Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated (The Complete Idiot's Guides)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Now with gorgeous color photos! Updated and completely revised, this guide has been a bestseller ever since its first publication. Plus, it’s the only book to include knitting and crocheting, with both comprehensive instructions and exciting patterns. Readers will get:

A 32-page, full-color section featuring finished projects Goof-proof instructions to get them knitting and
Paperback, Third Edition, 256 pages
Published September 5th 2006 by Alpha (first published 1999)

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated

Dyah
Jul 27, 2007 Dyah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginner knitter
Shelves: artsncrafts
Barbara Breiter adalah pengasuh kolom knitting di about.com. Kali ini ikut menyusun revisi buku pertama The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting & Crocheting yang ditulis Gail Diven. Bagi mereka yang tertarik untuk belajar merajut, baik itu knitting ataupun crocheting, buku ini dapat menjadi pegangan pertama.

Isinya bukan penjelasan mendetail dan komprehensif tentang berbagai jenis tusukan rajut, tetapi merupakan pengenalan dasar-dasar merajut, dan hal-hal yang esensial bagi mereka yang benar-
Desiree'
The crochet patterns are easy to understand and are simple to make.
Katharine Holden
A good knitting guide with excellent text and illustrations. However, the glossary of terms is limited (no "yarn forward," for instance). I think it was a mistake on the part of the publishers to make the book a combo knitting and crochet guide since it prevents the book from serving as a comprehensive guide to either craft. Still, I did learn some things from this book and I will check out the author for other knitting books because she writes well and clearly.
Kristine (fezabel)
I had heard good things about this book. Unfortunately, they were mistaken. By trying to cover both knitting & crocheting, the author doesn't give adequate coverage to either one. The instructions are not nearly detailed enough. The patterns are the same as any other how-to book and could easily be found online for free. This book should have been split into separate books for each craft so more detail could be given for each one.
Cindy
Since I am new to knitting, this book has been a big help. I don't have anyone to answer my questions, so when a pattern calls for something I have no idea about, I figure it out from this book. In a few months, I might try crocheting. Rochelle and I are thinking of starting a knitting and crocheting circle in the fall. Let me know if you are interested in joining!
Angela
In my opinion, the best of all the beginner-level fiber books on the market. The illustrations and explanations are extremely clear. In general, the "Idiots" series seems to be structured better than "For Dummies", and in this case it's considerably better. Recommended for newbies and anyone who knows how to knit/crochet but would like a basic reference book.
Shannon
This book is geared towards beginner. The 32 full color pages help with learning new skills. Techniques/skills such as casting on/off, increasing, decreasing, and fixing gaffes such as dropped stitches are covered in this book. It is a fairly decent reference for simple skills.
Ginny Messina
I haven’t tackled the crochet part of this book, yet. The knitting section is a good resource for beginners, although I still think you need a video or helpful friend to get started. I would not have been able to learn to knit from this book.

Gina
Good book if you are learning to crochet or knit...offers pictures and directions for basic stitiches. WOuld have liked to see more patterns included though.
K Dog
somewhat easy to follow, I learned to make a scarf. my friend was moving so I inherited this book and decided to give knitting a shot.
Ashley
(FIRST EDITION) There are better and other books out there; this is a good BASIC guide. I prefer Stitch n' Bitch.
Kirsten
I am teaching myself how to knit so far this book has been a great help, I love all the pictures!
Emilie A Proctor
Emilie A Proctor marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Laura TAchna
Laura TAchna marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Ann Eickerman
Ann Eickerman marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Helen Lee
Helen Lee marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
RaeK
RaeK added it
Feb 12, 2015
Nicole Moore
Nicole Moore marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Kz
Kz marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Eva
Eva added it
Dec 29, 2014
Ian
Ian marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

The Complete Idiot's Guides (1 - 10 of 207 books)
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to 2012
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to American History
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to American Literature
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Ancient Greece
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Assertiveness
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Astronomy (Complete Idiot's Guide to)