Start by marking “Age of Reptiles: Tribal Warfare” as Want to Read:
Age of Reptiles: Tribal Warfare

Age of Reptiles: Tribal Warfare (Age of Reptiles)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  14 reviews
More "real life" adventures from the days of the dinosaurs. This series tracks the fortunes - and misfortunes - of a family of Ceratosaurs as they try to survive the rigors of the Jurassic era.
Published February 13th 1996 by Dark Horse Comics (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Age of Reptiles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Age of Reptiles

The Arrival by Shaun TanCinema Panopticum by Thomas OttThe Number 73304-23-4153-6-96-8 by Thomas OttThe Frank Book by Jim WoodringWeathercraft by Jim Woodring
Silent / Wordless Graphic Novels
38th out of 108 books — 71 voters
Watchmen by Alan MooreThe Complete Maus by Art SpiegelmanThe Sandman, Vol. 1 by Neil GaimanBone by Jeff SmithFables, Vol. 1 by Bill Willingham
Eisner Award Winners
104th out of 117 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Court
Don't get me wrong, the art was awesome, but I really had trouble following the story and characters (there were way too many characters). I got the overall gist, but there was all this other stuff going on and it was just too much. And sometimes the flow of the art did not follow the flow of the story, a bit jarring at times. Definitely worth looking at for the drawings though, great dinosaur art.
amy boese
When I first read this, I was a little non-plussed; lots of dinosaurs, lots of blood. My kids (8, 5 and 3) were just stuck in it...they wouldn't put it down! So I decided I had better do a more thorough read-through. As I started to talk about the pictures with the kids, I got more and more out of the story. It is a masterful story without words, especially using realistic looking reptiles as leading characters. Although it remains a very violent and bloody story, by the time I got to the end, t ...more
Matt King
Kind of great for a book about dinosaur gang wars.
Angela
If you have any interest in sequential art, this masterpiece is a must read. It contains no text at all - just art, telling a story.

Also, although this book is pretty old, the dinosaurs are still surprisingly modern. Some even have feathers - pretty controversial back when this was written!

Do yourself a favor - track down a copy of this out of print book, and enjoy!
David
A fairly fun, quick read that used no speech. It was about groups of raptors and T-Rexes competing long ago. It was a pretty neat story, and did well with telling a story without words, but I didn't really get much out of it.

The coolest thing about it was the fact that it did effectively tell a somewhat complex story without a word of narration or dialogue.
Megan
The art in this second Age of Reptiles volume is still amazing, even if this one - also a 'silent' visual story - is harder to follow than the first one. Also... there's something a little hard to swallow as far as the basic premise of the plot goes, but if you're willing to totally overlook that, it's a good read; especially if you enjoyed the first book at all.
Harley
Man. Great story using no words. The pain and suffering of such a kill or be killed lifestyle... crazy! Too bad the raptors kept getting their butts kicked! This novel has love, pain, jealously, power struggles, happiness, curiosity, and irony. too good!
Brent
Wish I still had these comics issues from publisher Dark Horse... so, I'll have to replace my copy!
Delgado's dinosaur fictions are amazing.
You must read this.
Highest recommendation.
Mike
Aug 16, 2008 Mike rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like words, pictures and dinosaurs
It's amazing how well the story is told with next to no characterization. Just another day for the dinosaurs. Though that last page (no fair skipping ahead!!) is a stunner...
Dru
A wordless graphic novel that tells the tale of a feud between a pack of Velociraptors and T-Rexs. The art and colouring are both exceptional.
Kendra
Beautiful artwork and a meaningful story which was sometimes hard to follow due to the wordless narrative.
Valentino
Incredible dinosaur artwork, reminiscent of William Stout. Great story, too.
Madkropotkin
Can I really say I read this?
Jennifer  delacruz
Jennifer delacruz marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Chloe A-L
Chloe A-L marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Haybe
Haybe marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Pedro Benitez
Pedro Benitez marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Doug
Doug marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
John Zeleznik
John Zeleznik marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • When David Lost His Voice
  • Sweaterweather
  • Gon: Volume 1 (Gon)
  • Dragon Puncher
  • Goddamn This War!
  • Essex County Vol. 3: The Country Nurse (Essex County, #3)
  • The Acme Novelty Library #17
  • Cinema Panopticum
  • RASL, Vol. 1: The Drift (RASL, #1)
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 3: The Wanderer's Road (Usagi Yojimbo #3)
  • Scalped, Vol. 5: High Lonesome
  • The Wrong Place
  • Pax Romana
  • Superior
  • Flex Mentallo: Man of Muscle Mystery
  • Alice in Sunderland
  • Dotter of Her Father's Eyes
  • Vagabond, Vol. 2 (Vagabond, #4-#6)

Age of Reptiles (2 books)
  • Age of Reptiles: The Hunt
Age of Reptiles Omnibus, Vol. 1 Age of Reptiles: The Hunt Hieroglyph Age of Reptiles: Ancient Egyptians #1 Age of Reptiles Omnibus Volume 1