Start by marking “Nothing Happens Next: Responses to Questions About Meditation” as Want to Read:
Nothing Happens Next: Responses to Questions About Meditation

Nothing Happens Next: Responses to Questions About Meditation

Answering questions such as "What is meditation?" "I can't clear my mind. What should I do?" "What do I focus on?" and "How can I meditate when I have no time?" this guide answers more than 50 of the most commonly asked questions about meditation practices. Beginners will find information on how to sit, what to sit on, when to sit, where to sit, why to sit, and what to exp ...more
Published November 1st 1995 by Keep It Simple Books

To ask other readers questions about Nothing Happens Next, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing Happens Next

Sep 02, 2011 Patty rated it it was amazing
I wish I had read this book when I was starting a sitting practice. Now that I have more experience with sitting, I found this book to be a great "refresher course." Simple, true and often very amusing.
Feb 07, 2010 John added it
A quotation, and a good one for me:

"Until we realize that seeing through our conditioning is Job One, we will remain confused. My rather rude yet accurate approach to this matter is that the world does not need one more screwed up person trying to fix it. In other words, I don't know who I am; what is motivating me; what the problem is; or what would be truly helpful; but I can't stand the way I feel so I'll go out there and 'do something for someone else.' Good luck.

A final point about paying a
This is a useful little "frequently asked questions" guide to Zen meditation. I found that most of the questions on this were ones I've had for a long time, and was excited to hear some answers and explanations. Some of my questions were answered, but the author seems to skirt around many questions. I think that was her point, though. Zen is not about right and wrong way of doing things, but about noticing, watching whatever arises, and seeing how our conditioning and egocentricity leads us to s ...more
Dec 19, 2010 Emilia marked it as to-read
Shelves: never-finished
Very informative and concise but written in the worst font I think I've ever seen. It's one of those fake "handwriting" fonts? Also, there is a typo in the introduction. Great content, awful presentation.
Jan 31, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
This is the best primer I've ever read no matter where you are in your meditation practice or if you've never practiced at all. Worth reading, re-reading and using as a reference.
Mar 10, 2009 Ashley rated it liked it
Very simple questions and answers about meditation for beginners. Quick read, I read it in one night.
NML_dc rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2007
Steve Woods
Steve Woods rated it did not like it
Mar 09, 2012
Jeannine rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2013
Russ watts
Russ watts rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2009
Elaine rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Ericstiens rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2008
Sherrin rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Raven Wild
Raven Wild rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2013
Becky James
Feb 11, 2012 Becky James rated it really liked it
Susan rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2009
Missy Feigum
Missy Feigum rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2012
Anna Davison
Anna Davison rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2013
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2012
Heather rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2010
Duchess rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2010
Robert rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2009
Christine rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2009
Deborah Bowman
Deborah Bowman rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2012
Algernon rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2008
Maria rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2009
Shashank Singh
Shashank Singh rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Barney610 rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Randi Hope
Randi Hope rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2009
Britta rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2011