Start by marking “The Life of Reilly” as Want to Read:
The Life of Reilly

The Life of Reilly

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Lynn Reilly has landed her dream job as a schoolteacher on beautiful Treasure Island. She should be happy as a clam, but someone is keeping her from enjoying her new life. Her nutty aunt Delphine is determined to set her up with her very eligible (and very cute) neighbor, Reverend Jack Marks. The only problem is...Delphine is a ghost.

A meddling aunt is one thing. A relativ
Published August 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Life of Reilly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life of Reilly

Magpie67
While not as good as Hurricane Hannah, it did have Buster the Alligator... and a talking bird. It's an island and refuge for both parties who fall in love. Both have been jilted. One, a preacher, decided religion was about delivering messages from God to live a better life than what was good for the church of the parish he was working for... money talked there but Mark wasn't interested in that and he left the parish and the prestige... so did his fiance. She was all about the prestige, the name ...more
Tina
Hero: 4/10
Heroine: 3/10
Romance: 3/10
Humor: 1/10
Pace: 4/10
Secondary Characters: 5/10

Overall, I'm not very impressed with this book. There's a lot of mistakes, that I was surprised to find in a paperback from a big name publisher. These are mistakes I expect to see in ebooks from lazy authors/publishers that can't be bothered to check stuff first. There's even a mistake in the blurb on the back of the book! The characters were pretty bland. Nothing jumped out and "wow"ed me. And I actually was dis
Freud's Nightmare
It seems that the author(s) tried to push multiple agendas at the expense of the plot; agendas which got muddled together as a result. Other than exposure to some very out-of-place theoretical concepts regarding religion and science – subjects poorly suited for the fluff that the book was clearly intended to be – the sporadic comedic elements were the sole redeeming qualities. Basically the ecology, physics, and religious themes were likely too intense to appeal to the readers who typically seek ...more
Sandie
This was a cute book! I love Buster the Alligator and his talking parrot buddy. I am looking forward to reading the sequel to this book.

I thought it was a very amusing and original storyline but it was very slow at times for me and didn't always hold my attention. Towards the end though, it picked up quite a bit.

I enjoyed the lifestyle the author portrayed on the island, so carefree and relaxed and that the Reverend was not all uptight but just as relaxed as the island life.
Luann
This book was pretty much what I expected it to be - pure fluff. You know the story - boy meets girl, blah, blah, blah - girl's dead aunt haunts her. You heard it right - the ghost of her dead aunt. Oh, and did I mention the talking bird and ultra-friendly alligator? I'm not usually a fan of romance stories and now I remember why. It was cute, but also rather predictable.
Ratforce
If you enjoyed the supernatural elements of Twenties Girl , then you might also like another story about a well-meaning but meddlesome ghost. The Life of Reilly has the same warmhearted, light, and funny feel as Twenties Girl , complete with a ghost determined to improve our heroine’s life.
Shannon
This was a cute book - kind of like cotton candy for the brain - but a decent little romance. Lynn Reilly, the new tropical island school teacher falls in love with her neighbor, Jack Marks, the island's pastor. Basically a quick and easy romance.
Janice
The book was slow and didn't hold my interest enough to make me want to finish it. It had the makings of a cute story if the author had expanded on the humorous elements.
Jenn Ingram
So the one star is for the talking parrott and the friendly alligator. That's about all this book had going for it. I would like to see more of Buster the alligator though. :)
Shannon Bradley
This was a cute book but I felt that it left out some details that would have helped it make more sense. I also felt like the ending was a bit anticlimactic.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Not nearly as fun and engaging as Hurricane Hannah, this book was kind of boring. The best characters were the alligator and the bird.
Googlehead69
Sort of book that I don't want to admit to enjoying, but I read 100 pages of it this morning, and am looking forward to the next 100......
Dawn
Kind of cute. A quick read with a good enough story.
Ann (Noumena12)
This book is fine...nothing to get too excited about.
JUB
JUB marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Adeline
Adeline marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Bella Rose Jones
Bella Rose Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Barbara Bottomley
Barbara Bottomley marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Feb 11, 2015
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Hurricane Hannah Catching Kelly Letting Loose Chasing Rainbow Tempting Mr. Wright