Start by marking “Pita Ten, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Pita Ten, Vol. 01

Pita Ten, Vol. 01 (Pita Ten #1)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,534 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
How to Acquaint Oneself with an Angel: With middle school entrance exams coming up, Kotarou was hoping to crack down on his study habits. But when a zany girl unexpectedly moves in next door to him, those plans go straight down the drain. When Misha boldly asks Kotarou to go out with her the moment they meet. Stunned at the sight of the girl, Kotarou turns and darts away l ...more
Published January 13th 2004 by Tokyopop (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Pita Ten, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pita Ten, Vol. 01

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga Book Ever
248th out of 836 books — 3,182 voters
Black Butler, Vol. 1 by Yana TobosoPandora Hearts パンドラハーツ 1 by Jun MochizukiSailor Moon, #1 by Naoko TakeuchiFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaA Bride's Story, Vol. 1 by Kaoru Mori
Best Manga Art
117th out of 216 books — 189 voters

More lists with this book...

Keziah
Jul 06, 2015 Keziah rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013, donated
2/5 stars...

I was very disappointed because I had great expectations for this book.

First of all, at first I thought I read it wrong because it was so confusing. Turns out that I read it right. I had to read the beginning twice to understand.

Then, Misha (the main character) appears out of the blue and starts stalking a guy for all the book, being quite loud and extravagant, but nobody seems to mind or tell her to stop! And 3-4 times, she tells them she's an angel, but nobody questions it, or asks
Apr 22, 2014 Laura rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga, graphic-novels
It's amazing how the anime entertained me and the manga did nothing of the sorts! I never finished the series for some reason and I never realised it was based on a manga soooooo when I saw the 4 volume set going for dirt cheap I splashed some money on the manga..I wish I hadn't.

It's not the story that annoys me...It's the translation! It's stupidly over the top and way over hyped. I don't remember rolling my eyes so many times when watching the series. However, I do remember it being fun and si
Karaoke OK
May 27, 2008 Karaoke OK rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Fans of cute-looking characters
Shelves: manga-to-ignore
[Series Length: 8 volumes / Read: volumes 1]

I actually purchased the entire book series solely on the recommendation of a couple of acquaintances (who I've come to later learn really valued looks over substance).

In terms of character-design, female protagonist Misha is pretty cute and adorable. However, I just couldn't get past how annoying and intrusive she was in the first volume, so much so that I stopped reading the series pretty much afterwards. If I have the entire 8-book series sitting ri
Jaclyn
Oct 26, 2015 Jaclyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, yuck
This entire series gets a 1.5 out of me. When I was younger, I loved this series. It's been a solid 10 years since I've read it last, and now I'm a little confused of the fond memories I had of it. The dialogue is aggravating to read due to Misha's purposeful speech impediment, the characters are one-dimensional, and the story is never dug into enough to make it very interesting. About halfway through Koge-Donbo strives to darken the story and darken she does - with a heavier prominence on death ...more
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
Pita Ten is cute! I've wanted to read it for a while, and I finally got around to reading it! I liked it, and Misha is definitely...interesting. She is pretty over-the-top, and while I liked Pita Ten, I think a big part of why I didn't like it as much as I thought is because of Misha. I did like that she wanted to protect Kotarou, and maybe she'll calm down in the other volumes. It seemed a little younger than I expected it to be, and I'm not sure why- maybe because of how Misha talked? It did g ...more
Morgan
Jun 11, 2014 Morgan rated it liked it
I read this a while ago when I first started collecting manga. I don't quite recall all the events but I do remember it feeling a little to young for me. My young cousin enjoyed it. She is just getting into reading and I showed her this. This could be good for a young person who is just beginning to read for fun or someone who wants to learn more about manga. It is a pretty typical magical girl series, however, and not everyone like this manga genre. But little kids like this stuff occasionally.
Ella
Oct 11, 2014 Ella rated it really liked it
Misha's a cute angel. Though, when I first saw the cover my head went, "I must read this." While I was reading the manga, something popped up in my head and asked, "Did the creator's of Kamichama Karin make this?" Because I've watched the anime and by looking at this it kind of looked familiar.
Kyaputen Abby
Sep 01, 2011 Kyaputen Abby rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, i-own
Pita Ten- Volume 1 is an interesting manga and I enjoyed reading it and looking at the excellent drawings, but I found the way that Misha (i'm pretty sure thats the angel-sorry a bit unpro!) talked (e.g. mishy wishy, schoolly woolly, cutey wutey) was patronizing and painful to read! I'm sorry
Koge-Donbo but that brought it down to 2/5 stars.

Once again second time reading comes through!
I now really enjoy this... and it is 4/5, as I said before the drawings are lovely and I enjoy the story of Mis
Katie
Jul 21, 2011 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fantasy
Misha, the angel, is infuriating and confusing and if I were Kotaro - the boy she clings onto for no apparent reason - I would tell her were to go. She is invasive and down right rude, which fits hand in hand with her annoying 'mooshy wooshy' baby-talk.

Although this annoyed me at the start, I shall endeavour to read the rest of the series because it became a bit more mysterious and darker towards the end with the appearance of another angel(!?) - who hopefully doesn't seem to talk like a fool.
Esmeralda
Oct 21, 2012 Esmeralda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This books is about a boy that lives by himself and in a random day he finds a angel in his building... you have to read it to find out there adventures and people they meet. I love this book it made me laugh,cry,scream,and even think about how life really is...? The only thing that got me mad was the ending in the anime the book was in-general wonderful. Would read it again if they re-release it with a different publisher because I believe Tokyopop is not selling manga books at all.
✟ℜoxanne✟(Death by ßook Avalanche)
I have read the whole series of Pita Ten, there are 8 books in total. It's a very very cute series, I really enjoyed it. Misha can be a little bit annoying at points but her cuteness won me over. Shia is probably my favourite character in the series, she was always very mysterious. If I remember correctly I cried at the end of the series, you know it's a good story when you get so attached to the characters.
Selena
Oct 29, 2011 Selena rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Di Gi Charat fans, people who like laughs
This is one of those series that makes you laugh and cry at the same time. I'll admit, it was a tad confusing at times, but I associate it more with translation than the story itself, since a quick trip to google explained everything to me with a few fan-translator notes that Tokyopop (sadly) doesn't include in their books.

It's a ridiculously cute series and is so sweet it can rot your teeth.
Harriet
Jun 11, 2013 Harriet rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
I am not a big fan of this manga but i just could not help loving some of the characters. I will continue with the series, as I own up to number 4.

I thought i would end up with one favourite character but I love both Shia and Koboshi

I have been reading a lot lately and this manga is not the best but has been a break.
Kristine Hansen
Oct 28, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I really wanted to like this more, it's cute and moves fast and has a great cast of characters. BUT the voice of Misha in that baby-talk way of speaking drove me nuts and made me want to smack her. I love her personality otherwise, but that way of talking is going to drive me nuts if I try to read this whole thing...
Jennifer Tran
Apr 11, 2011 Jennifer Tran rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I brought this book because I liked the cover, I was a bit skeptical at first but the series got better when it reached volume 5. I couldn't stop buying and I used all my money buying the whole series. The drawings could be a bit neater but overall the artwork is really cute. I think I cried at the end of the book!
Jessica
Aug 20, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
It was good, but if I think about it.. it's not the easiest to figure out. It's cute, "aw, an angel!", but I can't really see where this is going.. and, the age they are.. doesn't seem to be played out so well.. They're more like older teens than elementary students.
Lord
Oct 09, 2008 Lord rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
First volume starts on a very lightheart note but eventually things get quite serious. The art is a bit weak but cute enough to enjoy, although Kotaro-kun looks exactly like Syaoran-kun from CCS. I'm curious enough to read volume 2 soon.
Jenna
Dec 17, 2012 Jenna rated it did not like it
It was all right.... The drawing style was cute but I'm not sure if I enjoyed it. The boy's face felt too mature for his body size and the transitions felt rather forced. Don't think I will read past the first volume.
Miliana
Feb 12, 2014 Miliana rated it it was ok
It was really hard for me to finish this manga. I just couldn't get into it at all. I have to admit though that at the end of the volume it started to pick up, other then that nothing great so far.
Lisa's book adventures
Sep 10, 2014 Lisa's book adventures rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Volume 1 sure makes you curious enough to wonder what's going to happen. It's all a bit mysterious but really cute and fun .
Mayday (m.i.d.e)
Beautiful artwork, you see. Totally not in to its story, didn't get it at all. But the artwork was so worth my time :))
Sammi
Jul 23, 2012 Sammi rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga, time-wasters
Couldn't get into it. I have to say.. I gave up and that's something I hate doing. >.<
Not my thing I'm afraid.
Bianca
Jun 20, 2009 Bianca rated it liked it
This is a manga book. It started kinda boring and the pictures were confusing but it is turning out ok . ;)
Annie
Aug 13, 2009 Annie rated it it was ok
This was the story of a schoolboy named Kotarou and his neighbor, an angel named Misha.
Denise
Jul 18, 2012 Denise rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
Liked the art, but the whole thing was just too cutesy for my taste.
Ica
Dec 12, 2010 Ica rated it it was ok
it was so boring -_-
but some parts were alright.
Bananajunior Charameo
Totally awesome things I could read all day!1
Elysee!
Dec 05, 2008 Elysee! rated it it was amazing
this book is sooooo adorable!!!
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 Amy added it
Pita-Ten, Volume 1 by Koge Donbo (2004)
Nia
Jul 30, 2009 Nia added it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Only partially read.... drove me nuts.
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 8 (D.N.Angel, #8)
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 2 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #2)
  • Rozen Maiden, Vol. 1
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01
  • Kill Me, Kiss Me Volume 1 (Kill Me, Kiss Me, #1)
  • Peach Girl: Change of Heart, Vol. 1 (Peach Girl, #9)
  • Negima!: Magister Negi Magi, Volume 8
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 1 (Eerie Queerie!, #1)
Koge-Donbo (or Koge-Donbo*) is the pen name of a Japanese manga artist. Koge-Donbo* started her career soon after college as a doujinshi artist. She got the idea of a unique pen-name, Koge-Donbo* from Akira Toriyama's pet cat. She made her first official US appearance at Otakon 2004 in Baltimore, MD as a Guest of Honor.
She's known best as the author of Pita-Ten, Kamichama Karin, and Kamichama Kari