Start by marking “The No Spin Zone: Confrontations with the Powerful and Famous in America” as Want to Read:
The No Spin Zone: Confrontations with the Powerful and Famous in America

The No Spin Zone: Confrontations with the Powerful and Famous in America

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,308 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Filled with no-holds-barred commentary, the best-selling author of The O'Reilly Factor gets angry about the rapidly declining state of politics, Hollywood, Medicare, and every social echelon of the nation, scathingly examining such powerful and fa
Title: The No Spin Zone
Author: O'Reilly, Bill
Publisher: Random House Inc
Publication Date: 2003/03/01
Number of Pages: 190
Binding
Published March 11th 2003 by Broadway (first published January 2nd 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The No Spin Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The No Spin Zone

Twilight by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerEclipse by Stephenie MeyerMiles to Go by Miley Cyrus
The Worst Books of All Time
15th out of 5,731 books — 16,093 voters
Godless by Ann CoulterMiles to Go by Miley CyrusHow to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must) by Ann CoulterIf Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans by Ann CoulterSlander by Ann Coulter
Books I Have No Intention of Reading
155th out of 1,208 books — 5,940 voters

More lists with this book...

merryxmas
Jun 26, 2007 merryxmas rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: simpletons
This book is a joke. It's just transcriptions of past shows with a few pages of him boasting about his mad skillz.

Here's a summary:

Bill - LOUD NOISES!!!!!

Guest - MORE LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm Bill. I won that argument so I wrote a book about it to prove it to you. Thanks for wasting your time reading this. No, you can't have your 10 minutes back.

The End

gah
Kym Andrew Robinson
Like most books written by celebrities or those who are deemed 'personalities' this book is a self serving soap box of self important rants. It follows the line of O'Rileys show which at times seems rationale and reasonable only to come crashing down into a chaotic heap of egotistical lead inconsistencies which show just how limited O'Rileys principles are.

Over the years big Bill has been considered a champion of Right wing or conservative values. The American polito sphere has polluted definiti
Wendy
I find this man to be rude and off-putting. But to be fair I picked up this book because perhaps it was just his brusque manner, and not his actual ideas, that I found offensive. But nope; it's just him. Regardless of the medium in which he's presented, he's just a jerk.
Malea
I don't know what even possessed me to try this book...I think I lost brain cells as a result of this one. What in the world was I thinking? Oh, wait, I must not have been...thinking, that is...
Tarin Allen
I've been going through a phase where I want to read what the "other side" has to say in hopes of better understanding their rhetoric. It's not working. All this book did was to turn my stomach and make me wonder at the warped nature of those who buy this crap (for the record, I got the book at the library).
Kevin Kirkhoff
Very easy to read. If you like Bill O'Reilly, you'll love this book. Each chapter is it's own topic. He provides interviews he's had with some fairly powerful people, after which he discusses the conversation and adds his "opinion" on the topic.

Like I mentioned about his other book, I don't agree with all his positions, but O'Reilly provides good arguments. That's all he wants from his guests. Answer questions with facts, no spin. Let the viewer decide.
Among the people featured in the book are A
Paul
Nov 11, 2007 Paul rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: conservatives who don't have a job
Conservatives good...liberals bad...watch my show...hand me the "falafel thing "
Ben
Overall this is a terrific book. The stylistic elements and the structure of the book are very unique and exceptionally enthralling to the reader. Below is a description of one of my favorite sections of the book along with an analysis Bill O'Reilly's style.

One of my favorite chapters was one titled "You Kidding Me" where Bill interviewed Floyd Abrams, a prominent First Amendment attorney. Granted, this was not one of the larger debates with a live audience numbering in the thousands or with the
Robbie
While a bit more on the political side, The No Spin Zone turned out to be enjoyable and informative. As one who participates in Speech/Debate, I'm addicted to knowing about current events. Although the No Spin Zone was published in 2001, before 9/11, I found many if not all of the topics to still be up-to-date. For example, Bill O'Reilly covers music media's effect on children, such as how bad lyrics in songs can potentially damage children, as well as obscenity on TV. He talks about Capital Pun ...more
Rachelshaffer
May 19, 2012 Rachelshaffer is currently reading it
Throughout his book The No Spin Zone, Bill O’Reilly discusses several political issues and explores both sides of the controversy by providing commentary from an opposing character, and qualifying their beliefs with his to expose his view of the truth. First, O’Reilly explores his belief that “the welfare of a child means less today because of the promotion and acceptance of certain so-called special interests” which can promote inhumane behavior, and yet still exist due to first amendment righ ...more
Jim Serger
Bills book is a coverage of episodes of his nightly talk show--it is just him talking about people he has interviewed over the years. Good book if you are new to his "no spin" take --the end of the book nails where Mr. O'Reilly comes from. Excellent book for people wanting to catch a glimpse of what Bill does on his show.
Ed
Bill O'Reilly is the champion of No Spin. Most people think he is a far right conservative, but he is a true Independent, crossing from right to left on many issues. For instance he is for de-criminalizing Marijuana, and against the death penalty.

Bill goes into depth on many of our well though of leaders that you probably think are above-board, honest, and caring, but in fact are using their immense power for their own ill gotten gains.

Bill reads this unabridged audio book, and is a great read
Jan
One sided.
Lisa
May 14, 2009 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone!
Shelves: nonfiction
I just finished listening to the audio book after reading this more than 3 years ago. It made me realize how right O'Reilly is--especially in light of where we are today! Please read this book! People are all asleep as political figures and others rip us off! Wake up! It's not a Republican or Democrat thing--we are getting used at every turn!
Politicians and other public figures try to put on a good public face and talk the talk, but they are out for themselves. Bill stops the spin!
Read this book
Edie
Outdated, but still interesting...
Quick, easy read. Each chapter is a different topic. Bill O'Reilly discusses interviews he's had with various people, after which he goes through his opinion on the subject and draws out each side to the topic. The book makes you think and form your own opinions ... something I really like in a book. I really enojoyed some of the interviews and his commentary on those who won't enter the "no spin zone".
Emily
A very interesting read. O'Reilly shares different view points on various pressing issues in our country. A good read if you are open minded and willing to listen to opinions different than your own. If you're not an O'Reilly fan, get over it; pick this book up and learn a little bit more about Bill, the American government, scams, and controversies within our society.
Tanya Garrett
Typical O'Reilly... Out there and overly honest. No ties to the right or left.
Of course I was a big fan of O'Reilly before I read this book, but now I respect him even more. I really enjoyed how the writing was broken into sections, each with their own opponent. If only I could learn to speak my mind like Bill without fear of what others would think. I love his straight forward approach and no nonsense attitude.
Kevin Maguire
The first and only O'Reilly book I've read. The book was on the thin side to begin with, so the $20 price tag was a bit much already. Then I get home and start reading and find out it's also double spaced. I felt he ripped me off so I've never bought another book of his. Never will. That's why I only gave two stars. I don't like thieves.
Cynthia
I didn't find this as interesting as his other books. It's a read of past interviews on volatile subjects. It is not one-sided and he gives credit where it's deserved. Just not my taste for what I want to read.
Jon
I thought it was great. Being someone who does not have strong political views I was intrigued and not to say that I have come out one way or the other because of this book, but it has given me a good perspective on a lot of situations. I kind of want to watch the show now.
Naomi
For someone who says on his show that he doesn't like bloviating, that is all that this book was! There were some interesting points (thus the two stars) in the book but they were way too clouded over with his rants and ramblings!
Melinda Thomas
No spin? Are you KIDDING? Not only are the interviews spinning wildly, in his introductions to each one he makes it quite clear he's decided on the direction of the interview before he even begins.

I couldn't finish this.
Chandler
Typical O'Reilly, straight to the point and brutally honest at times, but good points are made throughout. Informative in places and an easy, quick read, though I felt like this focused way too much on show transcripts.
Mdp411
Good stuff that will make liberals cringe. Those who are unsure where they stand will sit up and take notice and conservatives can breathe a sigh of relief that someone is looking out for them.
Justin
Jul 28, 2011 Justin added it
Good book and a easy read, however he is a wishy washy, opinionated bugger who seems like he would side with the common man but really doesnt know his head from a hole in the wall!!!
Lynn
Bill O'Reilly - why he does what he does, thinks the way he thinks, challenges liars, cheaters, etc. I enjoyed it - gave me a better appreciation for his work.
Jay
In This book, O’Reilly lays out his beliefs on 16 critical issues. It is a very good read because he also presents the other side of the argument as well.
Mischelle
Politically Funny! I love his other book The O'Reilly Factor because I like his show on FOX NEWS. He's not affraid of anybody! He can throw down with anyone!
  • Deliver Us from Evil: Defeating Terrorism, Despotism, and Liberalism
  • See, I Told You So
  • Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right
  • Unfit For Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry
  • The Real America: Messages from the Heart and Heartland
  • The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military
  • Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies
  • The Obama Diaries
  • 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America: (And Al Franken Is #37)
  • Real Change: From the World That Fails to the World That Works
  • Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity: Get Out the Shovel -- Why Everything You Know Is Wrong
  • Men In Black: How the Supreme Court is Destroying America
  • Fleeced: How Barack Obama, Media Mockery of Terrorist Threats, Liberals Who Want to Kill Talk Radio, the Do-Nothing Congress, Companies That Help Iran, and Washington Lobbyists for Foreign Governments Are Scamming Us...and What to Do About It
Bill O'Reilly is an American television/radio host, author, syndicated columnist, and political commentator. He is the host of the cable news program The O'Reilly Factor. Prior to hosting The O'Reilly Factor, he served as anchor of the entertainment program, Inside Edition.

O'Reilly also hosts The Radio Factor, a radio program syndicated by Westwood One, and he has written seven books.

More about Bill O'Reilly...
Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot Killing Jesus: A History A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity Culture Warrior