Start by marking “The Ultimate Life” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Life

The Ultimate Life (The Ultimate Gift #2)

The Ultimate Life (The Ultimate Series
Published September 1st 2007 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Life

Balu
Nov 17, 2016 Balu rated it liked it
The Ultimate life is the story centers on fictional billionaire Red Stevens who has given his family an amazing life of material wealth but has spoiled them in the process.
Red has passed away and his heirs are eager to receive their inheritances.
For his grandnephew Jason Stevens the inheritance comes with significant strings attached.
He must complete a series of monthly tasks before he is to receive any of his inheritance.

It deals with how Jason succeeds in the tasks which are assisted to him
Alvi Harahap
Jul 05, 2011 Alvi Harahap rated it it was amazing
You have to read the Ultimate Gift to really absorb the impact of this book as it is the sequel. There is a true foundation to this book and a lot to be learned about yourself and others.

This book really makes you appreciate what is important in life. Sometimes we get so caught up in the day-to-day stuff we forget. This puts it back in perspective without the religious tilt so often seen. It's a great book to read over and over.
Rachel
Jan 30, 2017 Rachel rated it it was ok
It was basically recap of books one, but with some additional details. The irritating part was the added details were things that were changed in the movie, not added details from book number one. The message continues to be a good one, but I was frustrated with the changes they made to match the movie that came out after book one.
Cody Neese
Jan 24, 2017 Cody Neese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ultimate book

The author cleared many questions concerning the book and the movie and tied the ending together very well. The author did a terrific job at focusing on the main topics while adding humor to the mixture.
Jean Rabern
Jun 24, 2017 Jean Rabern rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ultimate good reading.

I liked this book because it made me think about my life and the happiness that God has given me.
Karen
Mar 16, 2017 Karen rated it liked it
12 lessons to learn in life ... but also to inherit grandfathers fortune!!
Danni
Jun 02, 2017 Danni rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have read for a long time. It had a lot of good morals and the people in the book learned to love and care for one another.
Adrienne
Jul 20, 2017 Adrienne rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
It was pretty good, albeit not very exciting. I'm thinking that the first book, The Ultimate Gift, was probably better. But it was a clean read, so it wasn't a total loss.
Alan Bates
Feb 09, 2013 Alan Bates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
The Ultimate Life by Jim Stovall is a novel about living, getting, and giving back. It is about a crusty old oilman named Red Stevens. Red is a multigazillionaire who has died and in his will he left the just a few gazillions to his greedy heirs and the bulk of his estate to a grandson, Jason Stevens. However Jason has to show that he has learned about the gifts of life and further demonstrate that that he knows how to teach others about the gifts

Well, old Red's other heirs wanted all the gazill
Brian Wilson
Dec 22, 2010 Brian Wilson rated it it was ok
Ehhhhhh....That is really what I thought about this book. It was ok, but not by a long shot something that I would ever want to read again or for that matter, recommend to anyone. I had seen the movie, "The Ultimate Gift" and this book is the sequel to it. The thing is though, if you saw the movie or read the first book, then there is literally no reason whatsoever to read this, because all it does is rehash the entire story. All this book is about, is the court case deciding whether or not the ...more
Gayle
May 29, 2010 Gayle rated it liked it
I'm having a hard time with the review of this book. While I think it has some wonderful "life lessons" in it, I didn't love the writing style. I felt like the writing was very repetitive and formulaic. I read "The ULtimate Gift" a few years ago and afterward saw the movie, which I enjoyed much more than the book. Reading this second book made me realize the main reason why -- in the movie, you experience the challenges through the perspective of Jason, while the books are written from the viewp ...more
Nihar Suthar
Dec 23, 2016 Nihar Suthar rated it really liked it
I actually didn't know there were more books after "The Ultimate Gift," but I'm glad I found out that there were! This is another touching read with good reminders about how we can live a fulfilling life. I think a lot of content was repetition from "The Ultimate Gift," but this book also showed that greed can make humans fall apart. Luckily, Jason was able to bring his family back together with the lessons he learned from "The Ultimate Gift."

For anybody who has read the first book, there isn't
Susan
Jul 05, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing
A different book than I am used to reading, but very good.
About this young man who will receive an inheritance from his Grandfather worth billions, as long as he follows procedures in receiving twelve gifts. He has to learn from each gift and present to others.
They are Gifts of gratitude, a gift of love, gift of friendship, just to name a few.
Meanwhile his family is fighting him in court for their share of billions, even though they receive thousands of money regarding the estate. If the young m
Cindy
Jun 14, 2013 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There is not much in this book that is not in the first - The Ultimate Gift. It is a rehash of the first one. The premise is that the relatives of Jason have banded together and are now bringing suit that he should not have control of the trust that was earned in the first book. They have retained the law firm of Dudly, Cheatham, and Leech - can we be more obvious?! And if they lose, they lose their inheritance as well as control of the trust. The ending is no surprise. This book was pretty much ...more
Catherine  Mustread
Dec 27, 2010 Catherine Mustread rated it liked it
Shelves: dad
A rehash of The Ultimate Gift with a few more details thrown in as the relatives of the young man, who got control of the largest share of the inheritance, dispute the will and hire a high-powered lawyer to get their "rightful inheritance." Not necessary to read both books unless a longer period of time between the readings.

Still a great summary of what is truly important in life and recommended for anyone who needs an inspiration or boost.
Michelle
Jan 12, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Michelle by: Katy
I checked this out and then realized that it is a sequel to "The Ultimate Gift". So - I went back to the library and got "The Ultimate Gift" to read first. I loved them both. Once I read "The Ultimate Gift" - "The Ultimate Life" has a LOT of identical (word for word) repeats ... so ...

Both books are very motivating and made me want to try to be a better person. I vaguely remember the movie "The Ultimate Gift" - and I'm planning on watching again soon.

Thanks for the recommend, Katy! I highly reco
Keshia
Feb 13, 2015 Keshia rated it liked it
Good life lessons. Interesting ways of implementing and teaching them. I'm not particularly inspired however. Like other reviewers have said, it was the way it was presented and written. Like a report card, rather than living the experience. But I did like that it was a quick and easy read.

I read 'The ultimate gift' a couple years ago, and this one's been sitting on my nightstand for almost as long. I finally got around to reading it simply because there's not much else i can do with a sick 2-y
Miriam
Dec 26, 2011 Miriam rated it did not like it
I really wanted to like this book at least a little, because I think the author's purpose is a good one, but I really just finished it because I wanted to see how silly it would get. Not only does it repeat a lot of the previous book, but it retcons the events of the first book to match up with the changes made in the movie script. I really felt like this book was only published to make money; good thing I only paid $0.99 for it.
Rae
Mar 26, 2008 Rae rated it it was ok
Shelves: other-fiction
This is really just a rehashed sequel to The Ultimate Gift which, although somewhat sappy in its own right, is much more effective and really worth the short time it takes to read. In this novel, the family gets together to contest the grandson's portion of the estate and he must prove to the court that he deserves the money.

In this life, the most average day can take an extraordinary turn; therefore, each day should be anticipated and savored as a gift.
Tabatha
Oct 10, 2008 Tabatha rated it it was ok
I really liked the Ultimate Gift. But I didn't need to read it twice. This book was a repeat. Maybe I should have spaced them out a little. I thought the author tried lining the story up with the movie and in the process added and changed details that didn't flow with the first book. The Ultimate Gift you read and feel like you've learned something. The Ultimate Life you feel like the author is tring to chase the success of the Ultimate Gift.
Wayne
Dec 10, 2012 Wayne rated it it was ok
Having just read The Ultimate Gift, this book was a dissapointment. As suggested by other reviews, it is just a reapeat of the first book with a tweak here and there. As much as I wanted to enjoy this book because I'm a Stovall fan, I did not. I hope The Ultimate Journey will revive the passion ignited by The Ultimate Gift.
Robyn
Jun 05, 2009 Robyn rated it it was ok
This book is a quick read but repetitive of the first book--in fact much of the first book is repeated in this one. I grew tired of the formula after a while; still there are good life lesson reminders in this book. I should have waited longer in between books; then I might have enjoyed this one more--or not.
Ben
Dec 27, 2013 Ben rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books out there.

This was a very good book. It really teaches you how we should live or life's. This is the second book in the series. The first book is called the ultimate gift. They also made a movie from the first book. I would recommend watching that movie and reading this book. I believe you might have a different outlook on life.
Alice
Mar 18, 2009 Alice rated it liked it
3 and 1/2 stars. This book basically recaps The Ultimate Gift. It is a good review written similarly, but there are some details that change between the books that make sense if you have seen the movie version of The Ultimate gift which I did between the books. They both have a great message, but the books don't have a lot of depth in the story itself.
Teri
Jun 07, 2008 Teri rated it really liked it
Recommended to Teri by: airplane passenger
Shelves: church-religion, 2008
Heartwarming. It was reiterating the same principles from "The Ultimate Gift", but I need repetition so I enjoyed it.

Jason Stevens is being sued by his family. The judge of the trial is the narrator.
Jill
Oct 30, 2008 Jill rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yes
This book is a continuation of The Ultimate Gift. Both books remind you to think about what you really value in life and how you personally can contribute to the world around you.... I am enjoying my time reading this book.
Janet S
May 08, 2008 Janet S rated it liked it
It gives you a new perspective on life. It makes you stop and think about the little things. And life is what we make of it. How can we make it better for someone else. This is a sequel to the Ultimate Gift.
Cydney
Mar 10, 2008 Cydney rated it it was amazing
I found this book around five years ago for my husband to read to his class. Since then this book has journeyed through many classes and families. I currently just reread it for a book club that I am hosting at my home this month.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Dec 02, 2012 Aruna Kumar Gadepalli rated it really liked it
Those who enjoyed reading - "The Ultimate Gift (The Ultimate Series #1)" will like this as well. Only difference in this story is after the death of grandfather, whose will is challenged in the court starts the story. Its mix of self help woven in the fiction style. Easy and quick read.
Becky
May 25, 2009 Becky rated it really liked it
Another good book. Quick read, but great life lessons. I just bought this book so the rest of my family could read it. It's basically a continuation of the first book. I don't especially like the writer's style of writing, but I stilled liked the story.
  • Voyage of a Viking: How a Man of Action Can Become a Man of Grace
  • TEAM Textbook
  • Toughen Up!
  • Thomas Jefferson Education for Teens
  • The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • Aspire: Discovering Your Purpose Through the Power of Words
  • Twelve Pillars
  • 8 Attributes of Great Achievers
  • LeaderShift: A Call for Americans to Finally Stand Up and Lead
  • The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work
  • Outstanding!: 47 Ways to Make Your Organization Exceptional
  • An Enemy Called Average
  • The Garden Tomb
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
Jim Stovall has been a national champion Olympic weightlifter, the President of the Emmy Award-winning Narrative Television Network, and a highly sought after author and platform speaker. He is the author of the best selling book, The Ultimate Gift, which is a major motion picture starring James Garner and Abigail Breslin. He is also author of The Ultimate Life and The Ultimate Journey, which have ...more
More about Jim Stovall...

The Ultimate Gift (4 books)
  • The Ultimate Gift (The Ultimate Series #1)
  • The Ultimate Journey
  • The Gift of a Legacy (The Ultimate Gift)