Start by marking “The Best of Nancy Drew Classic Collection” as Want to Read:
The Best of Nancy Drew Classic Collection

The Best of Nancy Drew Classic Collection

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Nancy Drew, the classic mystery-solving heroine, returns in these special-issue omnibus editions. Each collection features three bestselling, classic Nancy Drew mysteries.

The Best of Nancy Drew Classic Collection Volume 1

#1 The Secret of the Old Clock: Nancy Drew?s keen mind is tested when she searches for a missing will in this mystery that started them all.

#3 The Bun
Published May 11th 2004 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Best of Nancy Drew Classic Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best of Nancy Drew Classic Collection

Ashwin
I guess I'm too old for Nancy Drew now, which I used to lap up while I was in high school. Having nothing else to do during my vacation I read this book anyway.

The Secret Of The Old Clock is the first Nancy Drew mystery. Both this and The Bungalow Mystery are pretty amateurish. The Mystery Of The 99 Steps is somewhat more interesting.

Vinayageorge
This is all I used to read during my teenage years . I was obsessed !
LK Hunsaker
I didn't read Nancy Drew when I was younger. I can't remember whether I tried them at the time, although I think maybe I did after I read all of the Hardy Boys books I could find. Now I can see why I didn't. The writing of the HB mysteries is so much stronger (I just went back and checked). I found Keene's writing too elementary, too repetitive, and not horribly realistic. I only read the first story in this volume and I skimmed much of it, so maybe some of the others are better.
Astrid Lim
Nancy Drew, what a classic. In the middle of fantasies and pararoms, a good old classic mystery books is really refreshing. I almost forgot how clever, witty, and brave Nancy was.And how cool her mysteries were! Of course, they're not as mysterious as Trio Detektif - or adventurous as Blyton's books, but I still love the classic touch. I do hope I can find the second volume of this collection. And probably, start to collect all of the books, too!
Miriam
i loved these three stories and totaly recommed them to some people who like me love mystreies w/ great dangers and adventure espically the 3rd one called mystery of the 99 step or the 2nd the bungalow mystery (bungalow is a little summer house mainly next to lakes) so if you like thi tye of book totaly check it out
i really didn't say much because i kind of forgot them
Nandita
This book is awesome! i finished half of it in an hour! Carolyn Keen describes the climax so well, you get sucked in and you can't put it down! Try it guys its pretty good!
Angela
This is such a good book my mom read this when she was agir so it is cool how I am reading it now.
Rhiannon
It's got the Secret of the Old Clock, the Bungalow Mystery, and the Mystery of the 99 Steps.
Abbey Maksymovitch
Abbey Maksymovitch marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Jazz
Jazz marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Mybooks
Mybooks marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
princess jael
princess jael marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Siiri
Siiri marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Syd
Syd marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Silver
Silver marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Hayden
Hayden added it
Mar 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)