Start by marking “How To Enjoy Your Life And Your Job” as Want to Read:
How To Enjoy Your Life And Your Job

How To Enjoy Your Life And Your Job

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  821 ratings  ·  52 reviews
UNCOVER YOUR HIDDEN ASSETS -- YOU CAN FILL EACH DAY WITH EXCITEMENT AND A SENSE OF SATISFACTION!
Even if you love your work, you probably have days when almost nothing goes right. Bestselling author Dale Carnegie shows you how to make every day more exciting and rewarding -- how you can get more done, and have more fun doing it. Dale Carnegie's time-tested advice will hel
Published January 2nd 1990 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 1955)

To ask other readers questions about How To Enjoy Your Life And Your Job, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Enjoy Your Life And Your Job

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran FoerEverything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran FoerCoraline by Neil GaimanHow to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie1984 by George Orwell
Wordy Cover Arts
10th out of 92 books — 15 voters
الجحيم by Dan BrownThe Fiery Heart by Richelle MeadThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadSilver Shadows by Richelle Meadساق البامبو by سعود السنعوسي
to Read in 2014
21st out of 22 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Nada
Be yourself. Clean your table of papers. Concetrate to one problem solving. Solve your problem just now. Learn how to relax.Don't criticize, be honest and sincere, talk about what people want to listen ....
Don The Idea Guy Snyder
This book contains content blended from two Dale Carnegie books: "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and "How to Stop Worrying and Enjoy Life." I'd already read "How to Win Friends" less than a year ago, so the content was relatively fresh in my mind and it seemed like the majority of this book contains content from that volume. I really enjoy the pieces that were from "How to Stop Worrying" and I'll need to add that book to my list, because I would have liked to have more of it within thi ...more
Lane Dockstader
Maybe if you don't like your job, you should change it! (smile) We all have those days, where we don't like the situation we are in. If we are in the right place as far as our job or circumstances, than maybe we need to look at the bright side of things, create a positive attitude, and go from there.
Lindsay
Dec 31, 2008 Lindsay marked it as to-read
i need to learn how to love my job...
Maaha
Aug 02, 2010 Maaha added it
wonderfulllll its really nice.
Kressel Housman
I previously read, though didn't finish, How to Win Friends and Influence People, so I knew I liked Dale Carnegie's casual writing style and very much agreed with his advice. But much of this book is made up of excerpts from How to Win Friends, so it was a bit redundant for me. I also questioned the advice more on this read than on my previous one, which is largely because of the advice of Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office. I suppose some middle path between the books is the right balance. ...more
Deirdre
This is selections from How to Win Friends and Influence People and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. Basically the condensed versions in order to cash in on Dale Carnegie's popularity and as a quick introduction to some of the concepts. A bit dated in some of the ways things are presented, I'm more used to less verbiage from this sort of book, but otherwise quite readable.

Interesting view of how teaching other people well can reflect well on your work and home life.
thatLeo.com
Most of the content is from Dale Carnegie's 'How to Stop Worrying and Star Living' and 'How to Win Friends & Influence People'. If you have already read those two, I suggest you to skip this book.

But it's a short book and reading those anecdotes on famous people including Abraham Lincoln, one more time, can only help.

~ThatLeo.com
Leader Summaries
Desde Leader Summaries recomendamos la lectura del libro Cómo disfrutar de la vida y del trabajo, de Dale Carnegie.
Las personas interesadas en las siguientes temáticas lo encontrarán práctico y útil: habilidades directivas, comunicación e influencia, reducir las preocupaciones y el estrés.
En el siguiente enlace tienes el resumen del libro Cómo disfrutar de la vida y del trabajo, Técnicas para encontrar el placer en el trabajo y en la vida y para comunicarse mejor con los demás: Cómo disfruta
Keith Sorensen
I'm not gonna lie. Much of the material in this book is old-fashioned, pie in the sky and, "good ol' days" cliche. I found myself being cynical a lot, especially in the opening chapters, thinking, "It'd be really great if this still worked, but Dale Carnegie just isn't relevant to the 21st century."

That said, the more I read, the more I think it is still possible to get what you want and need out of your life and career by following Mr. Carnegie's advice. At very least, you'll feel good about y
Sarah Dorra
Teaches you important things about life through simple, everyday stories.
Kay
This is actually quite good.
Aga Yudha
Cerita2nya eye catching....
Christian Pramudia
Beberapa dari kita mungkin sering bermasalah dengan komunikasi dengan orang lain, baik dalam pekerjaan atau dalam hidup ini. Kita ingin mengubah kebiasaan orang lain yang menjengkelkan, tapi kita tidak bisa. Kita ingin mengkritik orang lain tapi ternyata malah membuat dia terluka atau bahkan kita sendiri yang lantas menjadi sakit hati. Kita sering merasa bosan dengan rutinitas kita setiap hari. Selalu begitu. Semua membosankan. Gimana nih, solusinya?

Dalam buku ini kita akan belajar bagaiamana me
Salma Kamal
I think this book didn't add much to me .it is more of like a combination of many topics mentioned in several books and the author put it in one book. the information mentioned are very true but they have been mentioned in other books, novels, even poems..I think for me this book was more of like a summary or a reminder to day-to-day actions to stay happy or at least not to get disappointing eaily
Digvijay Singh
I have owned it since I was a child. The whole Dale Carnegie collection gifted to me by my father made a great impression on me. This book is still as relevant today as it was to the lives of those in whose time this classic came out. A much better written work than some of the self-help smelly stuff that comes out these days. You will definitely enjoy the book thoroughly.
Mohamed
One of the best books i've ever read, i think if there'll be a simple improvement for me in daily dealings with people, this book will have a tole in that change.

The other i discovered about this book, that dealing with people and make them feel happy and to give a long lasting impression is easy if you slow down your actions and thinking before doing them, if you do so you'll then feel that conversion made in your life and impressions.

Also i find and based on what i learned and read in this boo
هبة البشير
كنت قد اغتررت بنفسي وتوقفت منذ زمن طويل عن القراءة في كتب علم النفس اعتقادًا بمعرفتي العميقة في ذلك حتى صفعني هذا الكتاب! الجميل فيه أنه يجعلك تنظر للمواقف وردود الأفعال والسلوكيات من جانب الطرف الآخر لا أنت، ويلفت نظرك لدقائق لم تكن لتراها دون تأمل في طبيعة النفس البشرية وتصرفاتها. الكتاب خفيف ومليء بالقصص الواقعية لشرح كل فكرة مكتوبة، وفيه من النصائح المجربة الكثير.
-----
اقتباس: "لا يوجد أحد في مثل تعاسة ذلك الشخص الذي يتمنى أن يكون شخصًا آخر، وشيئًا آخر غير نفسه وذاته".
Nippon
E' la FOTOCOPIA de "Come trattare gli altri e farseli amici".
Mi ha deluso, in quanto speravo di trovare un libro diverso. E' UN FURTO PUBBLICARE DUE LIBRI UGUALI, MA CON TITOLI DIVERSI. Sono certa che questo tranello sia opera di qualche suo allievo!!
Charles M.
Selections from author's blockbuster bestsellers of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living". As usual, Carnegie gives many helpful tips!
Gabi Udrescu
awesome book. I'll print the headlines of each chapter and frame them on the wall of my office. I think they'll make a good everyday motto.
Ahmad Sharabiani
عنوان: آیین کامیابی؛ نویسنده: دیل کارنگی؛ مترجم: علی اکبر کسمائی؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران: نشر ص‍ف‍ی‌ع‍ل‍ی‍ش‍اه‌‏‫، ۱۳۳۴.‬‬ در 230 ص
Ali Addow
بكل اختصار أنصح بقراءته و سأكرر قراءته مرة أخرى كتاب رائع جدا في كيفية التعامل مع الآخرين
Bushra
Only if I had the choice of introducing a mandatory course in our school, college or unis or even at workplace, I would make learning to "live well with People" a mandatory course and Dale Carnnegie , the master trainer. Don't get confused with the silly titles of his books, no book has actually made me understand the human as good as that. It's highly recommended to all yo professional and executives out there who are genuinely interested in relationship management, in and outside the workplace ...more
Ahmed Korayem
This is my first book to read for Dale Carnegie and probably the last. I expected more depth and brighter ideas. Although it contains some useful insights, the book was a big disappointment for me.
Jason Caldwell
The advice in this book is priceless. The book is full of stories about great leaders and everyday people who applied basic principles in their dealings with others and the positive results that emanated from such actions. The only thing I regret is after years of doing the exact opposite it is difficult to remember to implement the advice and principles in the critical moments. This is one book that would be worth reading frequently to help you remember and slowly help you make each suggestion ...more
Panji Laksono
buku yang lumayan bagus,. kisah-kisahnya cukup menginspirasi, walopun cerita jaman purba kalo boleh dibilang. (Orang jaman-jamanx Roosevelt, Carles Schwab, dll. :P)
terutama buat yang merasa suntuk dengan hidupnya, khususnya pekerjaannya..
udah q beli hampir setahun, belum kelar juga (khas aq bgt), skg dibawa temen, yang rasa-rasanya lebih membutuhkan,dan kayaknya walopun baru seminggu dia dah selesai, orang cuman bbrp halaman gt.
Just enjoy it, n moves forward to be a better man *,^
Bobifred
mmmmmm is ok
Tuti Alawiyah
Dalam buku ini, kita akan menemukan banyak strategi untuk menikmati kehidupan kita, tidak membiarkan tekanan dan kesedihan selalui menghantui hari-hari kita. Ketika membaca buku ini,seolah-olah saya sedang dihadapan seorang Dale Carnegie, bukan dihadapan sebuah buku. Buku ini mampu merasakan apa yang saya rasakan, dan mampu memberi jalan keluar dari apa yang mengganjal dalam kehidupan saya.

Buku pengembangan diri terbaik dari buku-buku yang pernah saya baca.
Agostina
si bien es un libro de fácil lectura, muy coloquial y llena de ejemplos, lo bueno del libro es que deja abiertas muchas opciones para seguir investigando sobre el tema que más nos haya llamado la atención.
lo malo son los ejemplos, en verdad no por lo que comentan en sí, sino porque se nota que el libro tiene muchos años y no pudo adaptarse al cambio generacional y actitudinal que existe en la sociedad.
  • The Power Of Creative Intelligence
  • Procrastination: Why You Do It, What To Do About It
  • Psychologist's book of self-test: 25 Love, Sex, Intelligence, Career, And Personality Tests
  • You Can If You Think You Can
  • It Works
  • The Magic of Getting What You Want
  • The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success
  • Secrets Of Self-Made Millionaires
  • Skill With People
  • The Art of Exceptional Living
  • Amazing Laws of Cosmic Mind Power: Fifteen Simple Laws to Help You Achieve Your Goals and Reach New Levels ofPersonal Fulfillment
  • The Success System That Never Fails
  • Mission: Success!
  • Making Friends
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • The Psychology of Persuasion: How to Persuade Others to Your Way of Thinking
  • Make Yourself Unforgettable: How to Become the Person Everyone Remembers and No One Can Resist
  • Personal Development for Smart People: The Conscious Pursuit of Personal Growth
Dale Breckenridge Carnegie (originally Carnagey until 1922 and possibly somewhat later) (November 24, 1888 – November 1, 1955) was an American writer and lecturer and the developer of famous courses in self-improvement, salesmanship, corporate training, public speaking and interpersonal skills. Born in poverty on a farm in Missouri, he was the author of How to Win Friends and Influence People, fir ...more
More about Dale Carnegie...
How to Win Friends and Influence People How to Stop Worrying and Start Living How to Develop Self-Confidence And Influence People The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking The Leader In You: The Leader In You

“A drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall.” 3 likes
“Never be bothered by what people say, as long as you know in your heart you are right.” 3 likes