Start by marking “Knitwise (Chicks with Sticks, #3)” as Want to Read:
Knitwise (Chicks with Sticks, #3)

Knitwise (Chicks with Sticks #3)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  263 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
For Scottie, Amanda, Bella, and Tay, life in Chicago is all about seeking shelter. Theyve found it in the raggedy comfort of KnitWit, in their firelit stitch n bitch at Joes, in the halls of their quirky private school, even in the arms of boyfriends.

But now the girls are staring down the end of high school. Fueled by the stresses of college applications and service proje

Published October 4th 2007 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Knitwise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitwise

Emily
Jun 05, 2013 Emily rated it it was amazing
I love this series. It's fun to think that there are girls like me out there, even if this is just fiction.
Jul 05, 2008 Laura rated it it was ok
The third book in the Chicks With Sticks series. It is Scottie, Amanda, Bella and Tay's last year together, next fall they are off to college, with the exception of Tay, who still has one year left of high school. The refuge they have taken in knitting has helped them for the past couple of years, but Scottie doesn't know if it will be enough to last through college and wonders if this is the last year of the Chicks With Sticks.

This book was okay at best. I read it because I had read the previou
Mary
Mar 19, 2010 Mary rated it it was amazing
Emma
Dec 09, 2014 Emma rated it really liked it
Overall, I think that Knitwise was a great book. Some parts had not-very-good words, so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone in elementary school. Elizabeth Lenhard puts a creative twist on these series, and makes the characters come to life, like friends.
In this edition of the Chicks with Sticks, three of the Chicks are getting ready for their college years. Amanda wants to go to a designer school, Bella wants to go to Harvard, and for most of the book, Scottie has no idea where her dream colle
LibraryDanielle
Aug 02, 2015 LibraryDanielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
while this is much better than the second, I must say I still don't like scottie much. she's self absorbed and waffley in this. I can understand the not wanting this to chance or move out of the comfort zone bit, but she takes it to the extreme.
Amy
Jun 15, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
This was much better than the second book in the series. I guess, as an adult, I just have more respect for the teen "what am I going to do with my life" drama than the "how do I get a boyfriend" drama.
Nettie
I love this series so much, I'm reading it again, already!
Great story about growinig frienships & knitting!
Yup, reading it . . . again! (1/26/2012)
The Library Lady
Feb 16, 2008 The Library Lady rated it really liked it
Wrapping up a series isn't alway easy,but I think Lenhard did a good job of it here. Each of her characters has gone through several years of finding their own voice, and there are enough believable twists and turns here to allow for a satisfying conclusion.

Yes, she does the "Baby Sitter's Club" thing of describing the girls and giving some background. But that would allow someone to read this book as a standalone, and I think they could. And since it's told in the third person, she doesn't make
Alison
Feb 28, 2015 Alison rated it liked it
I love the idea of being able to solve problems with friends while knitting in a shop. Maybe something for my bucket list.
Michele Martin
Jul 10, 2014 Michele Martin rated it liked it
I loved the series, but this last book felt like the author got tired and just cut off the second half of their senior year and summed it all up at the end. I got my answers, but abruptly.
Emma
Dec 05, 2012 Emma rated it it was amazing
It still amazes me how fast these chicks with sticks knit.

Scottie doesn't want to move forward, knowing that she has to leave her friends for college the following fall. Through trials, errors, and happy moments, the chicks are there, to help the chick in need. I love this wonderful story, with these four girls who go through similar things many others have gone through, but have each other and their knitting to help them guide their way.

I would love to know what happens to them after they all
Josie
Apr 27, 2014 Josie rated it really liked it
This last book is pretty much in the same line as the previous ones.

The main character Scotty, is stressing (view spoiler) She learns to deal with it in her own unique way.

It is still a good read, and I would more than likely read it again.
Amy
Apr 02, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-literature
I am a novice knitter so this book was a fun read. It follows a random collection of girls and shows how knitting brings them together and helps them work through some of their teen issues like unrequited crushes, losing a family member, and learning disabilities. It is definitely a chick book but a quick, fun read. For girls who like crafting this is a great read for them.
Connie
Jan 24, 2011 Connie rated it liked it
This is a book about a group of high school girls bonding together thru knitting. Because this is the 3rd book in the series, I would have probably enjoyed it more if I had read the other 2 but the author did a very good job of bringing the reader up to date on the characters. A good YA read.

FTC disclosure: I bought my copy of this book.
Trudy
Oct 23, 2013 Trudy rated it liked it
The third book in this series finds three of the girls facing their senior year and the choices they must make. I enjoyed the series, but I must say that these gals seem to have an uncommon amount of discretionary money and a lot of freedom with very little parental input. It may be hard for real teens to relate. (I hope!)
Kat
Jan 29, 2008 Kat rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2008, ya
Four pages written in IMspeak? Seriously?

This one started screaming BSC to me since it's the third in the series, and the narrator recapped each of their personalities at the beginning of the book. The story just didn't do much for me, though. In fact, I read it almost two weeks ago and can't even really remember the plot.
Myra
Aug 30, 2010 Myra rated it liked it
2.5 stars, really. I still haven't been able to pinpoint why, but I just didn't enjoy this one as much as the others in the series. Maybe it was the knee-deep teen-age angst. Or perhaps the spoiled girl being forced into society life. In any case, I read it, and in some ways, I'm glad they're off to college now:)
Lori
Jun 04, 2008 Lori rated it liked it
This was very babysitters club-ish, but it was a cute book. Maybe it was a little too young. I didn't realize it was the 3rd book in the series. You can read it in an hour or two. I did enjoy that the the patterns that the knitters worked on were included in the back.
Chade66
This was a fun, mostly fluffy, sometimes angsy YA novel. Quick read, I blasted through it in a couple of lunch hours at work. I read it because I like the "Chicks with Sticks" part of the title. Has four knitting patterns in the back.

I started with Book 3!!!!
Heather
Mar 23, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-this-book
I enjoyed the series. The excitment of what might come tommorrow, taking with you the memories of yesterday, and the ever growing love of your best friends.
Leah
Dec 04, 2009 Leah rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book as much as the other books. this book was kind of dispointting.
Lilly
Aug 29, 2009 Lilly rated it it was amazing
I want to read it so i can finish the C w/ Sticks series!
Crystal
Oct 17, 2011 Crystal rated it really liked it
This book was so much better then the second one.
Laurie
Oct 25, 2011 Laurie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Younger knitters
Recommended to Laurie by: Michelle Thalacker
Nice light reading. Good for some giggles.
Kelsey
Apr 28, 2015 Kelsey rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
A great finish to a fun series.
Diane Yomtov
Sep 22, 2011 Diane Yomtov rated it really liked it
I love this book and the sequel.
Natalie
Nov 29, 2008 Natalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Very fun! I hope she writes more :-)
Rachel
Nov 04, 2007 Rachel marked it as to-read
read the other two books first.
Tessa
Jul 15, 2008 Tessa rated it it was amazing
I love this whole series!
Emma the Dork
Sep 28, 2008 Emma the Dork rated it really liked it
great. loved it.
  • Knit in Comfort
  • Knitting
  • KnitLit: Sweaters and Their Stories...and Other Writing About Knitting
  • Knit One Pearl One (Jo Mackenzie, #3)
  • Greetings from Knit Cafe
  • The Sweetgum Knit Lit Society (Sweetgum Knit #1)
  • Knit, Purl, Die (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #2)
  • What I Call Life
  • How to Knit a Heart Back Home (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #2)
  • Things I Learned From Knitting (whether I wanted to or not)
  • Sweater Quest: My Year of Knitting Dangerously
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters' Guide: Stories, Patterns, Advice, Opinions, Questions, Answers, Jokes, and Pictures
  • A Treasury of Knitting Patterns
  • It Itches: A Stash of Knitting Cartoons
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • Big Book of Knitting
  • Wishing for Tomorrow: The Sequel to A Little Princess
  • Knitting with Balls: A Hands-On Guide to Knitting for the Modern Man

Chicks with Sticks (3 books)
  • (It's a Purl Thing) (Chicks with Sticks, #1)
  • Knit Two Together (Chicks with Sticks, #2)