Start by marking “Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake” as Want to Read:
Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake

Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake (Flicka, Ricka, Dicka)

Flicka, Ricka, and Dicka were three little girls who lived in Sweden. They had blue eyes and yellow curls, and they looked very much alike.When they decided to bake a surprise cake for their mother's birthday, their friend Aunt Betty helped them. She told them how to make Mother's favorite cake, and she watched them put it in the oven.Remember -- your cake should bake just ...more
Published March 1st 1995 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published 1955)

To ask other readers questions about Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake

Elevetha
I actually remember reading, and liking, this one as a child. The sisters decide to bake a cake (go figure) for their mother for her birthday. After the first one burns due to inattentiveness (we've all been there), they make another one - a better one.

One thing I've noticed is that tears are shed in nearly every Flicka, Ricka, Dicka book and, usually, it's Dicka.

Also, I can't tell the 3 girls apart, other than that the fusspot, Dicka, cries more than the others. They have zero personality, let
Kendall Anne
Ok these kid books are just so cute!!!!!!! My grandma owns practically them all, and I still remember her reading them to me when I was little! Great Swedish books, and even now I like to read them! =)
Margaret Chind
Albert Whitman continues to amaze and please me a a mother and teacher. I'm completely delighted with this reprinted series of Flicka, Ricka, Dicka and especially Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake. here the triplets want to do something for Mother's birthday and with the guidance of a family friend who has known Mother since she was a child they decide to bake her favorite cake.

The illustrations are adorable. The plot is cute and has a lesson of it's own. The text is simple enough for early read
HeavyReader
Dec 06, 2011 HeavyReader rated it liked it
I don't know how I ended up with this book when I was a kid. I know I got it when I was very young, first or second grade. And I know I got it from my school. In the inside front cover of the book is the name of the school I went to for most of first and all of second grade. The book was already very, very old when I got it, already kind of falling apart. Inside the front cover is also written the year the school library acquired the book, 1957. Whoa! (My mom wasn't even a teenager in 1957.) But ...more
Cindi
Apr 09, 2009 Cindi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book was a good test case today. My six year old and her friend let me read a couple of books to them. This was one of them. My daughter loves these Flicka, Ricka, Dicka books and I wanted to see if it was just her or if it was her age group. Part way through this book, we had an interruption. The older girls wanted the younger ones to come with them, which they were anxious to do, AFTER they heard the rest of the book.

I liked this one particularly because the girls bake a cake. They make a
Sarai
Feb 23, 2010 Sarai rated it really liked it
The triplets want to bake a cake for their mother's birthday, but they go outside to play and the cake burns. The gals make a second cake and keep a good eye on it this time and are able to surprise their mother with a nice cake.

Really, I think these girls might be a bit young to be left in charge of an oven, especially as they are so easily distracted. But the message of trying again and getting it right is a good one.
CLM
Jul 18, 2008 CLM rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
There were several Swedish authors in my elementary school library, and most were more interesting than Lindman's triplet girls Flicka Ricka Dicka and the triplet boys Snip Snap and Spur. And yet, there was something winsome about these identically dressed girls who often wound up in trouble, and this was the one I picked for my nieces when they were reprinted over ten years ago.
Megan
Sep 21, 2009 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I originally read this book at my mom’s home town library where she grew up. She had also read the Flicka books when she was young. They are timeless. A little dated, but classic, these books encourage love, generosity, honesty, helpfulness, and responsibility.
Dianna
Aug 23, 2010 Dianna rated it it was amazing
I liked Snipp Snapp Snurr and the Gingerbread better, but this was still a very nice little book—a lot tamer, though.
Kevin
May 11, 2014 Kevin rated it it was amazing
Love this book. The illustrations remind me of the Dick and Jane books when I was a kid.
Paula
There's no sentiment for me and looks like a book from the fifties.
Jill
Mar 21, 2015 Jill rated it really liked it
This was on my childhood bookshelf passed down from my sisters. A cute story about sisters trying to bake a cake for their mother.
Emily
Dec 24, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All children
Recommended to Emily by: Mom
Shelves: kids-books
I read this Flicka, Ricka, Dicka book as a child. However, while this story was good, it was not as memorable to me.
Miss Clark
Aug 20, 2013 Miss Clark rated it liked it

Cute story of the three sisters baking their Mom a birthday cake.
Melissa
Jul 27, 2010 Melissa rated it it was amazing
forty years later, I could walk to the very shelf of my small town public library to find this book this book - what fun!
Maria
Jun 27, 2016 Maria marked it as to-read
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2009
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Sara Parker
Sara Parker rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2008
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2010
Laura Harris
Laura Harris rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2016
Deborah Granick
Deborah Granick rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
George
George rated it liked it
May 30, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2010
Ac
Ac rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Ez
Ez rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2009
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Flicka, Ricka, Dicka (10 books)
  • Flicka, Ricka, Dicka and the Strawberries