Start by marking “Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling?” as Want to Read:
Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling?

Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling? (Duck & Goose)

Preschoolers, rejoice! Duck and Goose are back in their third board book appearance. All the favorite characters, including Bluebird and Thistle, return—this time to help toddlers learn about their feelings. Following on the heels of the hugely successful What’s Up, Duck? and Duck & Goose 1,2,3, this charming board book uses simple text and colorful illustrations to he ...more
Board Book, 22 pages
Published January 13th 2009 by Schwartz & Wade (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling?

Becky
Jan 20, 2009 Becky rated it liked it

I haven't read all the books in the Duck & Goose series by Tad Hills. But the few I have read, I have enjoyed immensely. I love this pairing of friends. In this board book adventure, we see ten emotions illustrated: hopeful, selfish, proud, frustrated, scared, patient, sad, happy, angry, loving. This identify-your-emotions concept book is fun. Fun because we've all been there. My favorite illustration? Frustration.
Sonya Feher
Duck and Goose are back to show us how they're feeling. While this is not one of my favorite books in the series, Tad Hills' addition to the emotions books for kids includes some more involved interpretation of emotion than just the standard happy and sad. At our house, we especially like the pages for scared and selfish.
Brian
Oct 17, 2012 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever tried to explain the concept of hope? Or frustration? This book combines pictures with single abstract words and requires the reader to fill in the details. In other words, it's not a book to read when you're tired or not on your "A" Game. You also might want to do some brainstorming before reading it out loud the first time. Otherwise you might find yourself nervous and stumbling over how to explain "anger" and what the proper response for a two-year old who's angry is. I will say ...more
Lindsey
Nov 28, 2012 Lindsey rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, baby
Another great entry in the Duck & Goose series. This one is better suited for older toddlers or preschoolers as it identifies different feelings. There is no story for littler ones to follow along with and it would be difficult for them to identify with abstract concepts.

The illustrations are adorably perfect; as Duck, Goose, and friends demonstrate their emotions, so too do the clouds, butterflies, flowers, etc. Hills even includes some non-typical but all too preschooler-ish emotions: frus
Ashwini Baranwal
Dec 02, 2016 Ashwini Baranwal rated it really liked it
Read this for our 2YO, had fun making all the expressions. He seemed to be more in a hurry to shut the book and say "THE END".
Jenny
Jul 28, 2009 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I liked Duck and Goose books and this one falls in with all the rest. Darling illustrations, emotive characters. I am usually drawn to feelings books due to my work as a play therapist, this one has soon fun elements. I love the depth that is brought out through these simple illustrations.
Meredith
Duck and Goose express a wider range of emotions in Duck & Goose, How Are You Feeling? than the typical picture book about feelings. They feel angry, happy, sad, and scared but duck and goose also feel hopeful, selfish, proud, frustrated, patient, and loving.
Katie
Feb 25, 2009 Katie rated it really liked it
Another cute Duck & Goose book! This one captures the essence of emotions like frustration, anger, happiness, and patience with its bright, adorable, and humorous illustrations.

A good choice to practice dialogic reading.
Molly
Mar 01, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing
I am biased I just love Tad Hills I wish this was not just in board book it would be fun for storytime if bigger. Hills can really capture emotions and this is a great book that shows this to young children. Ages 2+
Feb 14, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book about feelings. It opens with "hopeful" as Duck & Goose observe a seedling just beginning to sprout and ends with "loving" as the two embrace. Wonderful in its choice of emotions!
Emerson and Theodore
Jul 07, 2014 Emerson and Theodore rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
Duck and goose demonstrate everyday situations and the emotion that might go along with it (eg the block tower fell down and goose is grimacing; he is "frustrated"). Good tool to help children understand their emotions.
Sarah Jensen
Jul 13, 2012 Sarah Jensen rated it it was amazing
My son calls this "the yighting [lightening] book" because on one of the pages it shows a dark sky with lightening and he just loves lightening for some reason. I love the Duck & Goose books. They're adorable, simple, and kids love em.
Wooden Horse
Feb 17, 2012 Wooden Horse rated it liked it
Shelves: toddler-skills
I like that this board book illustrates a number of feelings. I also like that each spread has only one word so that the reader and listener have to explore the images to find out why Duck or Goose are sad or happy etc.
Casey
Adorable book, the characters act so similar to the early education kids I've seen lately. Their arguments lead to friendship in a positive way, they find that working together is the best solution.
Denise
Apr 20, 2009 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
I love Duck and Goose and the illustrations are beautiful, bright, and perfect for attracting baby's attention.
Stephanie
Jul 14, 2010 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-for-babies
I absolutely love this series! This is the second book of the series that I have read. So cute. So simple!
Kim
Feb 21, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
E-book version of a baby board book. One word per page with adorable illustrations.

themes: ducks, emotions, friends, geese
Ashley
Oct 06, 2009 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: great-kid-books
Spencer loves these books. The illustrations are colorful, engaging, and darling. Definite winners in our house.
Miri
Jul 01, 2016 Miri rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
I love Duck and Goose. The way the feelings are illustrated in this book is just adorable (I especially loved angry and proud).
Inspired Kathy
Mar 04, 2010 Inspired Kathy rated it really liked it
I love Duck & Goose. Cute pictures, simple text, great for young ones. This book explores feelings like patient, frustrated, selfish and hopeful.
Jj
Jj rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2011
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2011
Bina
Bina rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Engy Neville
Engy Neville rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2015
Kate Rice
Kate Rice rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Edward Sullivan
Edward Sullivan rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2011
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2014
Sadia
Sadia rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2013
  • Are You a Cow?
  • Yawn
  • Blue Goose
  • Baby Happy Baby Sad
  • Llama Llama Wakey-Wake
  • Alphabet
  • Time for a Hug
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors?
  • Punk Farm on Tour
  • Can You Growl Like a Bear?
  • On the Farm
  • Let's Count Goats!
  • Corduroy Goes to the Doctor (lg format)
  • Dogs
  • Thumpy Feet
  • I Love You, Good Night
  • Little Quack's Bedtime
  • Chicky Chicky Chook Chook
“Whenever I picture myself [as a child],” says Tad Hills, “I am doing art. I spent a lot of time on my own making things, drawing, and painting.” Hills was not consciously trying to become an artist, rather his motives were innocent and pure. “I liked making things,” he says.

As a graduate of Skidmore College in New York with a degree in art, Hills describes himself as the ultimate freelancer. He’s
More about Tad Hills...

Duck & Goose (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Duck & Goose
  • Duck, Duck, Goose
  • Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
  • Duck & Goose, It's Time For Christmas!
  • Duck & Goose, 1, 2, 3
  • Duck & Goose, Here Comes the Easter Bunny!
  • Duck & Goose, Goose Needs a Hug