Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake

Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake (Flicka, Ricka, Dicka)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Flicka, Ricka, and Dicka were three little girls who lived in Sweden. They had blue eyes and yellow curls, and they looked very much alike.When they decided to bake a surprise cake for their mother's birthday, their friend Aunt Betty helped them. She told them how to make Mother's favorite cake, and she watched them put it in the oven.

"Remember -- your cake should bake jus...more
Published March 1st 1995 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published 1955)

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenPippi Goes on Board by Astrid LindgrenThe Children of Noisy Village by Astrid LindgrenRonia, the Robber's Daughter by Astrid LindgrenChristmas in Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren
Sweden
26th out of 77 books — 13 voters
Bunny Cakes by Rosemary WellsCupcake by Charise Mericle HarperPancakes for Breakfast by Tomie dePaolaLittle Mouse and the Big Cupcake by Thomas TaylorIf You Give a Cat a Cupcake by Laura Joffe Numeroff
Picture Books About Cakes
33rd out of 59 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Kendall Anne
Ok these kid books are just so cute!!!!!!! My grandma owns practically them all, and I still remember her reading them to me when I was little! Great Swedish books, and even now I like to read them! =)
HeavyReader
I don't know how I ended up with this book when I was a kid. I know I got it when I was very young, first or second grade. And I know I got it from my school. In the inside front cover of the book is the name of the school I went to for most of first and all of second grade. The book was already very, very old when I got it, already kind of falling apart. Inside the front cover is also written the year the school library acquired the book, 1957. Whoa! (My mom wasn't even a teenager in 1957.) But...more
Margaret
Albert Whitman continues to amaze and please me a a mother and teacher. I'm completely delighted with this reprinted series of Flicka, Ricka, Dicka and especially Flicka, Ricka, Dicka Bake a Cake. here the triplets want to do something for Mother's birthday and with the guidance of a family friend who has known Mother since she was a child they decide to bake her favorite cake.

The illustrations are adorable. The plot is cute and has a lesson of it's own. The text is simple enough for early read...more
Cindi
This book was a good test case today. My six year old and her friend let me read a couple of books to them. This was one of them. My daughter loves these Flicka, Ricka, Dicka books and I wanted to see if it was just her or if it was her age group. Part way through this book, we had an interruption. The older girls wanted the younger ones to come with them, which they were anxious to do, AFTER they heard the rest of the book.

I liked this one particularly because the girls bake a cake. They make a...more
Kevin
Love this book. The illustrations remind me of the Dick and Jane books when I was a kid.
Sarai
The triplets want to bake a cake for their mother's birthday, but they go outside to play and the cake burns. The gals make a second cake and keep a good eye on it this time and are able to surprise their mother with a nice cake.

Really, I think these girls might be a bit young to be left in charge of an oven, especially as they are so easily distracted. But the message of trying again and getting it right is a good one.
CLM
There were several Swedish authors in my elementary school library, and most were more interesting than Lindman's triplet girls Flicka Ricka Dicka and the triplet boys Snip Snap and Spur. And yet, there was something winsome about these identically dressed girls who often wound up in trouble, and this was the one I picked for my nieces when they were reprinted over ten years ago.
Megan
I originally read this book at my mom’s home town library where she grew up. She had also read the Flicka books when she was young. They are timeless. A little dated, but classic, these books encourage love, generosity, honesty, helpfulness, and responsibility.
Dianna
I liked Snipp Snapp Snurr and the Gingerbread better, but this was still a very nice little book—a lot tamer, though.
Melissa
forty years later, I could walk to the very shelf of my small town public library to find this book this book - what fun!
Paula
There's no sentiment for me and looks like a book from the fifties.
Damann Jackson
Damann Jackson marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Jael
Jael added it
Feb 19, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jan 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Flicka, Ricka, Dicka and the New Dotted Dresses Flicka, Ricka, Dicka and the Three Kittens Snipp, Snapp, Snurr and the Yellow Sled Flicka, Ricka, Dicka and the Strawberries Flicka, Ricka, Dicka and the Big Red Hen