Start by marking “Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)

Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery #2)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,820 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Snag, Run, Rip...It's Sheer Murder! Murder at a Miami panty-hose convention? It's a perfect case for a sleuth with panache and great legs. Coming to trendy South Beach for a wedding, Regan Reilly meets the bride's favorite relative, the seventy-something Uncle Richie. He's also headed for a legwear bash with his newest invention: run-less nylons that women-and rival manufa ...more
Published August 1st 1994 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Snagged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snagged

Nancy
I enjoy this series of books. There were a lot of connections between people and organizations. A group of seniors had been living together, and the owner of the building had apparently been mugged and robbed, as she walked on the beach, and she died. She had signed papers giving the residents a year to buy the property. One group was trying to get the property to build a big resort on the Miami beach property. Another group of panty hose companies didn't want to see panty hose on the market, th ...more
Hannah
2.5 stars. I mentioned in my review for the first book that I had hoped to get to know more about Regan Reilly, the protagonist, because we know surprisingly little about her other than the fact that she’s a licensed private investigator. In fact, we haven’t even gotten to see her in action so far; she seems to be more like a spectator or babysitter in these mysteries, despite all these references to her having active experience in dangerous cases. Unfortunately, Regan was no more developed in t ...more
Genie
Los Angeles based PI Regan Reilly is in Miami for a friend's wedding. She befriends the bride's uncle, Richie Blossom, who has invented seemingly indestructible pantyhose. He hopes to sell his patent to a manufacturer and use the money to buy the retirement home where he and his friends live. After numerous tries, he finally receives a letter of interest from one company.
A year earlier the residents acquired an option to buy the home from the owner. Before a final agreement could be worked ou
Madalynn
I liked this book. I prefer her mothers books because they have more mystery but it was good. Surprising there was mystery in it. I was surprised by that because of the book it about this panty hose thing. The author was very creative about how she tied in the mystery with it. The way that people were trying to like murder or injure the inventor of a runproof snag proof hose because they want it was kind of different. Her books aren't nearly as good as her mothers. Her plot isn't that good and ...more
Connie
SNAGGED by Carol Higgins Clark is 306 pages long in paperback format. It is #2 in A Regan Reilly Mystery.

Brief Description:

Murder at a Miami panty-hose convention? It's a perfect case for a sleuth with panache and great legs. Coming to trendy South Beach for a wedding, Regan Reilly meets the bride's favorite relative, the seventy-something Uncle Richie. He's also headed for a legwear bash with his newest invention: run-less nylons that women and rival manufacturers -- would kill for!

After two a
Monica
I realized as I was reading Snagged that I had started reading this book once before. I don't remember ever finishing the book the last time and I don't know why. I believe it had belonged to someone else and I think I had just picked it up and started reading it at my old job a few years ago. Now that I have my own copy I was able to read it through.

Snagged is number 2 in the Reagan Riley mystery series. When I read this one I didn't feel that you needed to read the first one prior to reading
Lauren
I'm not entirely sure what it is about these books that kind of irritates me, but I think it might be Regan and her sarcastic internal monologues. I love sarcasm, but hers just grates my nerves, moreso in "Snagged" than in "Decked," and I'm just not sure I want to go on with this series. All the other reviews I've read sy the series gets better as it goes along and I must say I enjoyed 2010's "Wrecked," quite a bit more than I'm liking this one.

Regan Reilly I find to be kind of annoying and this
Christyn
Snagged was okay. Like it's predecessor it was somewhat interesting and entertaining but nothing stand out. Unfortunately Snagged doesn't have any improvements to the series that I wanted to see, in fact it suffers from some of the same things the first book did. Not enough character development, especially with the supposed 'lead' Regan, too many characters that didn't have a lot to do with the main plot being given their own perspectives, and an easily guessable mystery, with not even a littl ...more
Carol  MacInnis
Regan Reilly, thirty year old private investigator is going to Miami, Florida to be a bridesmaid for her childhood friend Maura Durkin. Also, in addition to the wedding, Regan's mortician father will also be attending a convention and her mother, a mystery writer. Maura's favorite Uncle Richie Blossom who resides at the Fourth Quarter old folks home along with twenty-seven other people are at risk of losing the home they all retired to. They had purchased an option on the property last year and ...more
Joyce McKune
Simple, quick read. If you are looking for something to take to the beach (or back yard) next summer, this series would be fun.
This time Regan was visiting Miami to be a bridesmaid for a an old friend. Both their fathers are in the Mortuary business and there was a convention of morticians so Regan's parents were also there. In adjoining conference rooms was a panty-hose convention.
Laura Beasley
I give this book 3.5 stars. Enjoyable read and quick. Liked the characters and story moved quickly. Good light summer read. Regan Reilly goes to Florida for a wedding. While there she gets with the brides uncle who has invented the "perfect" panty hose that he wants to sell and use The money to buy the apartment complex he and others are living in. Attempts are made on his life and regain comes to the rescue. Can she keep him?
Lauren Risher

Regan Reilly I find to be kind of annoying and this
Natalie
This was another fast fun read by Carol Higgins Clark. I'm working through these books in order (I really prefer reading books in order, otherwise I get very annoyed :-), and I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed Decked. Regan Reilly has a fun view of life, and I like her parents a whole lot too. I liked how there were a lot of people worked into this book who had an interest in the story line. Slowly but surely the steps they took to get to the climactic scene were shared. Finally we got to ...more
Nancy Baughan
I love the Regan Reilly mysteries by Carol Higgins Clark, and this did not disappoint. Quick, one day read, with memorable characters.
Jenni
Not exciting at all. Had to skip through it to finish it. I like mysteries but this was just boring.
Daniel Groth
This is Carol Higgins Clark's second book in her Regan Reilly series and it is a whole lot better than her first book "Decked."
Erika Harris
One of the Regan Reilly books - early on - it would've been better had I not kept getting interruped. It drug out a little but the last third or quarter was pretty good. Carol Higgins Clark got better with Regan's suspense as books went on.
Anne
Tonya
A pleasant, fast paced mystery.
Linda
Oct 06, 2009 Linda rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Linda by: ex-library book
Shelves: own
Not much better than her first book, I'm even more convinced the reason she got published is because of who her mother is (Mary Higgins Clark). This book concerns a relative of Regan Reilly who invents a seeminly indestructable panty hose. The relative needs the money from his product to save the senior housing he and his friends share from foreclosure.

CHC continues to write trite formulaic stories. Dialogue is stilted and unnatural. The plot seems stolen from a "C" made-for-cable-TV script.
Teresa B
Apr 14, 2010 Teresa B rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys fiction
Shelves: mystery
I liked this 2nd book in the Regan Reilly mysteries better than Decked, the 1st one. Clark's characters interact with irony, flirtation, and genuine affection. Of course, she also throws in some suspicious malevolent individuals along with a few old fashioned grouches. This mystery "knits" together the dichotomous elements of a wedding, a funeral convention, and the elusive, expensive hunt for perfect, run-free pantyhose!
Dorinda Abner
I really enjoyed this book. It was easy to read, and easy to follow. Some mysteries have too many twists and turns to keep up with, but this one had just enough to keep it interesting. The ending was not a disappointment like some books I have read. I thoroughly enjoyed it and plan to read more by this author. I was interested to learn that she is Mary Higgins Clark's daughter. A quick easy read, just what I was looking for.
I've realized that my favorite kinds of books are fairy tales and mysteries! Since this is a mystery, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as I hoped. The main character is a detective, but she doesn't do any detecting worth mentioning. The idea of the story, a man inventing a snag-proof pantyhose and being attacked by people who want it, is novel, but I think the writing style is a bit unpolished.
Wanda
I think I like Carol Higgins Clark's mysteries better than Mary Higgins Clark's because they're not as intense. MHC is a fine writer, maybe better than her daughter but sometimes I get too tense reading her stories. CHC's books have humor in the stories as well. This one is a cute little story about a pantyhose convention, a funeral convention and a wedding. Fun story.
Russ Cross
Jan 21, 2014 Russ Cross rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of light mystery.
A nice, light, fun read. Very enjoyable.
LJ
SNAGGED - Poor
Clark, Carol Higgins - 2nd in Regan Reilly series

The spunky sleuth from Decked returns. A pantyhose convention in Miami takes a deadly turn as someone tries to kill the inventor of run-less pantyhose. Murder is afoot and Regan Reilly is on the case; the clues are opaque and the plotting is seamless.

Tripe.
Amber
This is her second book she every wrote. I have decided to read all her books in order (you don't have too). I love how her chapters are really short, which makes you fly through the books. This one wasn't my favourite of hers, but she is always good. If you like crime, with some twists in it, she is the author to read.
Juana
This is another of the Regan Reilly series. Regan's friend has invented a snag-proof, run-proof, stain-proof, well fitting PANTYHOSE! The fun starts when a famous pantyhose company tries to snatch the patent to the hose. Regan tries to help her friend stay alive in the shark infested waters of corporate espionage.
Gerald Curtis
Reading this book was a nice accident. I had mistakenly thought it was a Mary Higgins Clark book. After enjoying the story, I discovered that Carol is the daughter of the more famous mother, Mary, and seems to be following in her footprints very nicely. I am pleased to discover the extra resource.
Julie
Another fluffy mystery. Again, Regan Reilly, private investigator out of Los Angeles and her parents are, too. I must admit the whole idea of a pantyhose convention and a hose that doesn't snag, stain or break was a novel idea for a novel. Likeable characters and simple mystery.
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Nobody Knows (KEY News #5)
  • Set Sail for Murder (Henrie O, #7)
Carol Higgins Clark (1956– ) is an American mystery author. She is also the daughter of author Mary Higgins Clark , with whom she has co-authored novels, and the former sister-in-law of author Mary Jane Clark.

Born in New York City, Clark received her B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1978 and then studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. She is the author of the Regan Reilly mystery series.
More about Carol Higgins Clark...
Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1) Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9) Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3) Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10) Zapped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)