Start by marking “Blooded (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blooded (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #2)

Blooded (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3 #2)

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  1,242 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Chirayoju, a vampire of Chinese lore, and Sanno, the legendary Japanese Mountain King, have been locked in deadly battle for centuries. Literally. An ancient curse imprisoned the spirits of these two warriors in an antique sword.

Until the sword arrives in Sunnydale.

Freed by accident, Chirayoju searches for a host body that will allow him to continue wreaking havoc amoung t
Published August 1st 1998 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Blooded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blooded

Alejandro
Jun 24, 2013 Alejandro rated it really liked it
Back then, when I read this novel, I enjoyed it a lot since it has all the feeling of being "watching" a Buffy TV episode. The narrative and plot in the book would easily become an episode in the TV series. Maybe some "sins" were some inaccuracies, since this novel is supposed to be set in the early times of the Third Season, but just to name some of "missing" things is that you don't have Faith in the story and there isn't any reference or explanation, she just "don't exist" in the plot. Howeve ...more
Emily
Oct 23, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Warning: This review assumes that you have watched the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer –at least up until Season 3.

The pleasure of these novelizations based on the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer is that if one thinks of them as “episodes” of the show, then there are some as yet “unwatched”; there is new territory to discover and delight in with our favorite characters. The failing of some of these is that they retread areas already explored on the show, or that the dialogue i
Marloes
Jan 31, 2010 Marloes rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Buffy the Vampire Slayer lovers
Shelves: vampire-stories
Cool book. I read this before I watched the tv series so I didn't fully understand the story, and who Buffy was and what her relationship with the other people in this book was, but I still liked it, and it made me want to watch the tv series.
Shaun
Aug 02, 2010 Shaun rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty interesting. It reminds me why I'm paranoid about touching sharp blades.
Sati Marie Frost
Buff et al are dealing with something new this time - the spirit of an ancient Chinese vampire, who was a sorcerer before his undeadness, who has been trapped in a sword and is now possessing none other than Willow. Halfway through the book, a second enemy appears, proving once and for all that the enemy of my enemy is NOT necessarily my friend - Sanno-no-kami, the legendary Japanese mountain king, who lost a lover to Chirayoju some millennia ago, and has been driven mad with rage and hatred and ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
This is an original novel and not one about an actual episode. It's about an ancient Chinese sorcerer/vampire named Chirayoju and its opponent, Sanno, the Mountain King of Japan.

A long, long time ago these two were fighting but ended up imprisoned in a sword. During a field trip to a museum Willow touches the sword and is accidentally cut, allowing the spirit of the Chinese sorcerer/vampire to inhabit her body.

Willow gradually gets taken over more and more by the sorcerer and she becomes nastier
Jonathan Currinn
Jun 12, 2013 Jonathan Currinn rated it liked it
This book took me longer to read than I expected. Usually these Buffy books get read in 1-3 days, but this stretched me to a full week.

The reason has to be the writing style. During Buffy's fighting scenes very long sentences are used failing to bring up tension and describes exactly what she is doing. This makes the novel prodding and slow and fails to capture my attention.

However the authors Christopher Golden & Nancy Holder have got characterisation down to a T. What with all the characte
Alex
Dec 10, 2013 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is my favourite of the series so far. Possibly it's because it's further on in the series, so the cast is more full, but this felt more like a Scooby Gang adventure. Also, the story itself seemed a lot more like a Buffy story than some of the others.

However, once again the chronology seems to be a little out of whack - it takes place in Season 3 (since Angelus has been and gone), but Xander and Cordy are together while Angel is part of the group, despite the fact that by the time th
Declan Waters
May 18, 2016 Declan Waters rated it liked it
An interesting return to season 3 following the 'antics' of season 2 and the bad endings for almost all of the Scooby Gang. Often spin off novels struggle with the lack of continuity, the fact they can't change the characters in any meaningful way or just get it wrong with the perfect 20:20 hindsight of knowing what is to come.

However Blooded manages to thread this difficult needle and provides a good solid Buffy story with potential for long term damage to the main characters whilst knowing it'
Ronald Wilcox
Jan 23, 2013 Ronald Wilcox rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, vampires
"It was ok" is the perfect rating for this novel based on the characters in Buffy, The Vampire Slayer. The concept was actually pretty good - while visiting a Japanese exhibit at the museum, Willow accidentally cuts herself on an old sword, thereby releasing the spirit of an ancient, evil vampiric sorcerer that then possesses one of the main characters. It also releases the spirit of the eternal enemy of the sorcerer, leading to a battle that could destroy all of the "Scooby Gang". Unfortunately ...more
Dark-Draco
Apr 13, 2013 Dark-Draco rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires, buffy, tv-tie-in
This is other tie-in, set in the first season of the TV show. It follows the standard story in that Willow is feeling left out of the Scooby Gang and on a visit to the local museum, ends up accidentally possessed by an ancient Chinese vampire - they should really stop doing field trips in Sunnydale!! Buffy has to fight the demon without hurting her friend.

I liked the story a lot, even it was a bit simplistic, and the final showdown with Willow and Xander was a fantastic twist. A nice short read,
J. Ewbank
Aug 29, 2013 J. Ewbank rated it liked it
Shelves: a-good-read, novel
Another typical Buffy book. Same characters and diferent plot. Wondered if she would come through this one, but she did. She can't have too many of these close escapes and survive. Oh well, it was a good read anyway.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" and "Wesley' Wars"
Mikala
Dec 02, 2009 Mikala rated it liked it
Jill
Apr 30, 2014 Jill rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
great story, but terrible translation to dutch, the writing feels made and stiff, haven't read the book in english but I believe it is the translation,
I will probably read this book again, be it for the story, not the writing.
Ceejay
Aug 26, 2014 Ceejay rated it really liked it
This is an above average Buffy novel. I put it right up there with the Wicked Willow Trilogy. Great plot. Believable Buffy characters.So exciting at times that you'll want to peek ahead and see what happenes.If you love the Buffy series, this is a book that you really should read!
Stephanie
Significantly better than the other books that come before it. Still not great, but getting there.
Mar 18, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
I read this so long ago I can't do a true review but I do remember enjoying it.
Sharon
Sep 29, 2012 Sharon rated it did not like it
Again, read a long time ago
Joyce
This was one of the better of the Buffy novels. Lots of suspense and problems to figure out.
Kate
Jan 15, 2017 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: tie-in-novels
3.5
Randy
Jan 11, 2013 Randy rated it really liked it
Nice easy simple read. Very campy much like the tv show. I enjoyed how this book kept up the witty banter between characters like you would see on the show. Takes place during season 3.
A.j. Garner
A.j. Garner rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2012
Ali Woodhams
Ali Woodhams rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2011
Kelly Johnson
Kelly Johnson rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Andy Jones
Andy Jones rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2013
Eesia
Eesia rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2011
Stephanie Welch
Stephanie Welch rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2016
Xzon Brown
Xzon Brown rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2016
Kim Richards
Kim Richards rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2014
  • Visitors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #18)
  • Unnatural Selection (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #19)
  • Night of the Living Rerun (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #2)
  • Return to Chaos (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #17)
  • Here Be Monsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #22)
  • Coyote Moon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #3)
  • Power of Persuasion (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #12)
  • Obsidian Fate (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #20)
  • The Evil That Men Do (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #6)
  • Ghoul Trouble (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #4)
  • Paleo (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #5)
  • The Burning (Unseen Trilogy, #1)
  • Resurrecting Ravana (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #13)
  • The Angel Chronicles, Vol. 2  (The Angel Chronicles, #2)
Christopher Golden is the award-winning, bestselling author of such novels as The Myth Hunters, Wildwood Road, The Boys Are Back in Town, The Ferryman, Strangewood, Of Saints and Shadows, and (with Tim Lebbon) Mind the Gap. Golden co-wrote the lavishly illustrated novel Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire with Mike Mignola, which they are currently scripting as a feature film ...more
More about Christopher Golden...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3 (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Sins of the Father (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #1)
  • Child of the Hunt (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #3)
  • Ghoul Trouble (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #4)
  • Paleo (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #5)
  • The Evil That Men Do (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #6)
  • The Deathless (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #7)
  • Doomsday Deck (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #8)
  • Immortal (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #9)
  • Prime Evil (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #10)
  • Revenant (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #11)