Start by marking “Earth Has No Sorrow” as Want to Read:
Earth Has No Sorrow

Earth Has No Sorrow

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In this sequel to the critically-acclaimed The Tentmaker, Episcopalian priest Lily Connor seeks to find a friend who may be a victim of a vicious hate crime.
Published June 4th 2002 by Berkley (first published June 4th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Earth Has No Sorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earth Has No Sorrow

Patty
This book has been on my shelf forever. I wanted to take something with me on my trip that I would not feel obligated to bring back - so this went into my luggage. I am so glad. What a fortuitous choice. First of all I am at a church conference and religion is so important in this book. But more importantly, this book held my interest through our three hour delay in the airport.

I had heard that this series was good which explains why it was on my shelf, but I had no idea I would like the main ch...more
Sheri Lutz
Lily Connor, Episcopalian priest, makes an interesting sleuth. Blake's first mystery featuring her had more substance, more literary allusions, more theological musings. I missed that in this 2nd mystery in the series and hope she'll return to that level of writing. Yep, I feel less guilty and more satisfied reading a mystery if I learn something about another culture or another tradition.
Scilla
Lily, a priest living in Boston, who wears cowboy boots and jeans, is running a Women's Center. In her work on an ecumenical council studying anti-semitism she encounters a hate crime in a church at during an event. Her mentor Anna, thinks she might know who is involved. Shortly thereafter, Anna disappears. Lily and Charlie (a monk who helped plan the event) go to the police and then begin trying to find where Anna has gone. Lily goes to Anna's hometown and meet the young caretaker of Anne's hou...more
Julie Golding Page
I liked this mystery, starring a female Episcopal priest, somewhat better than the first in the series. It's interesting to follow her conflicted thoughts about her "calling" as a priest, and it was even more interesting to listen in on her thoughts about God. The star character is a very liberal person who has, quite unintentionally, lost her faith through the experiences of going to seminary and then becoming a cleric. It's enlightening reading even for this aspect alone.
Nancy Bowen
2nd in The Reverend Lily Connor series. My review is the same as for the first in the series, The Tentmaker. Lily is tedious and the plot improbable.
Shirley
Always like Michelle Blake, the Episcopal priest in Boston who finds herself in the midst of mysteries, but this one especially good.
Minrose
Minrose marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Martie
Martie added it
Nov 16, 2012
Elyn
Elyn added it
Aug 29, 2012
Jessica Walton
Jessica Walton is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2012
Ann
Ann added it
Apr 21, 2012
Michelle Blake, who has also published under the name Michelle Blake Simons, is a poet and writer whose work has appeared in Ploughshares, Southern Review, and other publications. She received a master of fine arts degree from Goddard College and a master of theological studies degree from Harvard Divinity School, and at one time seriously considered becoming an Episcopal priset. Blake teaches at...more
More about Michelle Blake...
The Tentmaker The Book of Light Untitled Blake The Book of Light