Start by marking “Eating Our Hearts Out: Personal Accounts of Women's Relationship to Food” as Want to Read:
Eating Our Hearts Out: Personal Accounts of Women's Relationship to Food

Eating Our Hearts Out: Personal Accounts of Women's Relationship to Food

The author of Fat Chance and SomeBody to Love: A Guide to Loving the Body You Have presents 92 personal accounts by women of all ages and walks of life, who tell stories of their past and present problems with food, their childhood traumas, how their lives have been affected, and their visions of the future.
Published March 1st 1993 by Crossing Press

To ask other readers questions about Eating Our Hearts Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eating Our Hearts Out

Selkie
Apr 02, 2015 Selkie rated it really liked it
This book contains stories & poems written in a variety of styles (including poetry) about all eating disorders from anorexia to obesity, to just food obsession in general.

All women would find something to associate with by reading this. It might even inspire you to write your own
Billie
Aug 10, 2015 Billie rated it liked it
A thought provoking collection of essays and poems that deal with the relationship of women and food. Newman was gathered a great variety of authors who are brave enough and honest enough to share their stories and struggles.
Hannah
Ugh, I'm so disappointed by this collection that I'm quitting on page 81. One, like way too many compilations of this type, the quality of writing is hit-or-miss (all of the poems=MISS). Two, although I guess I could have surmised as much from the cover photo, I felt that it was overly focused on women's *negative* relationship to food, specifically on eating disorders. That's a part of the issue, sure, but essay after essay on eating disorders ended up feeling a little redundant.
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Titania
Titania marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Desiree
Desiree rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Georgina
Georgina rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Nov 28, 2012
Marie
Marie added it
Oct 17, 2012
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2012
Afeni
Afeni marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2011
Anita Smith
Anita Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2011
Jade
Jade rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2010
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2010
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2010
Em
Em rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2009
Cyn Armistead
Cyn Armistead marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2009
Cory
Cory added it
Mar 03, 2009
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2008
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2008
genevieve
genevieve rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2008
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2008
angie
angie rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2007
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2007
Lesléa Newman (born 1955, Brooklyn, NY) is the author of over 50 books including Heather Has Two Mommies, A Letter To Harvey Milk, Writing From The Heart, In Every Laugh a Tear, The Femme Mystique, Still Life with Buddy, Fat Chance and Out of the Closet and Nothing to Wear.
She has received many literary awards including Poetry Fellowships from the Massachusetts Artists Fellowship Foundation and th
More about Lesléa Newman...