Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated

Now with gorgeous color photos!

Updated and completely revised, this guide has been a bestseller ever since its first publication. Plus, it's the only book to include knitting and crocheting, with both comprehensive instructions and exciting patterns. Readers will get:

A 32-page, full-color section featuring finished projects

Goof-proof instructions to get them knitting and c
Paperback, Third Edition, 256 pages
Published September 5th 2006 by Alpha (first published 1999)

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting and Crocheting Illustrated

Dyah
Jul 27, 2007 Dyah rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginner knitter
Shelves: artsncrafts
Barbara Breiter adalah pengasuh kolom knitting di about.com. Kali ini ikut menyusun revisi buku pertama The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting & Crocheting yang ditulis Gail Diven. Bagi mereka yang tertarik untuk belajar merajut, baik itu knitting ataupun crocheting, buku ini dapat menjadi pegangan pertama.

Isinya bukan penjelasan mendetail dan komprehensif tentang berbagai jenis tusukan rajut, tetapi merupakan pengenalan dasar-dasar merajut, dan hal-hal yang esensial bagi mereka yang benar-
Katharine Holden
Jun 29, 2011 Katharine Holden rated it liked it
A good knitting guide with excellent text and illustrations. However, the glossary of terms is limited (no "yarn forward," for instance). I think it was a mistake on the part of the publishers to make the book a combo knitting and crochet guide since it prevents the book from serving as a comprehensive guide to either craft. Still, I did learn some things from this book and I will check out the author for other knitting books because she writes well and clearly.
Kristine (fezabel)
Jun 25, 2008 Kristine (fezabel) rated it it was ok
Shelves: knitting, reference
I had heard good things about this book. Unfortunately, they were mistaken. By trying to cover both knitting & crocheting, the author doesn't give adequate coverage to either one. The instructions are not nearly detailed enough. The patterns are the same as any other how-to book and could easily be found online for free. This book should have been split into separate books for each craft so more detail could be given for each one.
Cindy
Jul 01, 2008 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Since I am new to knitting, this book has been a big help. I don't have anyone to answer my questions, so when a pattern calls for something I have no idea about, I figure it out from this book. In a few months, I might try crocheting. Rochelle and I are thinking of starting a knitting and crocheting circle in the fall. Let me know if you are interested in joining!
Angela
Dec 22, 2009 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion, the best of all the beginner-level fiber books on the market. The illustrations and explanations are extremely clear. In general, the "Idiots" series seems to be structured better than "For Dummies", and in this case it's considerably better. Recommended for newbies and anyone who knows how to knit/crochet but would like a basic reference book.
Virginia Messina
I haven’t tackled the crochet part of this book, yet. The knitting section is a good resource for beginners, although I still think you need a video or helpful friend to get started. I would not have been able to learn to knit from this book.

Shannon
Sep 20, 2012 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
This book is geared towards beginner. The 32 full color pages help with learning new skills. Techniques/skills such as casting on/off, increasing, decreasing, and fixing gaffes such as dropped stitches are covered in this book. It is a fairly decent reference for simple skills.
Gina
Nov 03, 2008 Gina rated it liked it
Good book if you are learning to crochet or knit...offers pictures and directions for basic stitiches. WOuld have liked to see more patterns included though.
K Dog
Jun 23, 2007 K Dog rated it really liked it
somewhat easy to follow, I learned to make a scarf. my friend was moving so I inherited this book and decided to give knitting a shot.
Desiree'
Jul 31, 2015 Desiree' rated it really liked it
The crochet patterns are easy to understand and are simple to make.
Ashley
(FIRST EDITION) There are better and other books out there; this is a good BASIC guide. I prefer Stitch n' Bitch.
Kate
Dec 22, 2015 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafty
This book taught me how to knit and I go back to it every few months when I haven't knitted for a while and forget how to cast on. Like an idiot.
Kirsten
I am teaching myself how to knit so far this book has been a great help, I love all the pictures!
Claire
Aug 29, 2016 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really helpful, although I wish it had a better index.
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2008
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2010
KaTe
KaTe rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2008
Heather Marsiglia
Heather Marsiglia rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2009
Ermalinda Horne
Ermalinda Horne rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2008
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2010
Christie
Christie rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2008
Ahemx
Ahemx rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2012
Lynette Miles
Lynette Miles rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2013
Amanda Lorentz
Amanda Lorentz rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2013
Christine Page
Christine Page rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2007
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2009