Start by marking “Top Secret Recipes Lite!” as Want to Read:
Top Secret Recipes Lite!

Top Secret Recipes Lite!

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
With the new health-consciousness sweeping America, many of us feel we can no longer indulge in the tasty but guilt-inducing foods we grew up with. Todd Wilbur, who made a name for himself by allowing us to clone treats such as OreosTM and Outback Steakhouse Blooming OnionsTM in our own kitchens, now gives us back our cherished foods with reduced fat and calories. Not only ...more
Published November 1st 1998 by Plume (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Top Secret Recipes Lite!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top Secret Recipes Lite!

Cindy
Aug 22, 2009 Cindy rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: I wouldn't
Shelves: cookbooks
I would really give this about 1 1/2 stars. It was written in 1998, and you can tell. That was when everyone was still into the low-fat craze, before everyone started talking about 'good fat' and 'bad fat.' This book seems to be designed to cut all the fat possible out of every single recipe. Only once does the author acknowledge that some fat, namely Omega-3 fatty acids, is in fact good for you.

There are two main problems with the book. First, that he doesn't seem to realize that too many calor
Jan 09, 2016 Jennifer rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Noboby
I cannot say there is much to recommend here. As the other reviewer stated many of the recipes call for artificial ingredients (Butter Buds, egg sub., cheese sprinkle substitute-?). No way, thank you. If you really wanted to take the time, I am sure you could replace the fake ingredients with fresh.

The second issue being that many of the recipes are for prepared snacks & convenience foods you can easily buy at the supermarket. My guess the time & expense for most people to make their ow
Diana
May 26, 2016 Diana rated it really liked it
I love Todd Wilbur's fake fast food recipes, especially when they're at least slightly better for you than the originals. Some of the recipes in here are great, especially the KFC cole slaw and mashed potatoes. While some things just do not taste right, the "lite" Dolly Madison cakes. I will say there were more good than bad in this book and since it's an older book there are some recipes for things that are no longer on the menus of the various restaurants.
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Shelli L Phelps
Shelli L Phelps rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
J.C. Mullis
J.C. Mullis rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jan 08, 2016
Rhonda Hulse
Rhonda Hulse rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Mierban Wu
Mierban Wu marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
David Grimes
David Grimes marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Nancy Harrison
Nancy Harrison rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2015
Jb Dyer
Jb Dyer rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Tracy Webster
Tracy Webster marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Linda OKeefe
Linda OKeefe marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Tracy
Tracy added it
May 29, 2015
Terri Lynn
Terri Lynn marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Lina
Lina is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2015
Scott Nance
Scott Nance rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
M Roberts
M Roberts rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2015
Zee Saleem
Zee Saleem rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014