Start by marking “Autobiography of Malcom X” as Want to Read:
Autobiography of Malcom X

Autobiography of Malcom X

This is the story of a man who lived several distinct chapters of a great American life. From petty criminal to defiant race rights fighter to leader of the Black Muslim movement, his life story is provocative and engrossing.
Published December 4th 1973 by Cliffs Notes

To ask other readers questions about Autobiography of Malcom X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Autobiography of Malcom X

Kaelyn Collins
Feb 22, 2015 Kaelyn Collins rated it it was amazing
The Autobiography of Malcolm X is the journey Malcolm little embarked to become El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz. Before reading this book I knew very little about Malcolm X; before all I could tell you about him is that he was a civil rights leader. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Malcolm X now is an honest man. This book was extremely insightful in terms of race, religion and the way the American system works. I found it insightful because of the way he evolved mentally from the tim ...more
Colin .d
Feb 05, 2015 Colin .d rated it really liked it
It was very informative but very violent. I think it deserves a good rating becuase it was a quick book and is very intriguing. I recommend this book to anyone who loves to read graphic novels and loves the post-civil war drama. It was very strange how I was always taught about how MLK jr. was such a savior. But Malcolm was all most as important. Schools should teach more about him and his acts of equality but not the parts of violence.
Cameron Maeva
Jun 13, 2016 Cameron Maeva rated it it was amazing
Malcolm X is born Malcolm Little in Omaha, Nebraska. The Midwest, during this period, is full of discrimination and racial violence. Malcolm’s family moves to Michigan where they continue to experience persecution and violence. White people murder Malcolm’s father and force his mother into a mental hospital. After living in a Michigan detention home and completing the eighth grade, Malcolm moves to Boston, Massachusetts, to live with his half-sister, Ella. In Boston Malcolm quickly becomes invo ...more
Tre Dabney
At first when i was reading the intro i didn't like the book but then when i actually began to get into the book it became interesting. His life was so hard but he still managed to do good in school. He was young when everything happened in his life and he thought that white people accepted us but when he got to an older age he understood that they would never accept us.
Slutty Book Club
May 16, 2016 Slutty Book Club rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nikki-s-shelf
I loved this book. Malcom X was an incredible story teller, and this book is vital to understanding the struggle for civil rights and against racism in America.
Anthony Mayor
Jul 30, 2016 Anthony Mayor rated it it was amazing
Good book, I wanted to learn about his life and the details of his assasination. What was the black panthers all about?
Ibrahim Ismail
Feb 21, 2015 Ibrahim Ismail rated it it was amazing
من اجمل الكتب اللى قرأتها ...هذا الكتاب
Mahin Atiq
Inspirational.
Strongly recommended.
Austin Giberson
Jan 05, 2015 Austin Giberson rated it really liked it
I thought it was a very good book. I didn't think I would enjoy it with the amount of pages it had, but I enjoyed every page of it. The thing I liked most about this book is how the vocabulary was so complex. I enjoy reading books with difficult words.
Toluwani Oyebo
couldn't finish it.
not my style of writing...
Ibrahim
Ibrahim rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Noura
Noura marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Peter Wachira
Peter Wachira marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Joseph Williams
Joseph Williams rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Cody Buckley
Cody Buckley marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Rabia
Rabia marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Imran
Imran added it
Sep 15, 2016
Kari Larsen
Kari Larsen rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Akash
Akash marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Lina
Lina marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Anthony Meals
Anthony Meals marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
John Vaquera
John Vaquera marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Raquel
Raquel marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Clauber Stipkovic
Clauber Stipkovic marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Catalina
Catalina marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
  • A New Aristotle Reader
  • Martin Luther King, Jr. (DK Biography)
  • Charles Bukowski Poetry Collection
  • The Autobiography of Malcom X (Bloom's Reviews)
  • Metu Neter, Vol. 1: The Great Oracle of Tehuti and the Egyptian System of Spiritual Cultivation
  • Martin Luther King, Jr.: A Life
  • الرسالة الثانية من الإسلام
  • Socratic Circles: Fostering Critical and Creative Thinking in Middle and High School
  • Psychedelic Prayers: And Other Meditations
  • Will it Fly?: How to Know If Your New Business Idea Has Wings...Before You Take the Leap
  • أهل اليسار يا ليل
  • How to Work for an Idiot: Survive & Thrive Without Killing Your Boss
  • Invisible Writer: A Biography of Joyce Carol Oates
  • Ten Great Works of Philosophy
  • Bad as I Wanna Be
  • Emperor of the Eight Islands (Tale of Shikanoko, #1-2)
  • Epic Study Guide