Start by marking “Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 1

Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 1 (Peace Maker Kurogane #1)

A young man search for vengeance...
Published October 12th 2004 by ADV Manga (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 1

Heidi
Apr 19, 2009 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I absolutely love this series for its serious, historical basis mixed with a bit of humor and great characterization.
Fractalhead
May 06, 2013 Fractalhead rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-manga
Mungkin bintang 5 itu overrated.. tapi ini sifatnya subyektif banget, setelah membaca volume 1 komik ini aku tak pikir panjang beli volume selanjutnya. latar belakang kisahnya era kebangkitan kelompok shinsengumi yang dimotori Kondo Isami dan Hijikata Toshizou. Jangan harap ini cerita sejarah yang sesuai dengan aslinya, karena penokohan anggota shinsengumi di sini lumayan aneh dan super comical untuk kepentingan sebuah komik fiksi. tokoh utama kisah ini sebetulnya bocah fiktif Tetsunosuke Ichimu ...more
Red Nuht
Jan 24, 2009 Red Nuht rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any anime/manga fan, fans of Rurouni Kenshin and other historical anime/manga series
Sequel to the first manga (entitled Peacemaker) and to the anime series, this historical fiction graphic novel is a must read of all anime/manga fans alike.
Nanae Chrono's art combined with her amazing story telling ability really grabs your attention while at the same time gives you a great incite into japan's history.

Peacemaker Kurogane as well as its precursor Peacemaker are one of my all time (top 5) manga series out there today.

A sneak peek into the first manga, Peacemaker, can be found [he
intrepideddie
Jul 23, 2014 intrepideddie rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
I got this book because of its solid rating and the artwork on the cover. From the book description, I was expecting an interesting manga that takes place in feudal Japan. I really need to research books better before getting them...

This book made no sense to me. At all. I tried reading it several times, but I just couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.

And some guy in the story had what looked like 9mm pistols. In feudal Japan?! Granted, I know that this is manga, and chances are that s
Danielle
Aug 13, 2013 Danielle rated it it was ok
I was really confused as to what was going on in this manga.....I guess if I had read that it was a continuation of the story, I may have skipped it all together. Apparently you need to have seen the anime to understand what's happening. If you haven't, don't bother reading this....it really makes no sense on its own.
Danna
Jul 22, 2015 Danna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This manga started out iffy, but I really enjoyed the characters. It grew on me alot. I really can't wait to see where this whole story is going. It felt like this volume was a big set up for things to come.
pinkgal
Mar 28, 2007 pinkgal rated it liked it
Don't take the three stars as an indication that this manga is bad per se. It's just that compared to the other manga on my list, I feel it falls a bit short. It's very, very pretty. But there's not a whole lot of substance. One slightly annoying thing is that you kind of have to watch the anime before you can read the manga because so much crap happens beforehand that a lot of the plot points really won't make much sense unless you've watched the series. I made the mistake of reading the manga ...more
hujanlia
Nov 11, 2008 hujanlia rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
A sequel to Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker (SIP).
The reason for it's changing title was because previously Peacemaker published by Enix and then switched to Mag Garden.

If SIP, the previous series, was mainly about Shinsengumi's victories, Peacemaker Kurogane timeline reaches to where Meiji Restoration started to strengthen it's grip.

Some friends turned their backs, other came for revenge, and new friends offered a new perspective and direction.

IMO, Peacemaker Kurogane is even darker than SIP, thoug
Nick
Feb 13, 2016 Nick rated it liked it
This series tells a very interesting story, but I sometimes found the visual storytelling to be choppy and distracting. The footnotes in the book were essential to anyone not heavily steeped in Japanese culture, and I was very glad that they were there, but there were plot points where the characters didn't seem to be responding to the same story that the reader was witnessing. For instance, if you were given orders out of the blue to do something very strange, wouldn't your response show on you ...more
Jaimie
May 10, 2015 Jaimie rated it liked it
I'm not entirely sure what to think of the first volume of this manga, since it feels like it is a continuation of the anime rather than an adaptation of the same story. Nevertheless, I am very curious about who the strange samurai (who seems to be American?) is and what the musterious cat-like man will do now that he has killed his master. The entire cast of characters are quite intriguing overall, even if their story and relationships are still a bit muddy.
Mayday
Jan 05, 2013 Mayday rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-mine
Rereading :)

I always love story about Shinseigumi, well, except Hakuoki of course. It's always dark and I know it won't end happily ever after. Back then in middle school, I read a lot of books about Japan's history from Taiko to Masashi so it was no surprise that I loved this manga so much and I liked Nanae Chrono's artwork, still now, even when Nanae tends to make ambiguous relationship among her characters and her plot is always confusing.
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I'm glad I watched the anime, because this felt like it was the middle of the series, instead of the beginning, but it's still good.

EDITI just found out that the reason why this seems like the middle is because there's a prequel series called Peacemaker, which is what the anime episodes are from. So that helpsEDIT
Abbie
Feb 25, 2014 Abbie rated it really liked it
The plot was a bit confusing but this is the introduction and that happens in the introduction. I'm definitely looking into the rest of the series and I would suggest this to any manga lovers.
The characters are hilarious and the story is pretty serious. It focuses on a group of samurai and their back stories with a bit of fantasy added in.
Lacey Robinson
Jan 09, 2013 Lacey Robinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, manga
Nanae Chrono is one of my favorite manga artists and has successfully made this series one of the most likable set of characters for a manga set in this time that I've read. My only complaint is that there are only three volumes to this particular version.
Angeles Broullón
I discovered after Rourouni Kenshin, and I really enjoyed watching the events from the opposite side.
Kellie
Oct 04, 2009 Kellie rated it it was amazing
I loved the manga and the anime! It took me a while to figure out that the Shinsengumi was actually real though...........
Jessica
Jun 17, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read this and seen the show. great anime really bloody and sometimes not. old times their all in but great story line wish i can read more of this.
Amantanathania
Jul 18, 2013 Amantanathania rated it it was amazing
another story about shinsengumi & Okita souji, really like it!
Jeremy Espinoza
Jeremy Espinoza rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2016
Cagnazzo
Cagnazzo rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Samir Shah
Samir Shah rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
Reaksmeiy
Reaksmeiy rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Dem
Dem rated it it was ok
May 01, 2011
Dani
Dani rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2013
Ricki
Ricki rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2009
Gavin
Gavin rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2012
Sin Yee
Sin Yee rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Misty
Misty rated it did not like it
Jan 08, 2017
Nanaofukutaichou
Nanaofukutaichou rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2011
  • tactics, Volume 1
  • Trinity Blood, Vol. 4
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 11
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3
  • Kaze Hikaru, Vol. 2
  • Saiyuki, Vol. 3

Peace Maker Kurogane (6 books)
  • Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 2
  • Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 3
  • Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 4
  • Peace Maker Kurogane Vol. 5
  • Peace Maker Kurogane 06 (Peace Maker Kurogane, #6)

“May today's short moments of joy become treasured memories in the future.” 0 likes