Start by marking “Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)” as Want to Read:
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club #6)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  7,766 ratings  ·  73 reviews
In this sharp-witted romantic comedy about the clash of the classes (of all kinds), a poor girl at a rich kids' school ends up working at the school's toniest club-and gets mistaken for a boy!

In this high anticipated title, a kind of cross between HANA-KIMI and BOYS OVER FLOWERS, Haruhi is a scholarship student at an exclusive private school: Ouran High School, where it tu

Published May 2nd 2006 by VIZ Media (first published July 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
66th out of 592 books — 1,325 voters
Nana, Vol. 1 by Ai YazawaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 12 by Natsuki TakayaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 by Bisco Hatori
Most touching mangas
10th out of 109 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindley Walter-smith
What's there to say about another volume of Ouran? It's cute, and pretty, and has a kind of insane bubbling energy, and the characters are utterly adorable. So far, it has escaped falling into the doldrums of the second half of the anime series. Also, in this chapter, the fake twincest is thankfully toned down almost to invisibility.
Julie
I'll most likely write a review for more than one volume, or if I find the time I'll write a review for all of them.
Julie Hayes

Volume 6 of the Ouran High School Host Club begins with a plot, cloaked in secrecy and mystery!

The Host Club are playing a game together - it's called "Stinking Rich". Tamaki ends up a poor man, and Haruhi destitute, although she is unaware of what that entails. It is a penalty game, and as Kyoya is the winner, they must be his slave for two weeks! Meanwhile, Ouran High School is preparing for its school festival. The twins, for their class, are setting up a private detective agency, and they wi
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Created by Bisco Hatori, the series follows Haruhi Fujioka, a scholarship student at the prestigious Ouran High School. Haruhi is a girl, but she got gum put in her hair so she cut it short, and wears boys clothes. This wouldn't be terribly important, but one day she stumbles across the school's Host Club. The Host Club is basically a place for six idly rich pretty boys to be idly rich pretty boys, and idly rich pretty girls to come and fawn over them and pretend the b
S. J.
Sep 27, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: Anime; Series; Rebecca
FINALLY, I've got to some of the manga that wasn't in the anime. I was beginning to think it didn't exist.

I loved this story. The anime had a story surrounding a student fair but this was infinitely more fun to read about. Kyoya plays a big role and the rivalry in order to get the best room between the Host Club and the Football Club is wonderful. There is some interesting character development among the club members, particularly as Haruhi learns more about Tamaki's family situation and Tamaki
Chelsea K.
Well, it's a bit hard to review this one episode by episode as I usually do, since episodes 22-26 all center around the same main plot -- a parents night/fair at Ouran, where each grade sets up major activities for the parents to come and view. The Host Club and several other clubs are in competition for the use of the central salon -- the school's prime set-up location -- to use during the fair. Hijinks ensue, involving some Kyoya backstory and the football club. At the actual fair, Tamaki's pa ...more
Christina
The Ouran School Festival will be open in less than two weeks and the Host Club is already getting threats through anonymous hate mail. Now it's up to the Host Club to find the culprit behind the hate mail and expose their purpose for such lowly crimes! But will it turn out to be more than just what it seems?

I really liked seeing more about Tamaki's background. It made my heart ache a bit. Q-Q I sympathized with him and now have a newfound sense of respect and admiration for him. And although I
Shazza Maddog
Another fun collection of Bisco Hatori's Ouran High School Host Club stories. In this collection, the Host Club competes with the Football team to win the coveted Salon Room during the school festival, the better to show off their traits to their very wealthy parents. While the competition is progressing, someone is sending threatening letters to the Host Club, and Kyoya taps Haruhi to help him figure out who's sending the letters.

In the second part of the story, the Host Club shows off their s
Carina
This whole volume is dedicated to one story - the school festival. As well as having one whole volume dedicated to one story arc (which is an amusing one and, if I recall correctly, is where the anime series basically ends...) we get to meet members of Tamaki's, Kyoya's and Hikaru and Kaouro's families as well as learning that Hunny and Mori have younger siblings.

As usual there is some lovely artwork contained here, I must admit the cover art is one of my favourite pieces! Also the more light he
Melissa
I've been watching the live action version of Ouran and i felt the desire to read some of the manga again. I just adore the school festival story line. It's funny and engaging. It captured the best of Ouran. I do hope they make a live action episode(s) of it. ^^
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
To be completely honest, I thought this one was a bit boring compared to the others. It was still good, I liked learning more of Tamaki's background in this volume.

<3 Mori!
4.5 Stars for volume 6

Thoughts and Mostly Plots

Segment one - The Host Club are playing "Stinking Rich", a card game I'm assuming is similar to 'Rich man-Poor man." Tamaki ends up a poor man, and Haruhi ends up being destitute, although she is unaware of what that entails until Kyoya, the winner, tells her the consequences, which is they must be his slave for two weeks! Meanwhile, Ouran High School is preparing for its school festival, which is like a normal school festival in Japan...only it has
TOMMY
Feb 01, 2015 TOMMY added it
i think 4..00 dollars will be enough right now the raven and the tale tale heart but some of the books are not free unless you paying with your vises cards at pca pissoir coast academanda please return all book or what you are reading by the nth first of January or you will; have to pay the fee of 1,00000 thousands dollars bills out of your wallet unless you get a free books passes and take out any books from the sachem library, and that's goes for all staff and students if you didn't return all ...more
Laura Graves
I had a little trouble getting into this one. Though this series has been pretty silly so far, the last few volumes have touched on more serious topics. This one continues in that fashion with a look at family relationships, particularly those of Tamaki. So far, we’ve had an image of Tamaki that makes him seem as though he has no troubles. Now, we find out he has plenty of his own problems.

We saw a new side of Tamaki. For the first time Haruhi is able to appreciate who Tamaki is. He may be a lit
Haley Keller
I didn't realize until I was looking through Goodreads that it had been three years since I read volume five. That is just sad. Sure, I watched the anime multiple times (and the live drama at least once) in that time, but I can't believe it took me years to get around to reading the next volume. I've had up to volume ten sitting around forever, and I've been trying to get so many other things read that I just never got to them.

Ouran is one of those things that I remember I love it, but as soon a
Michelle. D.
Aimeekay
All the episodes in this volume, except for the last, follow the host club as they prepare for the school festival and the actual festival itself. (the festival is basically an open house for the students parents to come to) This volume gets deep into some of the reasons for why Kyoya and Tamaki are they way they are.
While we get to meet the twin's parents, and the father's of Tamaki and Kyoya. Hunny and Mori's parents never do make an appearance. And somehow Haruhi's father only has a one fram
Emy
Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

This volume is one where we get some serious character development for Tamaki and Kyoya, especially in regards to their family life. It follows the story of the school fetival, both the preparation for it and the festival itself, with the exception of the final chapter. We get to meet Kyoya's father, who is a total dick, and his sister, who reminds m
Taylor
It was hilarious, amazing, and awesome. First I would just like to say that Hikaru and Kaoru's mom is soo pretty and looks exactly like them which makes her even better. Although this was my first experience with part of the manga that's not an episode of the anime, I could picture it perfectly like it was an actual episode, probably because of all the EPIC things that Bisco Hatori does.

But there was one part in this book where Mori was bald on top... I was like "huh?" but it was probably someth
Ashley
Penny
Let me start out by saying that i will be writing one review for this manga. At first i had watched the anime that was adapted from this manga and i fell in love with the characters. It is a funny, cheesy kinda gender-bender romantic plot.

Compared to the anime, the manga had far more details and other stories involved.
Ok enough with the anime.

As i mentioned before the plot is a comedy, cheesy romantic, gender-bender...
Haruhi is a scholarship student at an exclusive rich high school called Ouran
Romi
Ouran High School Host Club vol. 6, Or: The frog soup book.
In which...
Haruhi is pitied. A frog is a possible soup ingredient. Aprons come off. A race is had against the football team. Haruhi is pitied. Tamaki has a revealing addition to his backstory. The twins do something. Mori talks earnestly with Haruhi.
Jenny Clark
Oh my goodness Kyoya is so creepy! But he is still lovable and Tamaki and his over the topness so cute:) And his back story awww so sad. Haruhi and her snarkness ahhaha Loveing this series and all the characters!
Yoon
Feb 27, 2010 Yoon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Candice Snow
I cannot give my love for Tamaki the justice it deserves. He is one of the most hilarious manga characters I have ever read about. Everything from his ridiculous poses to his exaggerated facial expressions always manages to make me laugh.

And this volume is no exception!

Plot: There is a race of wit and strength in which the only two competitors daring enough to enter are the beloved Host Club and the Basketball Club. It is full of shenanigans and ridiculousness.

Ok, the guy that is obsessed with o
Diana Enma
Realmente pienso que la historia está avanzando de una manera fantástica, ahora no son tantas aventuras cliché sino que tienen que ver con la historia personal de cada personaje y esto me encanta.
Mitzi Hq.
Manga que fue lo leído en carretera, muy sencillo de leer pero ya vamos conociendo mas de los miembros del club & eso es muy interesante ...more
Bec ♥ Live for the ones you love ♥
This Manga is absolutely ridiculous and I love it. It's great getting more background information on the characters.
Mai
funny as always :D also those little back-stories are nicely built-in
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 20 (Fruits Basket, #20)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 6 (Hana-Kimi, #6)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 05
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

More about Bisco Hatori...

Ouran High School Host Club (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 (Ouran High School Host Club, #11)
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 (Ouran High School Host Club, #15) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)

“Rule #3 - It's okay to believe yourself better than the rest of the planet, so long as you keep it to yourself.” 161 likes
“Mom! This is Haruhi! We'll adopt her someday so don't forget!

~Hikaru and Kaoru”