Start by marking “Earth Has No Sorrow” as Want to Read:
Earth Has No Sorrow

Earth Has No Sorrow (Lily Connor #2)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In addition to running her Women's Center in downtown Boston, Episcopalian priest Lily Connor is serving on an ecumenical council studying anti-Semitism in the church. But when one of the council-sponsored events is disrupted by a vicious hate crime and a dear friend disappears, Lily is thrown into the middle of a dangerous game that will not only test her faith, but put e ...more
Published June 4th 2002 by Berkley (first published June 4th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Earth Has No Sorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earth Has No Sorrow

Patty
This book has been on my shelf forever. I wanted to take something with me on my trip that I would not feel obligated to bring back - so this went into my luggage. I am so glad. What a fortuitous choice. First of all I am at a church conference and religion is so important in this book. But more importantly, this book held my interest through our three hour delay in the airport.

I had heard that this series was good which explains why it was on my shelf, but I had no idea I would like the main ch
Sheri Lutz
May 28, 2014 Sheri Lutz rated it really liked it
Lily Connor, Episcopalian priest, makes an interesting sleuth. Blake's first mystery featuring her had more substance, more literary allusions, more theological musings. I missed that in this 2nd mystery in the series and hope she'll return to that level of writing. Yep, I feel less guilty and more satisfied reading a mystery if I learn something about another culture or another tradition.
Margaret S.
an interesting exploration of the Holocaust via a fascinating character, Anna. Interesting growth of Lily as a character as she investigates Anna's disappearance.
Scilla
Feb 12, 2013 Scilla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lily, a priest living in Boston, who wears cowboy boots and jeans, is running a Women's Center. In her work on an ecumenical council studying anti-semitism she encounters a hate crime in a church at during an event. Her mentor Anna, thinks she might know who is involved. Shortly thereafter, Anna disappears. Lily and Charlie (a monk who helped plan the event) go to the police and then begin trying to find where Anna has gone. Lily goes to Anna's hometown and meet the young caretaker of Anne's hou ...more
Julie Golding Page
Jun 01, 2009 Julie Golding Page rated it liked it
I liked this mystery, starring a female Episcopal priest, somewhat better than the first in the series. It's interesting to follow her conflicted thoughts about her "calling" as a priest, and it was even more interesting to listen in on her thoughts about God. The star character is a very liberal person who has, quite unintentionally, lost her faith through the experiences of going to seminary and then becoming a cleric. It's enlightening reading even for this aspect alone.
Barbaracase
Jul 26, 2015 Barbaracase rated it it was ok
This series turned into a series of romances rather than mysteries and I've abandoned the rest of the series. Was hoping for more about churches, clergy and spirituality (central character is a minister) but these took an early turn elsewhere.
Nancy Bowen
Dec 29, 2012 Nancy Bowen rated it liked it
2nd in The Reverend Lily Connor series. My review is the same as for the first in the series, The Tentmaker. Lily is tedious and the plot improbable.
Shirley
Nov 02, 2008 Shirley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Always like Michelle Blake, the Episcopal priest in Boston who finds herself in the midst of mysteries, but this one especially good.
Ellen
Lily Connor #2
Anthony
Anthony rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Ida Louise
Ida Louise rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Julie
Julie added it
Nov 01, 2015
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Maria Lima
Maria Lima marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Nicola Short
Nicola Short marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2015
Mike
Mike added it
Mar 22, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Kathy
Kathy added it
Mar 03, 2015
Mary Anne
Mary Anne rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2015
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Katharine
Katharine rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2015
Elizabeth B
Elizabeth B rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Marcela Fabreti de Oliveira
Marcela Fabreti de Oliveira rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2015
Minrose
Minrose marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Michelle Blake
Michelle Blake rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Andrea Engle
Andrea Engle rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Michelle Blake, who has also published under the name Michelle Blake Simons, is a poet and writer whose work has appeared in Ploughshares, Southern Review, and other publications. She received a master of fine arts degree from Goddard College and a master of theological studies degree from Harvard Divinity School, and at one time seriously considered becoming an Episcopal priset. Blake teaches at ...more
More about Michelle Blake...

Lily Connor (3 books)