Yellow Eyes

Yellow Eyes

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Far back in the wildest of the mountain country hides Yellow Eyes, the great mountain lion, the most cunning and powerful of his hunted kind. Beautiful and cruel, like all big cats, Yellow Eyes and his mate, The Golden One, are tawny shadows lurking in the forest. Rutherford Montgomery is known for his honesty in the portrayal of animal life. In his stories animals are ani...more
Published May 1st 1937 by Caxton Press

To ask other readers questions about Yellow Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yellow Eyes

Phair
Found my diary from 1962 with a list of books read complete with ratings. Alas, no comments. This one was from the paperback series that you could buy through school. We got a catalog to pick from & ordered the books- probably for a whopping 35 to 50 cents each. Still have a few around someplace. I was on a real kick reading animal stories- this was about a mountain lion.
Tagra
My absolute favourite book as a kid. I was obsessed with cougars for years afterwards. I rescued a copy of it off the back shelf of my elementary school because they said they were going to toss anything left at the end of the year to prepare for renovations. Copies of this seem hard to come by, so I'm glad I did.
Mike Figat
This was one of my favorite books as a kid. I read this book over and over. I was taken by the story. He lives a life where so much is difficult, yet he prevails. One regret I may have in my own life is that I did not take his example to heart... not yet anyway.
Jessica
I read this book as a child and it has stuck with me though the years. I haven't had much luck finding a copy of it to re-read, but once I do I am going to purchace it! I love animals and in particular cats especially the cougar :D
Russ
One of the few books from my childhood that I still think about on a regular basis, this book shaped my early love of animal and my views on wildlife preservation. I hope to pick up a copy and pass it on to my grandchildren.
Dave Fordice
One of my favorites as a kid. After reading this, I would go to the local museum in the town where I grew up and just stare at the cougar and panther they had on display.
Stephanie A.
Classic old-timey wildlife novel about a cougar's life (albeit very violent. Prey animals, cougars and hunting dogs alike getting ripped to shreds all over the place).
Antone
Aug 14, 2009 Antone added it
I've read this book countless times over the years it was one of the first books I read!
Kevin
i rated this book in the mindset of my eleven year-old self. i loved this book!
Bob
I enjoyed Rutherford Montgomery's books. I guess I read it while in about 5th grade.
Doug
Something about the elusive nature of these/this big cat(s). Great fiction as a kid
John
My favorite fourth grade book.
Ariela
I absolutely love this book!
Mike
Mike added it
Sep 07, 2014
Last Ranger
Last Ranger marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Isabel
Isabel marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Janice CA
Janice CA marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Mary Oldring
Mary Oldring marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kildee House El Blanco: The Legend of the White Stallion The Capture of the Golden Stallion The Golden Stallion's Revenge Gray Wolf