Start by marking “The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook: 350 Essential Recipes for Inspired Everyday Eating” as Want to Read:

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  17 reviews
This uniquely accessible collection draws together the best vegetarian recipes of Italy-350 in all. 'Pasta and pizza may be Italy's most eye-catching exports, but it is the country's varied and sensible use of vegetables that provides the best inspiration for American cooks,' writes Jack Bishop. 'Asparagus spears coated with a little olive oil and roasted to intensify thei...more
Published September 9th 1997 by Rux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook

Kat
Lots of great recipes - as authentic as I can possibly imagine (see, Nonna - Italians don't have to eat meat in everything)! I just wish there were more photos - the images really make a cookbook special for me.
h
Sep 07, 2013 h rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: food, re-read
The recipes are simple and the outcome is delicious. Many of my favorites are only 3-5 ingredients. I taught myself to cook by working my way through this collection and serving the results to friends in 2005-6. Fritattas, sauces, vegetable side dishes, risottos. The leek and tomato sauce with thyme is a great starter for soup. Now that I am starting to bake, i get to explore new chapters! Jack works for America's Test Kitchen now.
Jamie
This is one of my very favorite cookbooks! Everything is so delicious, it might as well be gourmet, but so easy to cook it's my go to cookbook for busy nights. I've even thrown an elegant dinner party with these recipes, and it never fails to impress, and has never let me down.
just sarah
the recipes in this cookbook are quite authentic, which is saying a lot since italian food usually contains meat. the dishes are simple & delicious and no matter how few ingredients i have on-hand, i can almost always use a recipe from this book and have a tasty meal.
Loraine
Pesto, pizza, polenta and lots and lots of vegetarian dishes of the finest kind are in this book. If I had any space I would buy it and add it to my kitchen bookshelves. Yum!
Liz
This is one of my favorite cookbooks. To me, the tomato tart recipe alone is nearly worth the price of the book. I have yet to make a single bad recipe from this cookbook.
Tiffany
Every recipe I've tried from this cookbook has turned out to be delicious, and many have become family favorites.
Adrian Piazza
A great guide to expand your Italian repertoire. It is more about good food and less about how to do without meat.
Andrea
This book rarely sees a shelf - it's always in our kitchen! Reliable recipes that are full of flavor.
Kecia
I looked and looked and looked but I could not find a single recipe that I wanted to try out. Disappointing.
Ellen Stroud
An essential cookbook. Everything recipe I have tried has been both delicious and beautiful.
Amelia
I just checked this out from the library and am really excited about a lot of these recipes, yum!
Judy
My favorite cookbook and the one I go to most often.
Jane
Everything in this is good. Everything.
Katie
my most-used cookbook
Shannon
Great pairings included
Melody
LOVE this cookbok
Raj Rangachari
Raj Rangachari marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Sean Mars
Sean Mars marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Chelsie Marie Pritz
Chelsie Marie Pritz marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Katvagrant
Katvagrant marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
  • The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen
  • Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison's Kitchen
  • Passionate Vegetarian
  • Quick-Fix Vegetarian: Healthy Home-Cooked Meals in 30 Minutes or Less
  • Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special: More Than 275 Recipes for Soups, Stews, Salads and Extras
  • Lord Krishna's Cuisine: The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking
  • Love Soup: 160 All-New Vegetarian Recipes from the Author of The Vegetarian Epicure
  • Yellow Rose Recipes
  • Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian: More Than 650 Meatless Recipes from Around the World
  • The Voluptuous Vegan: More Than 200 Sinfully Delicious Recipes for Meatless, Eggless, and Dairy-Free Meals
  • The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet: 101 Globally Inspired Vegan Creations Packed with Fresh Flavors and Exciting New Tastes
  • The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet
  • Vegan Lunch Box Around the World: 125 Easy, International Lunches Kids and Grown-Ups Will Love!
  • Cradle of Flavor: Home Cooking from the Spice Islands of Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore
  • The Ultimate Ice Cream Book: Over 500 Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, Drinks, And More
  • Flatbreads & Flavors
  • Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook
  • The Candle Cafe Cookbook: More Than 150 Enlightened Recipes from New York's Renowned Vegan Restaurant
A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen: Easy Seasonal Dishes for Family and Friends Vegetables Every Day: The Definitive Guide to Buying and Cooking Today's Produce, with Over 350 Recipes Pasta e Verdura: 140 Vegetable Sauces for Spaghetti, Fusilli, Rigatoni, and All Other Noodles Cooking Around the World All-In-One for Dummies Ralph Ellison