The Little, Brown Handbook, APA Update with CD

The Little, Brown Handbook, APA Update with CD

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Little, Brown Handbook has always addressed both the most current and the recurrent needs of composition teachers and students while remaining an accessible reference and a comprehensive classroom text. The eighth edition continues that tradition by offering greatly expanded coverage of writing and researching with computers, smaller chapters for large subjects such as...more
Hardcover, Eighth Edition, 0 pages
Published July 23rd 2002 by Longman (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about The Little, Brown Handbook, APA Update with CD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little, Brown Handbook, APA Update with CD

Megan
Nobody in her right mind would read this book cover to cover. But since I'm going to be using this in the class I'm teaching next term, I'm trying to read the whole thing. Every time I sit down with it though, I fall asleep. What does this say about my qualifications as a teacher? I'm afraid to ask.
Runningfox
An excellent comprehensive reference guide for any writer.. This is a very excellent small reference book and is a great help for anyone who enjoys writing..
Misnomer
Mar 31, 2007 Misnomer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: alwaysaccessing
Too many people can't speak properly - and writing has been completely disregarded. I wish people would take literacy more seriously and invest in improving their language skills. This book is the sure fire way to becoming 'literate'. Just knowing how to read and write is not literacy, folks. It's about relating, comprehending, visualizing, etc.

Arm yourself before it's too late.
Lauren H
a solid, oft-required in college courses, handbook. although, i must admit i'm a bit put-off that they no longer use brown covers. geez, little, brown handbook... stick with what you know! with who you are! (mine is brown, though it's also a lot older. and scribbled in. and blissfully unaware of the internet and electronic resources...)
Jeffrey
This one has it all, and it's nicely organized, and--can I say?--it looks neat. It has what all good readers and writers need: grammar, mechanics, spelling rules and tips, sentence help, knowing the difference between a phrase and clause, and so on. A standar, classic, choice.
Lafcadio
Aug 19, 2007 Lafcadio rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Leslie
The teacher's edition. Don't really know how I got my hands on this one, but I'm shifty like that. Now I can rule the world! Or... just effectively teach grammar. Same thing, though, right?
Charles
My college rhetoric handbook. I think I may just read it this time around, instead of just as a resource.
Lisa
The Little, Brown Handbook by H. Ramsey Fowler (1986)
Jessica
A good basic grammar text. Easy to read, strong index.
Alex
The Little, Brown Handbook by H. Ramsey Fowler (1997)
Oscar Prince jr
Oscar Prince jr marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Burak
Burak marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Mohamed Adel
Mohamed Adel marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Gina
Gina added it
Sep 09, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Angelia Franklin
Angelia Franklin marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Eileen
Eileen added it
Aug 27, 2014
Ben
Ben added it
Aug 27, 2014
Brogan
Brogan marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
A
A added it
Aug 23, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Gela
Gela marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Bedford Handbook
  • Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
  • A Glossary of Literary Terms
  • 501 Spanish Verbs: Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses in a New Easy-To-Learn Format Alphabetically Arranged
  • The Penguin Dictionary of Literary Terms and Literary Theory
  • A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations
  • Bartlett's Familiar Quotations : A Collection of Passages, Phrases, and Proverbs Traced to Their Sources in Ancient and Modern Literature
  • Roget International Thesaurus
  • Line by Line: How to Edit Your Own Writing
  • Fiction Writer's Workshop
  • The Lie That Tells a Truth: A Guide to Writing Fiction
  • Who Was Helen Keller?
The Little, Brown Handbook Little, Brown Handbook The Little, Brown Handbook with MyCompLab Student Access Code The Little, Brown Handbook Revised Custom Edition Writer's Guide for California State University, Dominguez Hills Little, Brown Handbook (with MyCompLab NEW with E-Book Student Access) Value Package (includes 80 Readings for Composition)