Start by marking “My First Airplane Ride” as Want to Read:
My First Airplane Ride

My First Airplane Ride

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A first airplane ride can be very exciting! Watching planes take off and land, going through security, walking the jet way, finding the right seat, watching out the window as the plane taxis down the runway, and flying up high in the sky and then, at the other end, Grandma waiting with a hug! Nancy Speir’s acrylic illustrations deftly interpret the wonder and joy of a chil ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Two Lions

To ask other readers questions about My First Airplane Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My First Airplane Ride

This book has brought a lot of comfort to my 3-year old daughter, who is about to take her very first ride on an airplane. In friendly, rhyming text, it describes those things that she's excited about (getting to eat snacks on the plane, watching a movie) and the things that's causing her anxiety (the airplane being noisy). It's also opened up a lot of discussion that we might not have had, like where the airplane wheels go when in flight. The book may not single-handedly calm all of her fears, ...more
Ina
A young boy and his mother are off to visit his grandmother and he describes each step of his first airplane ride. Rhyming text and bright illustrations made this a winner with my storytime audience.
Vanessa
Absolutely fantastic book to teach children about a first airplane ride. My 2.5 year old son adored it as we prepared for his first (since he was 4 months) trip across the country. We got to the airport and he knew what to expect and pointed out the things he recognized. He also knew that he HAD to take a nap on the plane not only because I told him so but the book proved it with pictures. He has made me borrow it from the library when we got back too. Now we shall buy it.

Highly recommend to pe
Becca
My First Airplane Ride is a way for children to see flying as no so scary. It covers every aspect of a day of traveling, and rhymes all the while. Although some children may never have flown before, it shows flying in a fun way for them to have something to look forward to. Great for first grade and below.
Denise
This is a great story for preschoolers to use for a transportation theme! This is entertaining look at each step involved in flying on a plane. The story begins with an invitation to visit grandma and ends with the little boy and grandma hand-in-hand.
Destiny Dawn Long
I borrowed this because my daughter has been really interested in airplanes. But she didn't really get all into it as a book. The writing is alright and the illustrations are alright... it just didn't really do anything for me.
Susan Erhardt
Cute illustrations -- good book for kids taking their first plane ride. I must say the plane in the book looks far roomier than any plane I've ever been on!
Vicki
If your child of age 3 or older may be taking their first airplane ride, this would be a great way they can see what it involves.
Katelyn
may use if take children's lit class; great story to comfort a first time flyer and turn flying into a fun experience
Rebecca
I loved the artwork and the story, but I couldn't get into the rhythm of the words, so it sounded odd.
Christie Suh
This story tells the account of a young boy's first airplane ride with his parents.
Devin L.
This story tells the account of a young boys first airplane ride with his parents.
The Library Lady
Pretty basic but attractive. And simple enough to read even with a small child.
Shan
Shan added it
Jan 19, 2015
Abdullah
Abdullah marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Tikyodtor
Tikyodtor marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Monique Coetzer
Monique Coetzer marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Aug 28, 2014
Claudie
Claudie marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Patricia Hubbell has been writing poetry since she was eleven years old.
In 1998, her Wrapping Paper Romp was selected as a Parents Magazine Book of the Year.
Patricia Hubbell lives with her husband, Harold Hornstein, in Easton, Connecticut, the small town where she was born.
Remembering how much their children and grandchildren loved to bounce when they were very young prompted her to write Bounc
More about Patricia Hubbell...
Cars: Rushing! Honking! Zooming! Trains: Steaming! Pulling! Huffing! Firefighters!: Speeding! Spraying! Saving! Snow Happy! Shaggy Dogs, Waggy Dogs