Start by marking “What a Good Big Brother!” as Want to Read:
What a Good Big Brother!

What a Good Big Brother!

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  17 reviews
“Why is Sadie crying?” Cameron asks, and asks, and asks. While Cameron loves his new baby sister, he does not love her crying. Mom and Dad can quiet Sadie by changing her diaper, feeding her, and singing lullabies, but when all else fails, Cameron takes over. A Good Big Brother can rub tummies and kiss toes to turn a whimper into a smile!

With humor and warmth, New York Tim
Published January 27th 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about What a Good Big Brother!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What a Good Big Brother!

Theresa
A lot of sibling books for kids set up a conflict between the older and younger sibling right away that's eventually resolved, but this one simply models good older sibling behavior pretty effectively. The story isn't particularly exciting, but is sweet. Good for 3-5 year olds.
Rosita
Beautiful illustrations! I love how the illustrations include some of the words in the story. This is just a beautiful story for a child is become a big sister or brother. Cameron loved his new baby sister Sadie. Cameron had alot of question why his little baby sister always crying and for what was the purpose for her crying. This is a family tradition to care for one another, its warm and easy to read. It is a colorful picture book for children to go along with the story. Cameron is supportive ...more
Becky
What do babies do best? Well, babies do many things, really, but one of the things they do best is express themselves. They cry. A lot. Cameron, the little boy in the story, is a good big brother. He loves his baby sister, Sadie. He's learning what there is to know about babies. He's finding out quickly that babies cry for many different reasons. The book shows that taking care of a baby is a group effort. There are jobs for mom, dad, and a big brother. (Dad does diaper duty, for example. Mom br ...more
The Library Lady
The boy in this book looks like "Dondi" from the famous comic strip, and the way the text is placed on the side is not attractive graphically. The story is sweeter than sweet to the point of saccharine. This will work for parents who want idyllic fantasies about new babies for those big brothers and sisters, and will undoubtedly get adoring reviews from childless adults. Personally, I prefer Peter's Chairfor a more realistic view of things, or if you want something without a touch of sibling riv ...more
Erin Sterling
I was not a good big sister, so it felt unrealistic to me. :P

What a Good Big Brother is a good story for young children who have become big brothers or sisters recently. Cameron wants to know why his baby sister Sadie is crying and learns that sometimes it’s because she needs a diaper change, sometimes it’s because she’s hungry, sometimes because she’s sleepy, and sometimes for no reason at all. While the story may seem a bit saccharine at times since Cameron is always a good big brother, the i
Amanda
Apr 01, 2010 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Amanda by: BookPage
Shelves: kid-s-books
This was a very good book about being an older brother. Helpful for us because it also was about having a baby sister. The illustrations are beautiful, fun and vibrant and the story has a little repetition, but not too much to be boring. I wish I'd known about and bought this one for my son when our daughter was born. I'll keep it in mind for anyone who has a future big brother in their family...
Brianna
It was a good book! This would be a good book to read to a child that has a sibling on the way or has a younger sibling just because it might be nice to show the child how to be a good older sibling. It was also kinda humors to me because I have really never met a child these days who actually like to help there parents out with anything other than themselves.
Molly
I really liked this for a Big Brother book. It was simple but was great at preparing a child that a baby will cry. It also lets them know that you can help and do things to make the baby feel beter. I thought it was sweet and loved the size of the pictures the whole family can read this one together. Ages 3+
Zack
Might be good for one-on-one reading for a family with a new baby. I found it to be yet another new-baby-in-the-house-book. I found the art style distracting.
Tricia
Cameron is helpful when his baby sister cries...so is it surprise when he makes her smile? Good story for older brothers or sisters with a new baby in the house.
Kim
Good story on waht to expect when a new baby comes home and what a big brother/sister can do to help. Willnot use in storytime
Karyn
Susie
Apr 11, 2009 Susie added it
Shelves: siblings, easy
A young boy becomes a big brother to a baby sister. Delightful illustrations.
Liwen
關於新手足的繪本,適合家裡將要添小寶寶的家庭,父母可以帶著小朋友閱讀,先幫孩子做心理建設,協助建立手足之愛~~
Tina
"crying baby, sibling, how to act around a baby"
Megan
Cameron is such a sweet big brother!
Trisan
big brothers are awesome
Esty
Esty added it
Jul 23, 2014
Devita Aulia
Devita Aulia marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Eamon
Eamon added it
Feb 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Barbie: Fairytopia (Step into Reading) Barbie: Thumbelina Hog and Dog (Step into Reading) The Jungle Book (A Stepping Stone Book) Hooray for Halloween! (Barbie)