is made from a set of gloves.

Happy Gloves is different from most of the other craft books out there. This book begins like a children's storybook with a photos of every project and a little story about a fat chipmunk (the chipmunk is my favorite project, btw). The use of buttons, hand embroidery, and ribbon as embellishment is genius!

After a short story that includes photos of the various projects, there's a sewing over
Kater Cheek
I really wanted to like this book, because it would be a great project for my daughter's Girl Scout troop, and knit gloves are on sale for 50 cents a pair at Target this time of year.

The book has brightly colored photos and cute line illustrations for 21 different items you can make out of gloves, mostly animals. The text is spare and centered in the page as if it were a picture book for very young children. In fact, if you just wanted to get this book to read to your child, you could do that (t
N
Aug 17, 2014 N added it
Shelves: wk-research
pg. 40-41: helpful hints/tips before starting

templates for each project

Seems easy enough to follow but some sewing proficiency would probably be best.
Astri
ok, so the little glove critters are really cute, but the format of the book was a complete turn-off. I have this issue with being spoken to like I'm a small child, and this book is set up completely like an illustrated picture book aimed at 3 year olds, language and all. Not a good way to gain the favour of your 16+ crafting audience. Granted the second half of the book which contains the patterns and instructions for the projects is written like the typical craft book, it's almost not worth wa ...more
Brandy
Dec 26, 2008 Brandy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: crafts
Just picked up the companion book. I hope my luck is better and my animals resemble...animals. I've to try- it's the crafter in me. :)
Perhaps things made out of socks and gloves are not for me. My animals require imagination to enjoy. Perhaps I'll have better luck in the summer. Great book though with darling projects. Would be fun do with kids.
Rebecca
Mar 02, 2009 Rebecca marked it as to-read
These projects are adorable! the drawings that accompany the instructions are super-duper cute, too! The only bad thing is that I am tempted to 1. keep all single gloves now, and 2. possibly destroy a pair just to make the adorable chipmunk!
Mary
Seems like a good intro to making stuffed creatures from gloves. Cute, but not a compelling craft. Great photos and design, along the lines of the Japanese craft books that normally aren't translated into English.
Bobby
Another volume of amazing animal creations from the author of Sock and Glove. I haven't made any of these yet, but most look like variations on the same designs. The chipmunk and frog seem to be the most promising.
Arielle
So fun! I feel like I could actually make the crafts from this book. Plus, the directions are *awesome*! Not only do they have illustrated directions but step-by-step photo illusrations as well.
Candace
Cute little critters to make with those cheap dollarstore gloves. These would make great gifts for my kids to give to their friends. Simple to sew and cheap... can't ask for more can you?
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Just as adorable as her previous book, the patterns are easy and more varied. The book includes the same fully photographed instructions and multiple pictures of each completed project.
Cami
Cute ideas for turning knit acrylic gloves into little dolls and animal toys. Great choice for a beginning crafter.
Judi
One of the few books that I feel warranted the full purchase price, original ideas with cute results.
Dee
This is a cute book but I don't know if I will make the little critters.
Erin
This is a super cute book with great ideas for simple projects. Very cute.
michella
really fun and cute book! easy to follow instructions.
Fran
What great ideas for leftover socks!
Slynne
Small book with awesome ideas.
Jennifer Shaw
Jennifer Shaw marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
E.
E. marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
karen
karen marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Sarah Jarvis
Sarah Jarvis marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sock and Glove: Creating Charming Softy Friends from Cast-Off Socks and Gloves Risu Ga Tsukuru Tebukuro De Nuigurumi Tebukuroinu To Kutsushitazaru: Tebukuro To Kutsushita De Tsukuru Nuigurumi