Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 07

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 07 (Ouran High School Host Club #7)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  6,035 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Hunny's little brother, Chika, pays a visit to the Host Club--and immediately starts attacking Hunny, using all his martial-arts prowess against his older brother! Chika seems to be the absolute opposite of his sweets-loving, Bun-Bun-toting sibling, but why is he so angry with Hunny? The Host Club is determined to find out the cause...
Published September 5th 2006 by VIZ Media (first published December 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 07, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 07

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
80th out of 569 books — 1,183 voters
Hana-Kimi, Vol. 1 by Hisaya NakajoOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 07 by Bisco HatoriOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriPrincess Princess by Mikiyo TsudaW Juliet, Vol. 1 by Emura
Best Gender Bender Mangas
2nd out of 20 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Circus Princess
Honey-senpai and Momiji are like twins. Their both Lolita characters, their both blonde, they both relate to bunnies, they're both adorable, and they both look and act half their actual age.

Momiji...
[image error]

and Hani-senpai....

CONSPIRACY!!!!! 0.o
Lindley Walter-smith
Not as much fun as previous volumes. There is a continuation of the long, boring, unrelated icky side story with the school rep having the romance with her unpleasant teacher and lapping up the emotional abuse, and two chapters spent on a boring story about Honey's younger brother. There are bright moments - there always are in Ouran - but not nearly enough.
Aimeekay
Though the summery says that Chika pays a visit to host club, that is not the only thing that happens in this volume. The volume starts off with the host club kidnapping Kyoya and dragging him along to a Regional Products Exhibition at a local (commoner) department store. However he is still asleep when they get there so they just leave him propped up against a pillar and go exploring. Fortunately he runs into Haruhi, who he uses to rescue himself.
Then in the next few chapters we are introduced...more
Christina
Kyoya is forced to learn the ways of a commoner, up close and personal, when Tamaki and the others drag him out of bed to the supermarket, and then forget him somewhere as he falls back to sleep. When Kyoya awakens an hour later, he has no cell phone and no wallet, thus, no way to get back home since he isn't entirely sure of where he is from his mansion either. But when Haruhi finds him and they go on an accidental date (her treat), she points out a contradiction in him that just may open his e...more
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
Sep 27, 2012 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: The anime
Shelves: manga, reviewed
This volume of Ouran starts off with Chapter 25
Ootori Kyouya wakes in a sea full of commoners without his phone or any cash. This causes the rich boy to panic because he's hungry and has no transportation. Eventually he runs into Haruhi, who treats him to lunch. Kyouya learns a lot from this experience, what it is you'll have to read for yourself.
Sesana
A bit less fun than the average volume of Host Club. The storyline with Hunny's younger brother did nothing for me. And I hate (hate) the backup story with the creepy and abusive student-teacher relationship. I hated it the first time it showed up, and I hated it more with this second part. I hope I've seen the last of it.
Shazza Maddog
In this collected series, we learn a little bit more about 'Mother' of the club, Kyoha, when he winds up with Haruhi at a department store mall. We also meet both Hunny and Mori's younger brothers, who are pretty much the exact opposites of their elder siblings, and Hunny and his little brother have a sibling rivalry (one-sided) thing going on.

A lot of this collection is taken up with the girls' school recruiting Haruhi to act in one of their plays, and the boys trying desperately to stop the p...more
Julie Hayes
The Ouran High School Host Club has a new mission. In order to better understand Haruhi, they are determined to experience the culture of the common folk firsthand. To that end they have kidnapped Vice President Kyoya against his will, brought him to a regional products exhibition, and then abandoned him as we begin the 7th volume the Bisco Hatori series. Kyoya is less than pleased to find himself there, once he wakes, minus his wallet and cell phone. Good fortune brings Haruhi his way, and he i...more
Michelle. D.
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 4 of 5 stars
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Created by Bisco Hatori, the series follows Haruhi Fujioka, a scholarship student at the prestigious Ouran High School. Haruhi is a girl, but she got gum put in her hair so she cut it short, and wears boys clothes. This wouldn't be terribly important, but one day she stumbles across the school's Host Club. The Host Club is basically a place for six idly rich pretty boys to be idly rich pretty boys, and idly rich pretty girls to come and fawn over them and pretend the b...more
Emy
Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

In this volume, we find out some more about Kyoya's character, and we meet Hunny and Mori's younger brothers. We also meet the Zuka Club again (gak) and we get to delve a little into the twins' past.

Firstly, the annoyance of the Zuka Club was offset by the appearance of Haruhi's dad. Thank goodness. I really don't know why they irritate me so much, j...more
Ashley
Penny
Let me start out by saying that i will be writing one review for this manga. At first i had watched the anime that was adapted from this manga and i fell in love with the characters. It is a funny, cheesy kinda gender-bender romantic plot.

Compared to the anime, the manga had far more details and other stories involved.
Ok enough with the anime.

As i mentioned before the plot is a comedy, cheesy romantic, gender-bender...
Haruhi is a scholarship student at an exclusive rich high school called Ouran...more
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Best chapter: when Kyoya is lost in the mall and has a lunch with Haruhi.

Worst chapters: the two that involved Hunny and his brother (although when they are fighting outside, and out of nowhere there is wind... I love the sense of humor of this mangaka).
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This was good. Cute series. And you can't help or smile at some moments. Really like these characters.
Yoon
Mar 18, 2010 Yoon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Charming volume exploring the extent of Kyouya's cold-bloodedness (I am ridiculously fond of him, so this was especially pleasing), the Haninozuka family, and hijinks with the Zuka Club from Roberia. There's also an amusing short story about the twins' childhood. And I liked the continuation of "Love Egoist," wherein Bisco Hatori proves to me that I'm an utter sap for certain kinds of romances.

Man, I'm now going to have to wrest vol. 8 out of the library system...maybe I should bring an index ca...more
Yajhaira Tellado
They are so funny specially the twins.
Janet Wu
Hunny in his full glory
Addie
Loved it. Super cute!
Lauren
Haruhi is one of my favorite manga characters of all time. She is funny and strong even against a bushel of guys (strange kinds of guys by the way, but they are lovable too!) Even though all of the guys fit in their own individual stereotype that is exactly what makes the series as a whole so funny and enjoyable. The relationship between Haruhi and Tamaki is epic and I can tell you for a fact that I will be re-reading this series many times in the future!

I would really recommend watching the ani...more
Jenny
[Ch. 28-31]

Hm, I really liked this volume. It was interesting to see Hunny and his brother go at it. I love Hunny.

The last story.. Ah, I gotta say that club at that girl's school (Zuka Club I think) is a bit weird.

I liked the twins' story. They were so cute and mischievous when they were young.

I didn't bother reading that Love Egoist story. It didn't really have much to do with the series so yeah...
Rarietty
I have to admit it, but I'm addicted to this series. The beginning was a little rough, but that's probably because it was just starting to get into the story. This weekend I began on volume 4 and now (Monday) I'm on volume 7. The story is getting so much character development in and it's a good thing. I also LOVE the humor and the overall design and plot. Amazing!
Treasure
Ooohhh, getting to the nitty gritty of the back stories and family dramas of the members of Ouran Host Club. Still silly and full of manga "inside" jokes, but the stories also have a bit more drama and personal history in them, which is nice.
I LOVE that Hunny is so small and adorable yet totally kicks ass, literally. Love it.
Jocelyne
October 2013: 4 Stars
Good volume. Strangely enough though I'd have to say that my favourite parts were the bonuses: "Extra Episode: Hitachiin Family Background" and "Love Egoist: Please Please Me". Especially "Love Egoist" :3 What a nice twist at the end. Who knew Mr. Saginuma and Nakamori would get so interesting? ^_^
Dexter/Persy
Hooray for brothers! Not only do we get an epic cover, but a story introducing Hunny's brother and Mori's brother and an extra episode about Hikaru's and Kaoru's childhood! I also really like the Kyoya/Haruhi episode, and the Love Egoist chapter is excellent. A good volume all around!
Rena
I am starting to actually like the twins more and more. Despite their devious nature, they are extremely funny. I don't care how many times I say this, I absolutely adore this series. I'm sure I have started to drive some people crazy saying that.
Kereesa
Volume 7 of the Ouran High School Host Club was mostly full of frivolous episodes and didn't have much character development except perhaps in the case of Kyoya. Enjoyable, but it does get kind of boring to read after a while. Still cute though. 3.5-4/5
Emily Farrar
I loved the "Love Egoist" in the back, something about that story I love!
OMG Kyoya was so funny though when he got stuck in the mall with Haruhi how he was so mad at Tamaki and the others!
Molly
May 27, 2012 Molly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I am really enjoying this... like, I actually laugh out loud at some parts. You have to get through the first few volumes and ignore the general ridiculousness of it all. But it's worth it.
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 13 (Hana-Kimi, #13)
  • Fruits Basket, Volume 12
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
  • My Sweet Kaicho, Vol. 8
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

More about Bisco Hatori...
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 02 Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 03 Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 04

“Isn't strength the ability to renounce every lie in your heart?” 37 likes
“Tamaki: Having the courage to be able to admit what you love... enjoying what you love... and being true to yourself... Isn't that also what it means to be strong?” 23 likes