Start by marking “Uncivil Acts (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #10)” as Want to Read:
Uncivil Acts (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #10)

Uncivil Acts (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective #10)

A Civil War reenactment should be fun, right? Not in our town! It feels like war fever's taken over. The tension started to build when we all chose sides. Confederate and Union sympathizers never did mix. And if that wasn't enough to heat things up, someone started to secretly dig large holes in the battlefield. Pretty odd -- and very suspicious. Is someone waging a little ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Uncivil Acts, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
The Mystery at Lilac Inn by Carolyn KeeneThe Secret of Red Gate Farm by Carolyn KeeneThe Sign of the Twisted Candles by Carolyn KeenePassword to Larkspur Lane by Carolyn KeeneThe Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene
Everything Nancy Drew
119th out of 141 books — 11 voters
Model Undercover by Carina AxelssonCurse of the Arctic Star by Carolyn KeenePartners in Crime by Kim HarringtonRide a Dark Horse by Lynn HallThe Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Teen Detective Mysteries
32nd out of 57 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Sarah Crawford
Jan 18, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
2005 edition. This is the first Nancy Drew Girl Detective book that I bought. I was attracted to it because it deals with a Civil War reenactment, and I happen to be very interested in the Civil War and wanted to see what kind of a story for Nancy Drew it would make.

The town is going to hold a reenactment and the townspeople are choosing which side they wish to fight on. Reflecting the actual feeling in some towns of that time, the people are divided, the majority wanting to fight with the Unio
Masi Matthew
Jul 11, 2016 Masi Matthew rated it it was amazing
Another mystery again by Nancy Drew! When mysterious thing are happening at the Civil War reenactment like Mrs. Mahoney's car accident Nancy Drew has to solve the mystery. Other people are sure it's no case to be solved but when illegal fireworks are blown everybody up at the picnic and people are placing bombs at the confederate army yard, this Civil War reenactment is really getting out of hand!
Sydney
Apr 18, 2015 Sydney rated it it was ok
this book was really confusing all i know is that their is a war going on
Mayank
Jan 23, 2016 Mayank rated it liked it
Somewhat predictable but not that bad.
Ivana
Feb 24, 2013 Ivana rated it it was amazing
I have read the Nancy Drew book and it was amazing. This book had a lot of suspense and character into it. It really made you think hard on trying to figure out who commited the crime that was solved by Nancy Drew. The author did a really great job putting this book together and she earns a job well done.
♪♬Farheen♪♬
Oct 31, 2014 ♪♬Farheen♪♬ rated it really liked it
depletive
Apr 01, 2013 depletive rated it it was amazing
As I reread certain Nancy Drew books, I find myself loving Uncivil Acts over and over again, even though I'm Canadian and not American. The fact that it has a reenactment in the book just draws me to it, as I'm a fan of history fiction and history itself. Great re-read.
Andd Becker
Feb 22, 2013 Andd Becker rated it really liked it
This fast-moving story for eight- to twelve-year-old girls highlights Nancy Drew's sleuthing skills in the young detective's steadfast pursuit of the bad guy. A Civil War reenactment provides a history link. The genealogy theme can prompt a classroom discussion.
matilde
Mar 21, 2016 matilde rated it really liked it
3.75

This is the longest time it has ever taken me to read a Nancy Drew book. This is definitly not my favorite Nancy Drew book, but I did like it more this time reading it. Just think how much a history play can make so much trouble.
Lizzie
Aug 01, 2009 Lizzie rated it liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
I learned more about the civil war but it wasn't that great of a mystery. The beginning gave away the bad guy right away!
Peacerose
Jul 25, 2013 Peacerose rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I learned about the Civil War, but not my favorite Nancy Drew book.
Zelia
Oct 26, 2012 Zelia rated it really liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
took a while to get where it was heading.
PWRL
Aug 09, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Bidya Mohanty
Bidya Mohanty rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2016
Gina
Gina added it
Sep 18, 2016
Taylor Muffler
Taylor Muffler marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Kels
Kels added it
A.Hunt
A.Hunt added it
Uma Shankari
Uma Shankari rated it it was amazing
Komal Patel
Komal Patel rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Julia Basri
Julia Basri rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Frida
Frida added it
Aug 21, 2016
Tanishka
Tanishka marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Maryam
Maryam marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Maanvika Singh
Maanvika Singh marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
  • The Haunted Dollhouse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #3)
  • Flying Ace: Jack Fairfax, Royal Flying Corps, 1915-1918
  • The Klipfish Code
  • The Official Nancy Drew Handbook
  • Burned (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #6)
  • In My Enemy's House
  • Nancy Drew's Guide To Life
  • Power Play
  • Enemy in the Fort (American Girl History Mysteries, #13)
  • Danger at the Wild West Show (American Girl History Mysteries, #19)
  • Betrayal at Cross Creek (American Girl History Mysteries, #22)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew: Girl Detective (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Without a Trace (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #1)
  • A Race Against Time (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #2)
  • False Notes (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #3)
  • High Risk (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #4)
  • Lights, Camera... (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #5)
  • Action! (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #6)
  • The Stolen Relic (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #7)
  • The Scarlet Macaw Scandal (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #8)
  • Secret of the Spa (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #9)
  • Riverboat Ruse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #11)