Start by marking “Thief of Hearts (Body of Evidence, #2)” as Want to Read:
Thief of Hearts (Body of Evidence, #2)

Thief of Hearts (Body of Evidence #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  282 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
""Why would anyone want to tear out someone's heart?""That's the very real question facing college freshman Jenna Blake, and it has nothing to do with romance and heartbreak. A second grisly murder mystery is unfolding at Somerset University, and her job as a pathology assistant at the local hospital brings Jenna too close to the haunting crimes.

Everyone has a theory on th
Mass Market Paperback, 245 pages
Published August 1st 1999 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Thief of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thief of Hearts

Ingo
May 18, 2014 Ingo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Tess Gerritsen
Fast read, not as good as the last one, but for a series ok.
Some books feel too long or have too much unnecessary romance scenes, this is here luckily not the case, the romance is ok.
And it is 3.5 stars, but as that is not possible and up until the second victim it is ok, but after that gets slow and takes too long.
Liked the killings and cannot share the sentiment of other reviews about the killer coming from left field or whatever.
Recommended if you liked the first book and want more of the sa
Brianna C
Nov 30, 2014 Brianna C rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
"She was numb. Then something changed. Instead of cold, she was burning up. Instead of numb, she was enraged. It wasn't just a puzzle. It wasn't just a mystery. It was an obscenity."

I remember reading this series when I was younger and really liking it. When I saw it at my library randomly, I decided to read them again. This is the second in the Body of Evidence series. It took awhile to get my hands on it, but I'm happy that I did. This series follows Jenna as she gets a job in a morgue while g
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

After Jenna Blake's very eventful first week at Somerset University in Masachusetts (BODY BAGS) which included politically motivated killings and attempts on her life, it would be hard to believe that college could get even more complicated. But in THIEF OF HEARTS, it does just that, and in true style!

Jenna's been at college for a month now, getting into the rythm of classes, friendship (with her roommate Yoshiko, best friend Melody, and Melody's brother Hunte
Meiran
Jul 04, 2012 Meiran rated it liked it
Shelves: library
This book was in many ways an improvement over the first in the series, the mystery and the killer was a lot more put together and thought out. I was impressed.

I could do without the weird not exactly a love interest side of it between the 18-year-old college student and the 31-year-old detective. It got a little repetitive and boring.

I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about the biggest plot twist of the book. It definitely was well done and didn't feel gratuitous but at the same time I wasn
Tammy
May 09, 2014 Tammy rated it liked it
I liked the book although I didn't like who they killed off.
Harold
Feb 24, 2014 Harold rated it liked it
Killer on campus. Delightfully grisly at times.
ETH
Jan 31, 2014 ETH rated it liked it
It was predictable, but decent.
Diana
Jun 30, 2011 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
High 4. It's really too bad that I had to be right about what I said while reading the first book, but yay I was right!
(view spoiler)
I liked it I really did but it wasn't much different from the first. Jenna's only been in college two months and they've already tried to kill her twice?
Great mystery and good story but kind of repetitive.
David Peters
Feb 17, 2011 David Peters rated it liked it
Another in this TV like book series. Characters aren't to deep and the plot is a little thin, but they are fun and perfectly meet the need I am trying to fill. That is, they are my small paperback mystery need - fits into my pocket.

That said the murder victim is a little shocking gien the style of the book.
Jan
Apr 12, 2010 Jan rated it really liked it
The second in the Body of Evidence series is just as good as the first. Someone is stealing hearts, no really stealing hearts. Jenna's brother who is new in town becomes a suspect. This series is fun for older teens and even adults.
Amy
May 07, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
Liked the first one so much, went straight for the second one. Read it with a friend during the cheerleading championships in Chattanooga, TN.
Glenn
Sep 13, 2008 Glenn rated it liked it
Quick read about a serial murderer around a college campus. Good storyline - held my attention. I'd give this 3.5 stars.
David
Apr 27, 2010 David rated it liked it
This is a young adults series but I am enjoying it.
Timothy Dugan
Jun 20, 2013 Timothy Dugan rated it it was amazing
This is a great book, I recommend this to everyone I know
Leah Hession
Leah Hession rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Jason High
Jason High marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Marie Rucker
Marie Rucker marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Pam Campbell
Pam Campbell marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Corey McCarthy
Corey McCarthy marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Daisy
Daisy marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Viktoria
Viktoria marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Richard Shewmaker
Richard Shewmaker rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Shanta Gibson
Shanta Gibson rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2016
  • Murder on the Fourth of July (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #28)
  • Whiteout (Hunted, #3)
  • The Circle of Blood (Forensic Mysteries, #3)
Christopher Golden is the award-winning, bestselling author of such novels as The Myth Hunters, Wildwood Road, The Boys Are Back in Town, The Ferryman, Strangewood, Of Saints and Shadows, and (with Tim Lebbon) Mind the Gap. Golden co-wrote the lavishly illustrated novel Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire with Mike Mignola, which they are currently scripting as a feature film ...more
More about Christopher Golden...

Body of Evidence (10 books)
  • Body Bags (Body of Evidence, #1)
  • Soul Survivor (Body of Evidence, #3)
  • Meets the Eye (Body of Evidence, #4)
  • Head Games (Body of Evidence, #5)
  • Skin Deep (Body of Evidence, #6)
  • Burning Bones (Body of Evidence, #7)
  • Brain Trust (Body of Evidence, #8)
  • Last Breath (Body of Evidence, #9)
  • Throat Culture (Body of Evidence, #10)