Start by marking “Dick and Jane: A Christmas Story” as Want to Read:
Dick and Jane: A Christmas Story

Dick and Jane: A Christmas Story

Share the holidays with Dick, Jane, Sally, Spot, and Puff. This charming oversized picture book features Dick, Jane, and Sally and Spot and Puff, too! The holidays are a time for family and togetherness, and what better way to spend your holiday than with Dick and Jane?
Published September 16th 2004 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Dick and Jane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dick and Jane

Linda Lipko
This lovely book brought back so many memories of learning to read. The Dick and Jane series was very popular class room material in the early 1950's. In simple, repetitive sentences, these classic books were the building foundational block for kindergarten and first grade.

In this book we see Dick, Jane, Sally and their pets in the snow, making snowmen, sledding and having fun. When each child becomes too cold, they go in the house and make Christmas cookies.

All too soon there are lots of cookie
Teri
Dec 10, 2014 Teri rated it really liked it
This brought back good memories. Loved the Dick and Jane books when I was a little girl. Large and fun illustrations. Dick, Jane, and Sally all take turns baking with Mother and playing out in the snow.
Vivian
Dec 22, 2010 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This works well for use in story time because of it's large size (easy to see the pictures)and it's simplicity. As a story performer you do NOT have to read the text exactly as it appears on the page. You can TELL the story (or "read" the pictures). On one of the pages there are pictured an entire table full of cookies. I invited the children to count the plates of cookies with me. They love doing this together. This collects the group to focusing together on the book.

My daughter received this b
Kimberly
Dec 04, 2015 Kimberly rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-favorites
The kids liked this book. I liked the pictures. It was a good book to read with the kids.
Sally
Jan 09, 2015 Sally rated it really liked it
Ahh - such memories from the Dick and Jane readers. Besides, there's Sally in this book!!
Heather
Dec 09, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
A cute story about wonderful holiday traditions (e.g., spending time with family and giving gifts) with the traditional Dick and Jane illustrations. The text isn't fantastic, but my daughter LOVES this book (she asks for it and we read it to her at least three times a day), so I gave it 4 stars.
Bob
Mar 12, 2008 Bob rated it liked it
My kids read it to me, so I like it.
Heather
31 months - Mmmm cookies!
Connor
Connor marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Carson
Carson added it
Aug 05, 2016
Kirsten Ruark
Kirsten Ruark rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
kim
kim marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Cynthia Urban
Cynthia Urban marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Salmon Family
Salmon Family rated it did not like it
Jan 28, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2016
Amanda Eisele
Amanda Eisele rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Taru
Taru marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
M Lee
M Lee rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2015
Fjdjf
Fjdjf rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Barbara Currie
Barbara Currie marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Sammy Chavez
Sammy Chavez rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Cynthia Young
Cynthia Young marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Gabe
Gabe rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2014