Start by marking “Knitwise (Chicks with Sticks, #3)” as Want to Read:
Knitwise (Chicks with Sticks, #3)

Knitwise (Chicks with Sticks #3)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  250 ratings  ·  27 reviews
For Scottie, Amanda, Bella, and Tay, life in Chicago is all about seeking shelter. They�ve found it in the raggedy comfort of KnitWit, in their firelit stitch �n bitch at Joe�s, in the halls of their quirky private school, even in the arms of boyfriends.

But now the girls are staring down the end of high school. Fueled by the stresses of college applications and service pr

Published October 4th 2007 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Knitwise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitwise

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate JacobsThe Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie MacomberA Good Yarn by Debbie MacomberThe Knitting Circle by Ann HoodKnit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton
Good Yarns: Knitting Fiction
61st out of 118 books — 205 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Angel Experiment by James PattersonCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMonster Makers by C.V. Cook
Best Books for Kids Ages 10-17
78th out of 94 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily
I love this series. It's fun to think that there are girls like me out there, even if this is just fiction.
Snorkle
The third book in the Chicks With Sticks series. It is Scottie, Amanda, Bella and Tay's last year together, next fall they are off to college, with the exception of Tay, who still has one year left of high school. The refuge they have taken in knitting has helped them for the past couple of years, but Scottie doesn't know if it will be enough to last through college and wonders if this is the last year of the Chicks With Sticks.

This book was okay at best. I read it because I had read the previou
Mary
Emma
Overall, I think that Knitwise was a great book. Some parts had not-very-good words, so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone in elementary school. Elizabeth Lenhard puts a creative twist on these series, and makes the characters come to life, like friends.
In this edition of the Chicks with Sticks, three of the Chicks are getting ready for their college years. Amanda wants to go to a designer school, Bella wants to go to Harvard, and for most of the book, Scottie has no idea where her dream colle
Amy
This was much better than the second book in the series. I guess, as an adult, I just have more respect for the teen "what am I going to do with my life" drama than the "how do I get a boyfriend" drama.
The Library Lady
Wrapping up a series isn't alway easy,but I think Lenhard did a good job of it here. Each of her characters has gone through several years of finding their own voice, and there are enough believable twists and turns here to allow for a satisfying conclusion.

Yes, she does the "Baby Sitter's Club" thing of describing the girls and giving some background. But that would allow someone to read this book as a standalone, and I think they could. And since it's told in the third person, she doesn't make
Alison
I love the idea of being able to solve problems with friends while knitting in a shop. Maybe something for my bucket list.
Michele Martin
I loved the series, but this last book felt like the author got tired and just cut off the second half of their senior year and summed it all up at the end. I got my answers, but abruptly.
Emma
It still amazes me how fast these chicks with sticks knit.

Scottie doesn't want to move forward, knowing that she has to leave her friends for college the following fall. Through trials, errors, and happy moments, the chicks are there, to help the chick in need. I love this wonderful story, with these four girls who go through similar things many others have gone through, but have each other and their knitting to help them guide their way.

I would love to know what happens to them after they all
Josie
This last book is pretty much in the same line as the previous ones.

The main character Scotty, is stressing (view spoiler) She learns to deal with it in her own unique way.

It is still a good read, and I would more than likely read it again.
Amy
I am a novice knitter so this book was a fun read. It follows a random collection of girls and shows how knitting brings them together and helps them work through some of their teen issues like unrequited crushes, losing a family member, and learning disabilities. It is definitely a chick book but a quick, fun read. For girls who like crafting this is a great read for them.
Connie
This is a book about a group of high school girls bonding together thru knitting. Because this is the 3rd book in the series, I would have probably enjoyed it more if I had read the other 2 but the author did a very good job of bringing the reader up to date on the characters. A good YA read.

FTC disclosure: I bought my copy of this book.
Trudy
The third book in this series finds three of the girls facing their senior year and the choices they must make. I enjoyed the series, but I must say that these gals seem to have an uncommon amount of discretionary money and a lot of freedom with very little parental input. It may be hard for real teens to relate. (I hope!)
Kat
Four pages written in IMspeak? Seriously?

This one started screaming BSC to me since it's the third in the series, and the narrator recapped each of their personalities at the beginning of the book. The story just didn't do much for me, though. In fact, I read it almost two weeks ago and can't even really remember the plot.
Myra
2.5 stars, really. I still haven't been able to pinpoint why, but I just didn't enjoy this one as much as the others in the series. Maybe it was the knee-deep teen-age angst. Or perhaps the spoiled girl being forced into society life. In any case, I read it, and in some ways, I'm glad they're off to college now:)
Lori
This was very babysitters club-ish, but it was a cute book. Maybe it was a little too young. I didn't realize it was the 3rd book in the series. You can read it in an hour or two. I did enjoy that the the patterns that the knitters worked on were included in the back.
Chade66
This was a fun, mostly fluffy, sometimes angsy YA novel. Quick read, I blasted through it in a couple of lunch hours at work. I read it because I like the "Chicks with Sticks" part of the title. Has four knitting patterns in the back.

I started with Book 3!!!!
Heather
I enjoyed the series. The excitment of what might come tommorrow, taking with you the memories of yesterday, and the ever growing love of your best friends.
Leah
I didn't like this book as much as the other books. this book was kind of dispointting.
Lilly
I want to read it so i can finish the C w/ Sticks series!
Crystal
This book was so much better then the second one.
Laurie
Oct 25, 2011 Laurie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Younger knitters
Recommended to Laurie by: Michelle Thalacker
Nice light reading. Good for some giggles.
Diane Yomtov
I love this book and the sequel.
Natalie
Very fun! I hope she writes more :-)
Rachel
Nov 04, 2007 Rachel marked it as to-read
read the other two books first.
Tessa
I love this whole series!
Emma the Dork
great. loved it.
Jai
Jai marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
  • Knitting
  • What I Call Life
  • KnitLit: Sweaters and Their Stories...and Other Writing About Knitting
  • Knit, Purl, Die (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, #2)
  • The Sweetgum Knit Lit Society (Sweetgum Knit #1)
  • How to Knit a Heart Back Home (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #2)
  • Greetings from Knit Cafe
  • It Itches: A Stash of Knitting Cartoons
  • Sweater Quest: My Year of Knitting Dangerously
  • Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair: The True-Life Misadventures of a 30-Something Who Learned to Knit After He Split
  • Knit One Pearl One (Jo Mackenzie, #3)
  • Knit in Comfort
  • A Treasury of Knitting Patterns
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting: The Curious Knitters' Guide: Stories, Patterns, Advice, Opinions, Questions, Answers, Jokes, and Pictures
  • Free-Range Knitter: The Yarn Harlot Writes Again
  • A Killer Stitch (A Knitting Mystery, #4)
  • Skin Deep
  • Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More

Chicks with Sticks (3 books)
  • (It's a Purl Thing) (Chicks with Sticks, #1)
  • Knit Two Together (Chicks with Sticks, #2)
The Power of Five (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #1) (It's a Purl Thing) (Chicks with Sticks, #1) The Fire of Friendship (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #4) The Disappearance (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #2) Finding Meridian (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #3)