2001 Things to Do before You Die

2001 Things to Do before You Die

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Dust jacket is perfect and book is clean and tight. No marks in the book.Buy with confidence. 100% Guaranteed
Published January 1st 2004 by Stonesong Press/Barnes & Noble (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about 2001 Things to Do before You Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 2001 Things to Do before You Die

Mandy
Jul 21, 2011 Mandy rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone who is looking for inspiration/change/adventure
I feel a bit hypocritical about giving this book only two stars when I used it to start my own "Bucket List." There are definitely some great ideas in this manual, some of which are challenging (rent an apartment on the Seine for two months? Yes please!) and others that were relatively simple (attend a Unitarian Universalist service...I've been meaning to do that!). On the other hand, many "to dos" listed by Sherwood just seem like lazy fillers - I mean, really, how many people aim to become an...more
Elaine D
this book, probably as for many others has become the handbook for my life. :]
although...i was disappointed to see that many of these things were HIGHLY unlikely and out of my control such as "wake up next to Brad Pitt" or whatever. Boo. lol
Vicki
A super quick read. Took me about an hour to complete the book and check off things I've done so far. Unfortunately, many of the items listed are things I will never be able to check off, but maybe someone out there can. I know I will never get to care for Michael Jackson's pet monkey or play music with the Beatles or do anything with JFK Jr, because they have passed on. So guess this little book has become a little outdated already. Or how about waking up next to Brad Pitt. Sounds great but how...more
Aaron
Jun 30, 2008 Aaron rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like lists, people who want to try something different
Recommended to Aaron by: Dana Kangas
A silly, light-hearted book that is a list of 2001 things to do before you die. (I didn't count, though. It could be way more or less.) I don't think I'm going to do all those things before I die, though. Really, I think they fall into a few categories: 1) things I really do want to do before I die, 2) things I wouldn't mind doing before I die, 3) things I've already done before reading this book, 4) things I don't want to do, and 5) things I probably won't ever do.

There's some cross over with t...more
 Barb Bailey
This is an easy book to read...and apply to your life. I received it for Christmas 2009. I took several days reading through and ticking off things I've already done. Then I listed in the back of the book about 50 more I'd like to do . ( I even added some of my own ideas....ahhhhh)Some on my to do list are easy , silly or just insteresting to me. Some ideas in the book are outrageous and ofcourse most people will never do. Still a fun book and motivating. Great timing as I choose not make resolu...more
Jan  D-M
I received this book as a gift and I just love it. I went through and checked off everything I have ever done and am adding a few of my own items to the list. This book spurred my friend and I to join an activity aiming to be in the Guiness Book of World records, but our crowd failed by about 9891 people. But, hey, at least we attempted to do it. This book is a good reminder to embrace adventure, large and small.
Mila
I got this book as a graduation present, and my Type-A self goes through it every couple months and checks off things I have done. Some of the things are ridiculous, like having lunch with the President or having a celebrity buy you a drink, and some of them are gender-specific, like growing a mustache. But I like the general premise, and I enjoy getting new ideas for things to do when I'm bored or on vacation.
Allen
I'd rate it higher if it weren't just a list with some quotes thrown in, but its definitely a great buy for anyone. A great list of things you may never have thought of. There are some things however they could have done better as they are a little unrealistic, but for the most part its a lot of fun to go through it and check things off and get ideas for new things to check off.
Heather
This is a fun book that lets you check off things you've done in your life. It also helps you identify things you might like to do before you die... Y

ou'll be surprised by how much you've already done as you start checking things off. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

Just a fun little book and makes a great gift.
Myles Blackwood
I know that I've been a busy body with the way that I've lead my life, but I was actually pretty disappointed that this book contained about 75% of things that I've already done in my life. Mind you, I've already lived in a yurt, run for public office, done an open mike night, and eaten alligator.
Nick
Jan 28, 2012 Nick rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People looking for ideas, bored people, and/or someone on an extended excursion to the bathroom
Shelves: own
Whimsical. My wife bought this for me a few years back to help us make our own list. There are some good ideas, some really bad ideas, and some that are physically impossible (Travel at warp speed. Really?). It makes me want to write a better, more realistic list of things to do before you die.
Gracie
I would have rated this higher if a lot of the ideas were actually doable. But once or twice a year I come back to this book and check off the things I've done. I've had a lot of fun with it!
John
fun and quick read. kept track of how many things I've already done. apparently I have a lot more living to do. this lost also gives you some ideas for future goals.
Kim
This book is awesome! Now I know I will never get bored, just flip through the pages and find something to do! It has helped me come up with my bucket list
...there's a lot I need to add to this book. But it's a good starting point. I can pleasantly remember a few nights I got to check off some boxes...
Amanda
I'm slowly working through accomplishing everything on this list. I've changed a few, because frankly I don't ever want to wake up next to Brad Pitt. :)
Sara
Really fun book! My roommate and I are trying to do as many things on the list as we can before we graduate.
Patti
This book inspired me. I'm going to do as many of these as i can.

www. 2001thingstodo.tumblr. com
Sandra
I already met a famous person, but I still want to do the most important thing of this book... "Live"!!!
Gretel
I will never accomplish most of these but it's fun to see what you have done and will do.
Notdorothy
2001 Things to Do Before You Die by Dane Sherwood (2004)
Tamra
What a waste of my brain cells!
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Bahar Türk
Bahar Türk marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Keyleigh
Keyleigh marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Pınar Türk
Pınar Türk marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Keisha
Keisha marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Pınar Türk
Pınar Türk marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Pocket Idiot's Guide to Not So Useless Facts The Pocket Idiot's Guide to More Not So Useless Facts 2001 Things to Do Before You Die