Start by marking “A Smart Girls Guide to Friendship Troubles: Dealing With Fights, Being Left Out and the Whole Popularity thing” as Want to Read:
A Smart Girls Guide to Friendship Troubles: Dealing With Fights, Being Left Out and the  Whole Popularity thing

A Smart Girls Guide to Friendship Troubles: Dealing With Fights, Being Left Out and the Whole Popularity thing (A Smart Girl's Guide...)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  407 ratings  ·  47 reviews
From backstabbing to bullying to just being left out, here's advice for girls about a whole host of friendship problems. How do you speak up for yourself when you're worried about hurting your friend's feelings? What if your best friend leaves you for the more popular crowd? What do you do when your friend the "rule setter" decides you're not cool anymore? When- and how- d ...more
Published July 1st 2003 by American Girl Publishing Inc (first published June 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Smart Girls Guide to Friendship Troubles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Smart Girls Guide to Friendship Troubles

The Care and Keeping of You by Valorie SchaeferA Smart Girl's Guide to Starting Middle School by Julie WilliamsA Smart Girl's Guide to Staying Home Alone by Dottie RaymerA Smart Girls Guide to Friendship Troubles by Patti Kelley CriswellA Smart Girl's Guide to Money by Nancy Holyoke
Growing Up Books
4th out of 39 books — 27 voters
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens by Sean CoveyScratch 2.0 Programming by Denis GolikovThe Care and Keeping of You by Valorie SchaeferA Smart Girl's Guide to Money by Nancy HolyokeTeen Life by D.M. Mejias
Kids Self Help
10th out of 36 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Anna
Kiersten
Nov 02, 2008 Kiersten rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone with friendship troubles.
Recommended to Kiersten by: Noone I just needed it.
Me and my best friend were fighting when I got this book. And I think that because of this book, Samantha* and I are the best of friends. We are better than we were before.

*Samantha is my very, very, very, best friend.
So is Spencer but She wasn't the one i was fighting with.
H
This is a wonderful book on friendship. I fought with my friend A LOT and now I know exactly what to do and say
Ash R.
This book is a guide to girls who are now getting into making friends and how to get through those little small fights that grow in to big problems that can be fixed by a simple solution. Have you ever need someone to guide you to make the right decisions then end up doing it with pride? This book helps teaches the concept of never to give up on a friend!

I can make a text to world connection with their friends constantly fighting and arguing that most of the time they spend together they are fi
Galilea Estrada
I really like this book because it tells you what to do if you and your friend are mad at each other. In the book there are stories of girls that have similar problems as you do. I really like all the colors there is in the book. I recommend this book to all girls.
Annie
This is honestly a wonderful book. I read it through to see if it would be suitable for my niece and I think it is. it is very wise advice for me as a 35 year old too! should have read this when I was young:-)
Claire
I read it and it did not help me and my best friends with *Jeanette and *Carlin stop fighting. Did not work for me but had great advice in general.
Irene Meng
I love how this book teaches girls how to deal with friendship problems and such. It really goes into detail when it comes to talking about how a friendship works. The book gives great examples of how your friend should act toward you.The book also teaches you how to act when troubles begin. Inside, there are quizzes, tips, and real life stories that helps me see if my friends are really worth my time.This book gives you advice on how to deal with fights, being left out, and the whole popularity ...more
$hanel
This book shows what to do if you are having problems with your friends and if your friend is part of the "IN crowd" and leaving YOU left behind. When my best friend and I were fighting my Mum bought me this book and told me to use it to go through the tough time. It really does work and after that I got my BFF back (we arent friends anymore because things just werent working out.) This book really works!
Karen
I read this book years ago, and even though I,personally, wish I hadn't wasted the time, it is a book that some kids should read. It certainly has a few tips that could and should be used to avoid drama that every girl inevitably encounters during childhood. However,I believe the kids that would enjoy these books most are those who enjoyed the original Americal Girl series, which I never did.
RogueHireling
Some great advice, but honestly, it seemed a bit mature. Not so much the tone of the book, more the advice itself. I can imagine that many grownups would benefit from reading this book, yet would still have trouble implementing the suggestions.

Never the less, its decent basic advice, with a fairly main stream slant on popularity.
Alison
Nov 07, 2008 Alison rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: girls grades 4-8, school libraries
This is a good book for school libraries as well as a good book to give to a girl who is struggling with friendship issues. It's practical and easy to read and follow. There's not a lot of text, some quizzes, and cute drawings, so even girls who are not strong readers will be able to benefit.
Tina
An excellent book to read and discuss with your preteen daughter, or on your own just to know what to say to her when issues come up. It teaches them how to choose, keep, and be a good friend, and what to do when friendships fall apart. It's been extremely helpful for us.
Holly
The American Girl Library has a plethora of books on different subjects for girls. It is a great source for any young girl who wants a quick, fun, and informational read that give some truly valuable advice. I wish I had read this when I was that age!
Kyra
I was dealijng with Friendship troubles when I first started reading this. When I finished this, those were completely solved, and my friend are even closer now. If you are dealing with feeling left out, or had fights with your friend, you NEED to read this.
7709mei
This book is a good book for people who keeps on getting friendship fights. I thought after reading this book I was relating to my friendship. There was some lessons that I learned after reading this book. It was interesting to read.
Katie V
This is a very good book it gives a lot of good advice on how to be a good friend and how to stay away from mean friends. It also tells you how to deal with girls who aren't so nice if you can't just stay away from them.
Shannon
I am a grown woman, but read it cover to cover to get ideas of how to handle situations with my daughter who is 8. I even found some insight into my own friendships, lol!! Some of this stuff never ends!
Marah
Sep 08, 2009 Marah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: middle school girls and their parents
Shelves: young-adult
Excellent reference for middle school girls (and perhaps 4th and 5th grade girls) for how to deal with lots of different things that happen in friendships. I liked the sound advice and the real-life examples.
Maria
Wonderful book, any girl going into middle school should definitely read it, this book will help you understand things and see yourself like you have never seen before!
Jayda
Aug 11, 2008 Jayda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone with friend problems
This most definitely help me out with my problems with some of my friends. It's helped me deal with issues that I had no idea how to approach but knew that I needed to.
Lilly Fife
Well, my mom just bought me this book yesterday, I'm kind of skipping through to solve my problems with friends. This really helps you understand your friends too!
Meadow
I'm not public schooled, so it had some things I couldn't relate to (thank goodness). It had some good tips, and ideas for friends..ect.
Shermyra Diamond
This book is about a lot of things that girls go through with thier girlfriends. This guide really help's out along the way.
Halle
In this book, it helps you get through tough times with friends. It really helped me with a friendship problem!
Cynthia
Not a bad book, obviously looking for the teenage girl audience, but still not a bad book for us older girls.
Kenken10
its a little helpful but i didnt use it much im a social butterfly and if u r 2 u wont need it
Gymnasticgirlaag
I think it is very good book. I love it. I t is so fun to take the quiz`s in all the books!!!!
Mikaela
read this quite a few times, when i had friend problems, helped me handel them well
Kelly
Very impressed with the suggestions and the friendly way this book is written.
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Money: How to Make It, Save It, And Spend It
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Starting Middle School: Everything You Need to Know About Juggling More Homework, More Teachers, and More Friends
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Staying Home Alone: A Girl's Guide to Feeling Safe and Having Fun
  • The Feelings Book: The Care & Keeping of Your Emotions
  • The Care & Keeping of You: The Body Book for Girls (American Girl Library)
  • Hair: Styling Tips and Tricks for Girls (American Girl Library (Paperback))
  • Clutter Control: Crafts and Tips to Organize Your Backpack, Your Bedroom, Your Locker, Your Life (American Girl Library)
  • Just Kidding
  • Chrissa Stands Strong
  • Mini Mysteries: 20 Tricky Tales to Untangle (American Girl Library)
  • Kit's Surprise: A Christmas Story (American Girls: Kit, #3)
  • Marisol (American Girl Today)
  • Manatee Blues (Wild at Heart, #4)
  • A Bad Case of Tattle Tongue: Helping Kids Learn the Difference Between Tattling and Telling
  • Kailey
  • Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully (Chester the Raccoon (Kissing Hand) #4)
  • Nicki
  • Marie-Grace and the Orphans (American Girls: Marie-Grace and Cécile, #3)

A Smart Girl's Guide... (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Yikes! A Smart Girl's Guide to Surviving Tricky, Sticky, Icky Situations
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Manners: The Secrets to Grace, Confidence, and Being Your Best
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Money: How to Make It, Save It, And Spend It
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Understanding Her Family: Feelings, Fighting & Figuring It Out
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to the Internet: How to Connect with Friends, Find What You Need, and Stay Safe Online
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Knowing What to Say: Finding the Words to Fit Any Situation
  • A Smart Girl's Guide To Style: How To Have Fun With Fashion, Shop Smart, And Let Your Personal Style Shine Through (American Girl)
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Her Parents' Divorce: How to Land on Your Feet When Your World Turns Upside Down
Stand Up for Yourself & Your Friends: Dealing with Bullies and Bossiness, and Finding a Better Way A Smart Girl's Guide to Knowing What to Say: Finding the Words to Fit Any Situation Friends: Making Them & Keeping Them [With 5 Mini Friendship Posters] What Would You Do? (American Girl Library) The Book Club Kit