Start by marking “The Trumpeter Swan” as Want to Read:
The Trumpeter Swan

The Trumpeter Swan

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  73 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
It had rained all night, one of the summer rains that, beginning in a thunder-storm in Washington, had continued in a steaming drizzle until morning. There were only four passengers in the sleeper, men all of them-two in adjoining sections in the middle of the car, a third in the drawing-room, a fourth an intermittent occupant of a berth at the end. They had gone to bed un ...more
Published March 1st 2007 by 1st World Library (first published January 1st 1920)

To ask other readers questions about The Trumpeter Swan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trumpeter Swan

Stone
Nov 13, 2008 Stone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very interesting book about a swan
Kerri
Jan 06, 2014 Kerri rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Most of the reviews on this page refer to the book "The Trumpet of the Swan" by E.B. White, a children's classic. This book by Temple Bailey is an adult romance novel, published in 1920. The Bailey book is not a children's book, so don't get confused and turn your children loose with this one. The only swan in this book is a rather sad, stuffed one.

The story is set mostly in Virginia at the end of World War I. American soldiers are returning home from war and one of them is Randy Paine. He is di
Kyledrahl
Apr 18, 2010 Kyledrahl rated it it was amazing
I read this book when i was younger about 8 or 9. This book was so fascinating to me because it made me feel that things like trumpeting swans were possible. If that was so, anything else could be possible. That was the reason this book was so intriguing and important to me. Temple Bailey was a great writer, that showed of how she made a swan have many feelings and an emotional capacity that is equal to humans.
My personal favorite moment in this whole book was when the trumpeter swan asked it
Rachel
Dec 30, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2014
Post WWI story. Light, easy read.
Ashley Anderson
Feb 09, 2011 Ashley Anderson rated it really liked it
I read this book around fifth grade and feel in love with it! I was intrigued with the little details of the swan's tools for communicating with people and wished i could have as cool of a pet. This story is one of the first I remember actually enjoying as a child.
Lara
Jan 16, 2011 Lara rated it really liked it
I recently read this to Zane. I had never read it before.. . Zane and I both loved this book. Zane actually would give it 5 stars but I am more stingy with my stars. :)
Kayla
Aug 21, 2008 Kayla rated it really liked it
I had to read this book in fourth or fifth grade,(i cant remember) but it was an ok book.
Josiah Cro
Feb 03, 2011 Josiah Cro rated it really liked it
a great book, pretty funny
Vanessa
Vanessa is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2016
Fotini
Fotini marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Jessi
Jessi marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Christine
Christine is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2016
Lucy Meissner
Lucy Meissner marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Mulan Ozeki
Mulan Ozeki marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Louisa
Louisa rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Eric Smiley
Eric Smiley rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Aine
Aine rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Abigail Winslow
Abigail Winslow rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Maureen
Maureen rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
Olivia
Olivia rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Joshua LeBouef
Joshua LeBouef rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Deborahm
Deborahm marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
TINA M. STEVEN
TINA M. STEVEN rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Heartshome
Heartshome marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Christine Hosch
Christine Hosch rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Irene Temple Bailey was an American novelist and short story writer. —Source: Wikipedia
More about Temple Bailey...