Start by marking “Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling?” as Want to Read:
Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling?

Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling? (Duck & Goose)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  234 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Preschoolers, rejoice! Duck and Goose are back in their third board book appearance. All the favorite characters, including Bluebird and Thistle, return—this time to help toddlers learn about their feelings. Following on the heels of the hugely successful What’s Up, Duck? and Duck & Goose 1,2,3, this charming board book uses simple text and colorful illustrations to he ...more
Board Book, 22 pages
Published January 13th 2009 by Schwartz & Wade (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling?

Becky

I haven't read all the books in the Duck & Goose series by Tad Hills. But the few I have read, I have enjoyed immensely. I love this pairing of friends. In this board book adventure, we see ten emotions illustrated: hopeful, selfish, proud, frustrated, scared, patient, sad, happy, angry, loving. This identify-your-emotions concept book is fun. Fun because we've all been there. My favorite illustration? Frustration.
Sonya Feher
Duck and Goose are back to show us how they're feeling. While this is not one of my favorite books in the series, Tad Hills' addition to the emotions books for kids includes some more involved interpretation of emotion than just the standard happy and sad. At our house, we especially like the pages for scared and selfish.
Lindsey
Another great entry in the Duck & Goose series. This one is better suited for older toddlers or preschoolers as it identifies different feelings. There is no story for littler ones to follow along with and it would be difficult for them to identify with abstract concepts.

The illustrations are adorably perfect; as Duck, Goose, and friends demonstrate their emotions, so too do the clouds, butterflies, flowers, etc. Hills even includes some non-typical but all too preschooler-ish emotions: frus
Brian
Have you ever tried to explain the concept of hope? Or frustration? This book combines pictures with single abstract words and requires the reader to fill in the details. In other words, it's not a book to read when you're tired or not on your "A" Game. You also might want to do some brainstorming before reading it out loud the first time. Otherwise you might find yourself nervous and stumbling over how to explain "anger" and what the proper response for a two-year old who's angry is. I will say ...more
Bailey Johannes
May 08, 2015 Bailey Johannes marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sad-books
Shows kids that it is okay to be sad.
G.E. Porier
A great book about emotions. Simple and easy. This helped me daughter recognize different feelings.
Emerson
Duck and goose demonstrate everyday situations and the emotion that might go along with it (eg the block tower fell down and goose is grimacing; he is "frustrated"). Good tool to help children understand their emotions.
Jenny
I liked Duck and Goose books and this one falls in with all the rest. Darling illustrations, emotive characters. I am usually drawn to feelings books due to my work as a play therapist, this one has soon fun elements. I love the depth that is brought out through these simple illustrations.
Meredith
Duck and Goose express a wider range of emotions in Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling? than the typical picture book about feelings. They feel angry, happy, sad, and scared but duck and goose also feel hopeful, selfish, proud, frustrated, patient, and loving.
Sarah Jensen
My son calls this "the yighting [lightening] book" because on one of the pages it shows a dark sky with lightening and he just loves lightening for some reason. I love the Duck & Goose books. They're adorable, simple, and kids love em.
Wooden Horse
I like that this board book illustrates a number of feelings. I also like that each spread has only one word so that the reader and listener have to explore the images to find out why Duck or Goose are sad or happy etc.
Katie
Another cute Duck & Goose book! This one captures the essence of emotions like frustration, anger, happiness, and patience with its bright, adorable, and humorous illustrations.

A good choice to practice dialogic reading.
Molly
I am biased I just love Tad Hills I wish this was not just in board book it would be fun for storytime if bigger. Hills can really capture emotions and this is a great book that shows this to young children. Ages 2+
This is an excellent book about feelings. It opens with "hopeful" as Duck & Goose observe a seedling just beginning to sprout and ends with "loving" as the two embrace. Wonderful in its choice of emotions!
Casey
Adorable book, the characters act so similar to the early education kids I've seen lately. Their arguments lead to friendship in a positive way, they find that working together is the best solution.
Inspired Kathy
I love Duck & Goose. Cute pictures, simple text, great for young ones. This book explores feelings like patient, frustrated, selfish and hopeful.
Miri
I love Duck and Goose. The way the feelings are illustrated in this book is just adorable (I especially loved angry and proud).
Kim
E-book version of a baby board book. One word per page with adorable illustrations.

themes: ducks, emotions, friends, geese
Ashley
Spencer loves these books. The illustrations are colorful, engaging, and darling. Definite winners in our house.
Denise
I love Duck and Goose and the illustrations are beautiful, bright, and perfect for attracting baby's attention.
Stephanie
I absolutely love this series! This is the second book of the series that I have read. So cute. So simple!
Mrs.
Love these Duck and Goose books and this one is a must add to my collection of picture books.
Beth
A bit too simple. Each page has a feeling (i.e. sad, happy) and corresponding picture.
Kayla
Nice book of relevant feelings, illustrated in a way that young readers can understand.
Ecl  Storytellers
Great book series for toddler storytimes; Duck and Goose Find a Pumpkin would be a hit
Amanda Allen
A couple of the emotions are obvious, but most are, and the art is great.
Jenny
I know have a platform for discussing the difference between Happy and Sad.
Amy Brown
Another cute Duck and Goose book, this time exploring feelings.
Deborah
Love the illustrations in these board books.
  • Yawn
  • Are You a Cow?
  • Baby Happy Baby Sad
  • Blue Goose
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors?
  • Little Quack's Bedtime
  • Chicky Chicky Chook Chook
  • The Sleepy Little Alphabet: A Bedtime Story from Alphabet Town
  • Peedie
  • Alphabet
  • Corduroy Goes to the Doctor (lg format)
  • The Giant Hug
  • Down by the Bay
  • Let's Count Goats!
  • Bright Baby First Words
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • If You're Happy and You Know It!
“Whenever I picture myself [as a child],” says Tad Hills, “I am doing art. I spent a lot of time on my own making things, drawing, and painting.” Hills was not consciously trying to become an artist, rather his motives were innocent and pure. “I liked making things,” he says.

As a graduate of Skidmore College in New York with a degree in art, Hills describes himself as the ultimate freelancer. He’s
More about Tad Hills...

Duck & Goose (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Duck & Goose
  • Duck, Duck, Goose
  • Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
  • Duck & Goose, It's Time For Christmas!
  • Duck & Goose, 1, 2, 3
  • Duck & Goose, Here Comes the Easter Bunny!
  • Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug
  • What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites
  • Duck & Goose Go to the Beach
  • Duck & Goose Colors
How Rocket Learned to Read Rocket Writes a Story Duck & Goose Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin Duck, Duck, Goose